Trump says he trusts Putin's denials of election meddling

rooster59

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Do you use twitter?  It's full of redneck battfacked plumbers and otherwise.

I plead not guilty to using Twitter.  I've given up on Linkedin too. Forgot about facebook a few years ago.  I pretty well restrict myself to Line and TVF......purely for your enjoyment.555

And I mean that...I enjoy the banter on this forum even though it does get robust at times.

Just a shame some people are so thin skinned.

Edited by tryasimight

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I must admit though I can understand the twitteratti and Fb addicts being Clinton fans....but old mate, 55 year old plumber in <deleted> Idaho even seeing these ads?

That's a bit of a struggle to understand.Sort of seems what they were targeting was the wrong demographic.

I would have thought a few girls in wet tee shirts at truck stops with vote for the Don on them would have been more effective to get the red neck vote.

I hate to say this (I don't really) but I'm guessing the non vocal majority finally spoke.

I agree ... I don't think it was just Russian influence that got him over the line ... the alt right propaganda from websites like Brietbart would have helped a lot ... and let's face it Clinton is a very untrustworthy candidate. My view however is that Trump is so much worse.

We might well find out the truth in due course ... it was suggested in the ex-Mi6 officer's dossier that Trump was offered offshore money (not traceable to him) in return for dropping Russian sanctions and getting rid of legislation called the Magnitsky Act (I think I got that right). If this Russian investigation had never been started that is exactly what Trump would have done. The suspicion is that he is effectively a Russian stooge, who sold his country down the river for offshore roubles. Practically all of his appointments have Russian connections. Rex Tillerson, the former CEO of Exxon, is a personal acquaintance of Putin. Trump did not know him before but suddenly appoints him into a senior position after a few meetings? 

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Actually, I have.

Have you ever heard of Dylan, Holliday, Twain, Frost, Angelou, Miller, etc?

What's your point?

"What's your point?"  Lol.

point can be comprehended by many kindergarten students.

Hint: "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing"  robert zimmerman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_Nobel_laureates

Edited by atyclb

8 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I agree ... I don't think it was just Russian influence that got him over the line ... the alt right propaganda from websites like Brietbart would have helped a lot ... and let's face it Clinton is a very untrustworthy candidate. My view however is that Trump is so much worse.

We might well find out the truth in due course ... it was suggested in the ex-Mi6 officer's dossier that Trump was offered offshore money (not traceable to him) in return for dropping Russian sanctions and getting rid of legislation called the Magnitsky Act (I think I got that right). If this Russian investigation had never been started that is exactly what Trump would have done. The suspicion is that he is effectively a Russian stooge, who sold his country down the river for offshore roubles. Practically all of his appointments have Russian connections. Rex Tillerson, the former CEO of Exxon, is a personal acquaintance of Putin. Trump did not know him before but suddenly appoints him into a senior position after a few meetings? 

Do you really think potential Clinton voters were visiting sites like Breitbart and read something that caused them to vote for Trump? Seriously?  I would think that site is almost exclusively preaching to the converted already. Many of whom I would guess, don't even vote.

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Do you really think potential Clinton voters were visiting sites like Breitbart and read something that caused them to vote for Trump? Seriously?  I would think that site is almost exclusively preaching to the converted already. Many of whom I would guess, don't even vote.

I've looked at it, and I'm not alt right? But it certainly influenced his candidacy over the other candidates ... it helped get him into the game. Clinton herself helped ... as many dislike and distrust her. No one thing got him over the line, but all played their part.

Just now, AlexRich said:

I've looked at it, and I'm not alt right? But it certainly influenced his candidacy over the other candidates ... it helped get him into the game. Clinton herself helped ... as many dislike and distrust her. No one thing got him over the line, but all played their part.

I'll buy that. I've never actually seen it myself.

Tom Brokaw: ‘Where Is GOP Outrage’ Over Trump ‘Praising Putin’ and Believing Him?

Tom Brokaw took to Twitter this afternoon to ask where the Republican outrage is over President Trump‘s comments about Vladimir Putin and Russian interference.

Trump said he spoke to Putin and believes that he “means it” when he denies Russian election meddling.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/tom-brokaw-where-is-gop-outrage-over-trump-praising-putin-and-believing-him/

Trump refuses to believe all top US intel agencies - which conclude that Russian agents interfered majorly with US election campaign.

Yet he'll believe journalist-killing Putin when he says, "Nyet. Not true, buddingski, ha ha ha ha."

Trump would believe Putin saying, "Obama is not a Muslim Kenyan as a you say.  He is a woman suicide bomber from Indonesia whose bomb belt didn't ignite.  Obama then went in a Russian spaceship owned by the KGB to Jupiter, picked up Kryptonite package, and returned to White House to poison all Washingtonians.  Of course you know, Obama is immune to Kryptonite.  So is Michelle who is really a man from Fiji, and their daughters are sons and are actually robots."

Trump (with serious face), "Wow Vlad.  That's odd, but I believe you, because you Russian people help me so well with billions of dollars for my properties which are worth less.  Why do you guys pay five times more for my stuff?  I don't know, but I like it, and I love you guys.  We're all getting very rich, ha ha ha ha."

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump refuses to believe all top US intel agencies - which conclude that Russian agents interfered majorly with US election campaign.

He knows they did it because his campaign and likely he personally aided. Otherwise why would he go through this elaborate process that changed from outright denials, to collusion isn't illegal, to the people who colluded weren't major parts of the campaign, to its only opposition research, to hey Putin denies it that's good enough for me.

What I would say here is that the Republican party, Fox News, and a whole lot of posters on these forums know in their hearts that something isn't right here. Yet they will deny, change the subject, and do anything they can to deny it ever happened until there are convictions. By then it will be too late because they will have lost all credibility.

weak deranged baby man. The world leaders have got his number.  It wasn't hard to figure out. Brags about being a great deal maker. He's the biggest PATSY in American history. Just push his ego buttons and BINGO. He's not making America "great again." He's greatly degrading America and quickly. He liked to say the world laughs at us. Not so much before he was elected. Now -- BIGLY. 

Former U.S. intelligence officials say Trump is being 'played' by Putin

"By not confronting the issue directly and not acknowledging to Putin that we know you're responsible for this, I think he's giving Putin a pass," former CIA director John Brennan said on CNN's "State of the Union." "I think it demonstrates to Mr. Putin that Donald Trump can be played by foreign leaders who are going to appeal to his ego and try to play upon his insecurities, which is very, very worrisome from a national security standpoint."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Former-U-S-intelligence-officials-say-Trump-is-12351176.php

Edited by Jingthing

Very decent of Trump to take the time to clarify the Russia situation - as expected a big noise over nothing. Now, can everybody be so decent as to draw a line under this and move on? There is so many things happening on the world stage thanks to Trump, it really does seem that he can solve all of the world's major problems pretty much single-handedly thanks to his understanding how to make deals. Not giving presents and basking in the glory like his predecessors, but actually making deals, the give and take, the compromise to suit all parties. This is an amazing time, if only the highly politicized msm would start introducing some honor and morals instead of the shameful behavior over the last year with the 24/7 Russophobia garbage.

Great stuff Mr.Trump! - and yes, the silent majority are watching with a big smile across their faces

10 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

There is so many things happening on the world stage thanks to Trump, it really does seem that he can solve all of the world's major problems pretty much single-handedly thanks to his understanding how to make deals.

I think the only thing positive so far about the Trump presidency is that he hasn't been able to do anything, either domestically or internationally. He's a paper tiger.

13 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Yes , the shadow government says Putin attacked the 2016 election ... so it must be true then , Haha !

That's not a shadow government.  That's the heads of the most important intelligence agencies.  100% part of the official government.  And yes, what they are saying is true.  Too much evidence to say otherwise. 

49 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Very decent of Trump to take the time to clarify the Russia situation - as expected a big noise over nothing. Now, can everybody be so decent as to draw a line under this and move on? There is so many things happening on the world stage thanks to Trump, it really does seem that he can solve all of the world's major problems pretty much single-handedly thanks to his understanding how to make deals. Not giving presents and basking in the glory like his predecessors, but actually making deals, the give and take, the compromise to suit all parties. This is an amazing time, if only the highly politicized msm would start introducing some honor and morals instead of the shameful behavior over the last year with the 24/7 Russophobia garbage.

Great stuff Mr.Trump! - and yes, the silent majority are watching with a big smile across their faces

Totally out of it as usual.  You need to find better news sites.  Stick with the MSM.  At least the news is properly vetted.

From a conservative Washington Post commentator --

Russia’s mark: A dangerous fool for a president

President Trump’s authoritarianism, narcissism and racism threaten our democracy, but his gullibility threatens our national security. A man so uneducated and incurious about the world is willing, like his followers, to buy any crackpot conspiracy theory that makes its way to him via the Infowars-“Fox & Friends” pipeline. On the world stage, that makes him a sitting duck for slick manipulators and experienced flatterers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/11/12/russias-mark-a-dangerous-fool-for-a-president/

4 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

The Soviets Russians definitively have "something" on Trump.  :sleep:

Perhaps.  Could also be Trump doesn't want to admit they helped him win.  Something that's a definite possibility now and would crush his fragile ego.  Or, that he and his inner circle lied and will be caught out.  As many of his inner circle already have.

Many say this is a witch hunt.  But with the arrests and information discovered so far, it's far from a witch hunt.  Sad some dismiss this very important investigation.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Perhaps.  Could also be Trump doesn't want to admit they helped him win.  Something that's a definite possibility now and would crush his fragile ego.  Or, that he and his inner circle lied and will be caught out.  As many of his inner circle already have.

Many say this is a witch hunt.  But with the arrests and information discovered so far, it's far from a witch hunt.  Sad some dismiss this very important investigation.

"Many say this is a witch hunt.  But with the arrests and information discovered so far, it's far from a witch hunt.  Sad some dismiss this very important investigation."

As with the other thread running since the great election day, you guys are on the cusp on something amazing, it's all gonna come crashing down right now...right now...ok maybe tomorrow...., all our ducks are in a row we finally got him....silence...Give it up, please, for the sake of your own sanity. Russia did not get Trump elected, it is just a very lame excuse by a group of horrible people that just can't admit they played a bad game and lost. This was getting boring a week after the election, these days it's beyond farce. 

Is it possible to make Russophobia a hate crime? It would be one way of tamping down the collective madness that has engulfed the left since election day. At any rate this has all gone way beyond a joke.

8 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

"Many say this is a witch hunt.  But with the arrests and information discovered so far, it's far from a witch hunt.  Sad some dismiss this very important investigation."

As with the other thread running since the great election day, you guys are on the cusp on something amazing, it's all gonna come crashing down right now...right now...ok maybe tomorrow...., all our ducks are in a row we finally got him....silence...Give it up, please, for the sake of your own sanity. Russia did not get Trump elected, it is just a very lame excuse by a group of horrible people that just can't admit they played a bad game and lost. This was getting boring a week after the election, these days it's beyond farce. 

Is it possible to make Russophobia a hate crime? It would be one way of tamping down the collective madness that has engulfed the left since election day. At any rate this has all gone way beyond a joke.

You must be living in an alternate reality....This is definitely not a joke.  Sad you can't see how serious this is.  One of the problems with the US today.  People not accepting reality.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

You must be living in an alternate reality....This is definitely not a joke.  Sad you can't see how serious this is.  One of the problems with the US today.  People not accepting reality.

I would humbly suggest the more serious problem is a group of losers not accepting the democratic electoral system due to somebody they didn't want to win winning. Most people grew out of that mindset when they were in their pre-teens. Teach, my dog ate my homework, well perhaps it worked once, but used every day for a year teacher would have beaten it out of even the dullest student. 

Remember, your team might one day win an election. Do you want the Americans to run riot burning and looting, grasping at Russophobic straws and crying because their team lost for 4 years, or is some sort of acceptance better? Your choice.

11 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

I would humbly suggest the more serious problem is a group of losers not accepting the democratic electoral system due to somebody they didn't want to win winning. Most people grew out of that mindset when they were in their pre-teens. Teach, my dog ate my homework, well perhaps it worked once, but used every day for a year teacher would have beaten it out of even the dullest student. 

Remember, your team might one day win an election. Do you want the Americans to run riot burning and looting, grasping at Russophobic straws and crying because their team lost for 4 years, or is some sort of acceptance better? Your choice.

You've got no clue....incredible.

24 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Alleging bad motives on the part of Trump critids is one way of avoiding facing facts.For you, it seems to be the only way.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

That's not a shadow government.  That's the heads of the most important intelligence agencies.  100% part of the official government.  And yes, what they are saying is true.  Too much evidence to say otherwise. 

Seems there are a very few, select TVF members that have seen this evidence, is there any way you could share with the rest of us?