why do they want to burn everything

opalred

i see every year the still want to burn the rice waste after harvest 

my father grew wheat 50yrs ago  and were all told to stop burning waste 

the soil benefited more if you plow the waste back into the soil which has been proven over the years

the people still want to burn there rubbish and plastic around my area

maybe a belief about burning 

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The damage they are doing to people's health is incalculable. 

What out in the countryside? No trash collection services.

More covncerned by vehicle emissions, plent of the rural vehicles are horrendously polluting.

I live in the countryside. Everybody except me (it seems) burns their plastic waste, usually around sunset when I'm sitting outside taking in the evening air and the view. It is sickening in every respect.

The problem is twofold: ignorance of the dangers to health, plus the fact that there is no alternative provided by private or public disposal services. I have discussed this with the local authorities and they will do nothing. It would cost money to organise a rubbish collection service and nobody would be prepared to pay for it.

What do I do with my rubbish? I load my car and once a week drive 70kms to take it to the nearest available collection point in the city. The car stinks for a while. It is totally inconvenient. I understand why nobody else does this.

I bought a black, blue and red bin for my house. 12 people in the house by the way including kids.

I told them green for plastic, red for metal and black for general waste. I came back from offshore all bins full and mixed.

We have the local scrap man who takes metal, plastic and cardboard.

Family happy to go thru the trash and separate it by hand.

Given up. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i live 130 ks from udon thani on my farm, 15 ks  out of si that, we have a regular garbage truck come every 10 days to our village of 83 houses, bins supplied  and  thengoes to all the surrounding villages, three recycelers come to take all the plastic, bottles and everything else that does not go in the bin supplied by the si that council, no body burns here anymore, we have just ploughed the waste back in from the rice harvest and the waste from the rice machine this year is going to grow mushrooms, we stripped the cane one month ago and it is now ready to cut without burning, no cane burning at all  around here yet, the stars  this morning were as  bright and clear as anything that i have seen in the middle of aus, i live in paradise, thais are learning!

45 minutes ago, stropper said:

i live 130 ks from udon thani on my farm, 15 ks  out of si that, we have a regular garbage truck come every 10 days to our village of 83 houses, bins supplied  and  thengoes to all the surrounding villages, three recycelers come to take all the plastic, bottles and everything else that does not go in the bin supplied by the si that council, no body burns here anymore, we have just ploughed the waste back in from the rice harvest and the waste from the rice machine this year is going to grow mushrooms, we stripped the cane one month ago and it is now ready to cut without burning, no cane burning at all  around here yet, the stars  this morning were as  bright and clear as anything that i have seen in the middle of aus, i live in paradise, thais are learning!

That's wonderful.

I'm really encouraged to read this.

Can I ask some details please?

Are the bins provided by the Council free?

Do you mean the local OrBorTor or other 'council'?

Is the garbage truck also a supplied by the local government, or a private firm?

Are the recyclers government or private?

Your answers may help me to have another go at the authorities in my area too.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

More covncerned by vehicle emissions, plent of the rural vehicles are horrendously polluting.

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet 6 km from the main village. We have a trash collection once a week which costs an enormous 30 baht a month.

We also get an irregular samlor who collects all the old bottles, paper cardboard etc and pays us for it.

3 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

That's wonderful.

I'm really encouraged to read this.

Can I ask some details please?

Are the bins provided by the Council free?

Do you mean the local OrBorTor or other 'council'?

Is the garbage truck also a supplied by the local government, or a private firm?

Are the recyclers government or private?

Your answers may help me to have another go at the authorities in my area too.

In my case in a different area the bin is free though I chose to use a black bin that I provided and it costs 30 baht per month..

The trash truck comes from the local tessaban 6km away and is local govrnment.

The sam lor recyclers are just local people and private.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet 6 km from the main village. We have a trash collection once a week which costs an enormous 30 baht a month.

We also get an irregular samlor who collects all the old bottles, paper cardboard etc and pays us for it.

In my case in a different area the bin is free though I chose to use a black bin that I provided and it costs 30 baht per month..

Helpful information, thank you.

Anyone else living in rural/remote areas who have any success stories, please post here.

There will be reluctance from may poor homes to pay even 30 baht a month I'm afraid, but it really should be tried.

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I live in the countryside. Everybody except me (it seems) burns their plastic waste, usually around sunset when I'm sitting outside taking in the evening air and the view. It is sickening in every respect.

The problem is twofold: ignorance of the dangers to health, plus the fact that there is no alternative provided by private or public disposal services. I have discussed this with the local authorities and they will do nothing. It would cost money to organise a rubbish collection service and nobody would be prepared to pay for it.

What do I do with my rubbish? I load my car and once a week drive 70kms to take it to the nearest available collection point in the city. The car stinks for a while. It is totally inconvenient. I understand why nobody else does this.

You probably pollute the atmosphere more by driving 140km than by burning your rubbish.

Why don't you bury your plastic, burn the paper, compost the biodegradeable and take glass/ cans whenever you would have made a trip to the city anyway. Cans can be crushed to save space.

Alternatively, give it to a neighbour to burn at same time as theirs.

36 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You make the recycle guy pay!!!!

He's doing you a favour, and I doubt you need the few baht he gives you. I never took money from the guy that took my recyclables. He needed it far more than I.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You make the recycle guy pay!!!!

He's doing you a favour, and I doubt you need the few baht he gives you. I never took money from the guy that took my recyclables. He needed it far more than I.

I don't MAKE him pay anything. He usually has his daughter or wife knock on the door and give me 20 or 30 baht.

The most I ever got from them was 55 baht and that was because of some old electrical/electronic stuff that was worth far more than that to him.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't MAKE him pay anything. He usually has his daughter or wife knock on the door and give me 20 or 30 baht.

The most I ever got from them was 55 baht and that was because of some old electrical/electronic stuff that was worth far more than that to him.

Same with me but I just refused to take it. 55 baht to me was nothing but to them would have been dinner.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It doesn't stay in the countryside, you don't want to be in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai during burning season ... the impact is way more intense and harmful than emissions from vehicles.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You probably pollute the atmosphere more by driving 140km than by burning your rubbish.

Why don't you bury your plastic, burn the paper, compost the biodegradeable and take glass/ cans whenever you would have made a trip to the city anyway. Cans can be crushed to save space.

Alternatively, give it to a neighbour to burn at same time as theirs.

Everything biodegradeable is indeed composted and we use the compost to grow organic vegetables.

As I have to drive into the city once a week, I take that opportunity to dispose of the plastics, glass and metals responsibly on each occasion.

Happy now?

6 hours ago, baneko said:

I bought a black, blue and red bin for my house. 12 people in the house by the way including kids.

I told them green for plastic, red for metal and black for general waste. I came back from offshore all bins full and mixed.

We have the local scrap man who takes metal, plastic and cardboard.

Family happy to go thru the trash and separate it by hand.

Given up. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sounds about right.

ya the bins are placed in front of every house, free blue plastic with a lid, supplied by the local council, thats the people in charge of the provence around here,si that, the green garbage truck is as new back hydralic loaded and maned by 3 very helpful guys, same at kumpawampi, it costs us 200 bhart a year per house, the recyclers are all private from this area, they compete to get your waste, their yards are well set up , on large blocks well out of town, our village won the 400k bart for the best presented for the kings cremation, it is very clean and tidy, the bore water is drinkable too!

23 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Whats easier-cheaper, ploughing or burning?
There lies the answer......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

True words spoken by  anything  , being lazy by any other name is still being lazy