983 foreigners busted for overstays in 3 days

Rimmer

17 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Many British passports there!!???

Maybe 10 out of 45-50, although the report states 983.

Wouldn't surprise me for the Pattaya area. I believe they are the highest number who have retirement extensions in the area so perhaps the ratio follows through for long term stayers who don't!

Surprising how many don't take the requirements seriously, while living close to or in a large City, rural areas they might get away with it. Hard if a person has made a life here with a wife, maybe adopted kids. a house or condo, and is then sent home because he couldn't meet the criteria to live here.

Criminal elements, well yes, get rid of them, enough of those in the local population.

Edited by jacko45k

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I would be fair if they treat all nationalities in the same way and investigate everyone with mo regards of the country of origin....I knew a teacher from the UK who was teaching in a well known Bangkok school and he  was overstaying his visa for 7 years 

I knew one too, who overstayed several years, and, on top of that (legally or not) ran a language school, doubling as a teacher agency, where he defrauded the teachers of their salaries, before closing shop! I later heard that, after having laid low, he tried to get a job as a teacher himself, but still being on overstay. Did his name/nick by chance start with a 'C'?

7 hours ago, balo said:

I spotted a Norwegian passport in the picture, same as mine. 

It's a shame that my countrymen can't follow the laws and just pay for a visa , they can afford it or just go home and live off the best welfare system in the world. 

Instead they choose to stay illegal in Thailand. 

I spotted actually 3 Norwegian passports there. And that out of just a selection of the arrested.

Alarming!

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

British people are not foreigners then?

Good grief old boy, no - we are citizens of the United Kingdom, British Overseas Territories, and Crown dependencies.

Foreigners are all those 'other people' across the sea.

"Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules The Waves"

:laugh:

16 hours ago, edwardflory said:

You do NOT have to carry your PP at all times. You can carry a copy , mine is wallet size, laminated with a copy of my ladies ID on the reverse side. If stopped, and required to show your ORIGINAL PP, you are supposed to be given a reasonable amount of time ( usually 4 to 8 hours ) to present the ORIGINAL PP to the 'authority' at their office.  Her ID copy is on the reverse is so the police know who to contact if I am in accident and etc.  BACKSTEP,  I do not know if you are caught in a →raid← what will happen.  Showing my 'copy' during HRM RAMA 9 viewing was accepted without any problems.

Laminated copy can be done at almost any store that does copies.. mine done at Kodak store.  She also has a copy like mine.

Thank you for clarifying that point as it is also my understanding despite what some posters state.

I have my retirement extension on the rear side of the lamination as that confirms that you are here legally, has never created a problem although have only been asked to show twice in over 6 years.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe 10 out of 45-50, although the report states 983.

Wouldn't surprise me for the Pattaya area. I believe they are the highest number who have retirement extensions in the area so perhaps the ratio follows through for long term stayers who don't!

Surprising how many don't take the requirements seriously, while living close to or in a large City, rural areas they might get away with it. Hard if a person has made a life here with a wife, maybe adopted kids. a house or condo, and is then sent home because he couldn't meet the criteria to live here.

Criminal elements, well yes, get rid of them, enough of those in the local population.

maybe most just had to pay a fine and given their passports back, maybe these are the ones ready for the grand boot out

Edited by dieseldave1951

14 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

A more pertinent question might be why not?  What is the purpose of obtaining a visa if you have no roots here?

If you don't understand the purpose of a Visa, then perhaps you should read up on them.

As for your use of the word 'pertinent', which was in response to my post # 51, your choice of word seems incongruent.

If i had to guess there are at least 1,000 more foreigners in Pattaya alone without valid visas. My advice to the  Thai police and the military raid the bars daily. More road blocks stop every foreigner and check their passports and criminal records. Track down all criminals and pedophiles. Anyone here have an issue with that?

23755360_1166938376771788_2266213839968791288_n.jpg

18 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Can never understand why people overstay for the sake of a couple of 1,000 baht they can have a visa of some description. There will however come a day when the government see a reduction in the economy for the more they kick out the less the income ??

at least rental rates in certain areas may drop significantly  yet once again  ;-)

On 24/11/2017 at 12:23 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

It seems that Not only people of color are doing illegal things in Thailand.

Color?????????????  What colour are you?????? is nationality determined by colour nowadays or only in the mind of piggotts& racists?

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

If i had to guess there are at least 1,000 more foreigners in Pattaya alone without valid visas. My advice to the  Thai police and the military raid the bars daily. More road blocks stop every foreigner and check their passports and criminal records. Track down all criminals and pedophiles. Anyone here have an issue with that?

23755360_1166938376771788_2266213839968791288_n.jpg

why post a picture of someone you don't know. do you know his story? let him sleep. no issue rounding up criminals but i do have an issue with you posting a picture of a bloke that has nothing to do with you. kotchai mai krub

4 hours ago, faraday said:

If you don't understand the purpose of a Visa, then perhaps you should read up on them.

What would you have me read, specifically?  There is no point obtaining a visa if you have no roots here.  It costs money and time and there is no benefit.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:39 AM, Peterw42 said:

They didnt go out and catch these guys, the article says 1,000 odd people people surrendered. Interested to know what prompted the mass surrender ?

Showed up at the airport and voluntarily paid their overstay fine??  or neighboring country folks working in construction sites turning in their passports to pay the fine thru their employers (Major construction sites in Bangkok had a rash of these last month according to Bangkok post)

On 11/24/2017 at 3:26 AM, edwardflory said:

You do NOT have to carry your PP at all times. You can carry a copy , mine is wallet size, laminated with a copy of my ladies ID on the reverse side. If stopped, and required to show your ORIGINAL PP, you are supposed to be given a reasonable amount of time ( usually 4 to 8 hours ) to present the ORIGINAL PP to the 'authority' at their office.  Her ID copy is on the reverse is so the police know who to contact if I am in accident and etc.  BACKSTEP,  I do not know if you are caught in a →raid← what will happen.  Showing my 'copy' during HRM RAMA 9 viewing was accepted without any problems.

Laminated copy can be done at almost any store that does copies.. mine done at Kodak store.  She also has a copy like mine.

here we go again!!!

On 11/25/2017 at 2:36 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

Color?????????????  What colour are you?????? is nationality determined by colour nowadays or only in the mind of piggotts& racists?

I am a bi-color person from at least 3 different countries.I am the final product of Humanity.Pm if you really wanna know me. 

On 24 November 2017 at 10:23 AM, Raymonddiaz said:

It seems that Not only people of color are doing illegal things in Thailand.

Are you saying that people of colour can't get a British Passport, or French, USA etc. I would suggest that passport type doesnt give an accurate assessment of skin colour.