Thai same-sex couple weds after new wife completes sex change op

webfact

Thai same-sex couple weds after new wife completes sex change op

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Screenshot: Khaosod

To start a life with a man she loves, a 35-year-old Thai had a sex change operation to become a woman and got married to her partner on Sunday.

Monchai Saengtongsuk married her 23-year-old partner of five years, Anurak Inno, in an extravagant Thai wedding with a thousand guests.

To honor his bride, Anurak presented her with a dowry worth THB1 million. It included THB300,000 in cash, a gold necklace, bracelet, and not one but two wedding rings.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-sex-couple-weds-new-wife-completes-sex-change-op/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-11-14

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

Not legally married in Thailand. Thailand does not recognize same sex marriage even if one had a sex change. The news report is as bad as MSN.

I thought there was a movement to allow transgender people to legally change their gender on Thai i.d. cards. I suppose that hasn't happened yet but if it does, then such marriages would not be same sex marriages under the law. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't see how it would hurt you, or anyone, if it did. 

No, that might be. Now I am just this boring traditional guy. You know, not so modern in all ways of the new society and lifestyles.
I just live in this, modern way seen,  totally unacceptable closed minded way of thinking that a marriage should be created between non modified versions of a woman and a man.
I, know! It´s hillarious! I guess it ain´t time for me to come out of the closet yet. I realized I have to wait to gain a little bit more of a self confident lifestyle. :smile:

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don 't think it would help the birth rate increase much do you? 

Of course there is the argument Canada has a much higher gdp so if Thailand had gay marriage the gdp would go up.

But then Canada has to accept gay refugees from countries where they are persecuted. Oh but Thailand already has many gay muslim's holidaying in Patts already.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

agree 100%

actually the photo of newlyweds shows 2 young happy people full of vitality regardless of what surgical changes too place. looks better than many of the pot bellied pensioners with their scroungly uneducated illiterate female counterparts. 

7 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

I don 't think it would help the birth rate increase much do you? 

Of course there is the argument Canada has a much higher gdp so if Thailand had gay marriage the gdp would go up.

But then Canada has to accept gay refugees from countries where they are persecuted. Oh but Thailand already has many gay muslim's holidaying in Patts already.

Married or not, it wouldn't make a difference to population growth. Some seem to imagine SSM will cause more people to somehow become gay. 

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How about HUMAN well wishers? 

Yep over 1000 - more than triple of my hetero marriage. I don't know why anyone would think the groom is gay....Hays generally don't pursue transgendered people.

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Honestly, I only visit these posts now to see how long it takes for a bitter old alcoholic sexpat who can't get it up to make a homophobic comment - second comment in, keep up the good work ThaiVisa :)

don't need to be alcoholic or impotent.

22 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Not legally married in Thailand. Thailand does not recognize same sex marriage even if one had a sex change. The news report is as bad as MSN.

As bad as MSN?  Why?  Nowhere does the article say they are legally married, the report contains everything relevant to the story...if you bother to read the full story.

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Married or not, it wouldn't make a difference to population growth. Some seem to imagine SSM will cause more people to somehow become gay. 

Yep over 1000 - more than triple of my hetero marriage. I don't know why anyone would think the groom is gay....Hays generally don't pursue transgendered people.

I don't think you can get more gay than a man marrying another man no matter if they worked in a meat processing factory together or not. Lets forget the word gay...they are homosexuals. I make no judgement on what they do or have done in the bedroom during the previous five years of the relationship, but it does seem a little creepy...the blushing bride would have been 30 and the groom 18 when they first met!

28 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I don't think you can get more gay than a man marrying another man no matter if they worked in a meat processing factory together or not. Lets forget the word gay...they are homosexuals. I make no judgement on what they do or have done in the bedroom during the previous five years of the relationship, but it does seem a little creepy...the blushing bride would have been 30 and the groom 18 when they first met!

Transgender is not the same as homosexual.

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

The irony is you complain about others only seeing one side. 

I’m still laughing. 

Oh by the way, not that it’s any of your business, but I’m not gay. 

not in the Cambridge Dictanory

Many may disagree, but if a guy is committed enough to get the snip and make the effort to be passable, she's an honorary woman in my opinion, and should be treated as such: "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck". What's going on in her head is another question, and the jury's out on that one. Strangely enough, a lot of these relationships fall apart after the snip. I wouldn't call attraction to the third gender "gay" - gays worship masculinity - this is more a "ying-yang" thing.