EU states see Britain failing to meet Brexit divorce terms

webfact

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

A much higher percentage of conservatives than labour voted for Brexit. Income inequality, rising tuition rates, slashing the NHS, reducing taxes sharply on the wealthy. all these are conservative moves that have hurt working class and middle class Britons. Yet instead of recognizing this, lots of voters blame the EU.

Beause after 10  years of that idiot blair, thats why voters turned to the conservatives, what a real mess it would be if him or worsr Corbyn and Abbott ever got into power again

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Beause after 10  years of that idiot blair, thats why voters turned to the conservatives, what a real mess it would be if him or worsr Corbyn and Abbott ever got into power again

They might get back a decent NHS again. And maybe tuitions would be affordable. And taxes might be restored to the level they were at when the UK economy was doing well. Horrors!

Just now, Grouse said:

The UK USED to be a friendly place AND the pound was strong

Now we have been tainted by a nasty xenophobic side

The pound is also very weak.

As you must be aware applications by European nurses are down 90% and levers up 60%. 

Dont know about vegetable pickers. Are they pricing us out?

The pound is week due to Carney, Recruitment agencies have already adjusted their marketing to countries that offer a higher level of candidate than the EU so staff shortages are just an extension of project BS

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

They might get back a decent NHS again. And maybe tuitions would be affordable. And taxes might be restored to the level they were at when the UK economy was doing well. Horrors!

The NHS is on its knees due to other matters than lack of funding, talk to anyone that works there and they will tell you yhe root cause of the problem  Under which government did tuition fees risre the most. 

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

Weren't half of the Europe with the Germans, fighting against UK and Russia?

Ah yes, you mean like the Walloon Legion, The Langemark Division. The Nederland Division and The Charlemagne Division?

I think the point has been clearly made by a few members on this topic why the UK voted to leave the EU. For years of oppression by lefty facists that wouldnt allow open discussion on certain subjects. Its think and do as we say or we will demonise and shut you up, Fancy reporting someone on a forum for having a diffetent view. Its comical if not so serious as to the way certain people behave. 

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

UK government really sounds like it's a teenager, who doesn't know what it actually wants, but wishes to protests in every turn. 

The Paradise papers showed a lot of corruption within UK laws to benefit the super rich people. Therefore I can understand why UK people wishes to kick the government's arse. However Brexit will only things worse as there is no longer a larger power to keep the corrupt UK government in place. 

You really think the EU is not corrupt - :clap2::clap2:

You think the very wealthy in other EU member states don't actively avoid tax by paying experts to make full use of the law?

Have a look where those avoiding tax by using Leichtenstein mainly came from. It wasn't the UK sunshine. Or Luxembourg.

Edited by Baerboxer

9 hours ago, petermik said:

No you will not rip us off.......:thumbsup:

If you don't mind petermik I will use your post to respond to.

Once again plenty of fighting talk from the Brits here and that is how it should be.  However the reality is far more sombre.  Theresa May is so weak now that negotiating is going to be even more difficult than before and then it was near impossible to get anything positive from Brexit.  If Britain could realistically walk away it would have done by now.  So we are left with the British stiff upper lip and unfortunately I expect it will be bloodied any time soon.   There was never going to be any winners here, just damage limitation.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Do you have ANY idea how big Germany's surplus is?

If you think the loss of the UK contribution will make a damn of difference, you are deluding yourself! Mind you, they're not going to cut the UK any slack!

The upside of Brexit had better be bloody huge!

The loss of net contributor UK will have a big impact on EU contributions for other members. The ones, most of them, that take out more ain't gonna like not having so much gravy to dip their bread in Grousy.

Let's not pretend it's chump change that Merkel has in her handbag. And the French might not be able to dip in as they like to do for so long.

It was never going to end well because at the end of the day those driving the EU want revenge and to screw as much as they can regardless of any real justification or morality.

This has shown the British and other EU politicians up for what they are - all of them.

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

I don't think we want to be separated by the thoughts of Russian trolls like baansgr

Those are the accounts who made the difference in Brexit vote. Those are the accounts who wish to divide the western way of thinking. 

What a lovely tin foil hat!

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The UK has benefitted massively from being a member of the EU. Too many to list here. Global leverage has also increased. 

According to oilinki our global influence has diminished.  I was making the point that he can't have it both ways just to suit his argument. We've either benefited or diminished under the EU.

Sterling was recovering only a few weeks after Brexit. Carneys decision to cut interst rates and his bleak outlook... That has since proved wrong... Is why Sterling dropped again. Hes a very clever man, last weeks rise was overshadowed  again by his statement max rate of 1% in the next 3 years covered his back that Brexit is to blame. 

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

You started to use big words! Is that the sign that I'm not allowed to ridicule your government, more than you do?

I'm perfectly ok with the work you do, keeping your government in it's place. However this Brexit thing was not handled so well. 

I thought you needed a bit of extra help. After all, you already lost this fight on Brexit. I have no idea, why the fuuuck that happened, but it did. 

Is there a way we, the grownups, could help you?

I'd be interested to know which incredible and perfect country you come from. You seem to enjoy talking down the UK so much I can only imagine you're from an amazing place where there are absolutely no issues, ever.

You don't do the Remain side any favours with your flag waving childish outbursts.

If you are actually a 15yr old using your parents computer, I apologise.  That would explain your naïve and ill informed comments.

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

Nonsense. It could have diminished more if it weren't in the EU.

Who really cares about global influence. What really matters is quality of life at home and work. Zero contract hours, wage suppression,  rising housing costs, crumbling NHS, overcrowded schools, these are major issues that need addressing. With over 3 million EU citizens in the UK its putting a strain on resources, thats a fact that cant be denied..... 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

The loss of net contributor UK will have a big impact on EU contributions for other members. The ones, most of them, that take out more ain't gonna like not having so much gravy to dip their bread in Grousy.

Let's not pretend it's chump change that Merkel has in her handbag. And the French might not be able to dip in as they like to do for so long.

It was never going to end well because at the end of the day those driving the EU want revenge and to screw as much as they can regardless of any real justification or morality.

This has shown the British and other EU politicians up for what they are - all of them.

The French are net contributors to the EU. Big time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-eu-members-net-contributions-and-net-funding-2016-12?r=UK&IR=T

Again we're talking about at most 10 billion euros in a 14 trillion euro economy. That amounts to .07 percent. That's less than 1 thousandth of the entire EU economy.

Correction: with the UK gone the GDP of Europe would be about 11.5 trillion. So I guess that means the shortfall would amount to about .09 percent of the EU's GDP. Still less than one thousandth.

Edited by ilostmypassword

5 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Who really cares about global influence. What really matters is quality of life at home and work. Zero contract hours, wage suppression,  rising housing costs, crumbling NHS, overcrowded schools, these are major issues that need addressing. With over 3 million EU citizens in the UK its putting a strain on resources, thats a fact that cant be denied..... 

I agree. I didn't raise the issue. I just pointed out that CG1_Blue's reason was defective.

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The French are net contributors to the EU. Big time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-eu-members-net-contributions-and-net-funding-2016-12?r=UK&IR=T

Again we're talking about at most 10 billion euros in a 14 trillion euro economy. That amounts to .07 percent. That's less than 1 thousandth of the entire EU economy.

Correction: with the UK gone the GDP of Europe would be about 11.5 trillion. So I guess that means the shortfall would amount to about .09 percent of the EU's GDP. Still less than one thousandth.

Quoting contributions against economy is just massaging the figures to suit your needs, its a mooted argument. 

4 hours ago, oilinki said:

It was 1993 when EEC became EU. 24 years ago. Why didn't Brexit happen at that time? There are parents who have lived their whole life within EU. 

.. And then there are the soon to be gone grand-grand-parents, who thought that life was so great when polio was still among us and voted for Brexit.

It's funny that younger generations don't want to have anything to do with the old geezers who still dream of the days when they were still in their youth. Naturally these old geezers think that it was the time of their life, which is true.

Today is the time of the life of the younger generations, which the elderly folks often forget by being selfish and thinking only about themselves. Not an generation to get advices of the future.

Way off the mark..... except being 100% right about “Today is the of the life of.....”

EVERYBODY.

Today is the best time of my life and I certainly don’t hanker for days gone by - cherished memories of many of them, but history nonetheless.

Brexit didn’t happen in 1993 for a couple of reasons..

1. It was actually the EC. The EU did not arrive until 2009.

2. Brexit wasn’t necessary at that time.

3. The public were not given the option of Brexit at that time.

Not until the enlargement did the EU start to become the monster that the British public voted against in 2016.

The UK is a net contributor, the EU will be worse off and the UK better off. The figures are there in black and white. Plus all the other benefits of leaving, hey retirement age might go back down to 65, always hated the idea of having to wait a few extra years for my pension while kids scattered around europe can wear designer cothes at my exprnse. 

35 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Let's just take the crumbling NHS.  Brexit campaigners promised millions of pounds after Brexit for the NHS.  Day after Brexit they said sorry that was wrong, no more money for the NHS.  Then the recruitment for the NHS was down because 90% of EU citizens were not applying for positions there.   Crumbling NHS? Yes.  Will Brexit make it better? NO it will make it harder to employ doctors and nurses because so many come from EU countries.

Blinkers are useful on horses but not so clever on people.

Oh, and by the way.  House prices in the UK have fallen since the referendum, except in parts of the wealthy South East where they have just slowed down 

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The UK is a net contributor, the EU will be worse off and the UK better off. The figures are there in black and white. Plus all the other benefits of leaving, hey retirement age might go back down to 65, always hated the idea of having to wait a few extra years for my pension while kids scattered around europe can wear designer cothes at my exprnse. 

Last year my income was 100000 euros. This year my income will be 99900 euros. I am worse off. Disaster! Of course, most people would say that was quite trivial. But what do they know?

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Let's just take the crumbling NHS.  Brexit campaigners promised millions of pounds after Brexit for the NHS.  Day after Brexit they said sorry that was wrong, no more money for the NHS.  Then the recruitment for the NHS was down because 90% of EU citizens were not applying for positions there.   Crumbling NHS? Yes.  Will Brexit make it better? NO it will make it harder to employ doctors and nurses because so many come from EU countries.

Blinkers are useful on horses but not so clever on people.

Oh, and by the way.  House prices in the UK have fallen since the referendum, except in parts of the wealthy South East where they have just slowed down 

The NHS bus has been discussrd to death.... It never said 350 million to just NHS. Also the extra money would be spent AFTER Brexit due to the savings. Yes fantastic, lets hope house prices keep falling, you have actually confirmed my point.