Just eight years old but plucky little "Tong" is the main breadwinner of the family

webfact

Just eight years old but plucky little "Tong" is the main breadwinner of the family

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook highlighted the plight of a southern Thailand family who is supported by the great efforts of a plucky eight year old boy.

Jatuphat Chichang - or Tong - is in P2 at Ban Ranod school. He often gets up at 5am to sell vegetables grown by his grandmother.

He sells the veg for 10 baht a bag after transporting them to market on his rickety old tricycle. Sometimes he sells after school or at weekends - anything to help out his folks at home.

He lives with his grandmother Wannee, 54, and bedridden great granddad, 94 and ailing great grandmother who is 87.

Wannee said she is also unwell but tries to grow as much veg as she can to give to Tong to sell. Sometimes he makes 100 baht sometimes more to make ends meet.

She said that Tong's mother and father abandoned him when he was eight months old. He had seen the face of his mother just once and his father was in trouble with the law.

Tong said bravely: "I am not tired. I need to help gran and the old folks. I will study hard and see what the future brings".

Those wishing to donate to help the family can contact Wannee on 080-5467266 or Suphachai on 063-9142978.

A bank account in the name of Wannee at Krung Thai bank, Ranod branch can be used to send donations. The account number is 983 - 0 -77469-4.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-07