Best Dealership to Buy New Motorcycle?

ehs818

I'm going to be buying a new motorcycle next month. I want to buy it in Chonburi Province, either Pattaya, Sri Racha, or Chonburi City.

Does anyone know where I will get the best price on a Honda Click, 125cc bike, or something similar? I'm going to start going to dealerships next week and want to get information from others who have gone thru this same experience recently.

Thanks for your feedback. All comments are welcome!

hondaclick.jpg

Edited by ehs818

The price on a Click will be about the same everywhere, Mityon sits heavily on the scooter market in Pattaya so if you are checking out prices, make sure you also check a non Mityon shop and compare.

Get a 2 year burglar insurance, it's cheap and gives you piece of mind, many scooters are stolen here. The shop of choice has this insurance.

For our PCX, we priced two different Mityon's, the place that used to be cheaper in Sri Racha, and the hometown honda dealership in Maha Sarakham and Mityon was the cheapest by a thousand or two baht.

Edited by H508

I like the Asia City Motor Co. Ltd., the Honda shop in Bowin, right on the main road (331) at the intersection with 3031 (on the left as you head away from Pattaya). Better prices than Mityon, but the amount that you can save will not be much on a low end bike, like a Wave or Click, not I think more than B1,000. It is about 30 km from Pattaya; very nice people, but their English speaking capability is limited.  I have bought 2 PCXs and a Forza there, and my savings over Mityon has been significant. I will go there again when the new Forza is available. It is a nice and very easy drive if the weather is good (especially from the Dark Side). And they will deliver the bike to you in Pattaya at the agreed price. I have not used this service, but others have. 

11 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

I like the Asia City Motor Co. Ltd

Yeah, that's the name of the place I priced for a PCX - Mityon was cheaper by 1,400 baht with the out-the-door price with 2 years theft insurance & TTL. This is why you should call around as any shop can be cheaper or higher on the day, I guess. I even had my thai girlfriend try to haggle (Mityon rounded down the price down 600 baht, Asia didn't do anything and wouldn't even meet Mityon's original price after all was said and done with insurance/tax). The hometown place in MS wasn't even close and didn't even offer 2 year theft.

Edited by H508

5 hours ago, H508 said:

Yeah, that's the name of the place I priced for a PCX - Mityon was cheaper by 1,400 baht with the out-the-door price with 2 years theft insurance & TTL. This is why you should call around as any shop can be cheaper or higher on the day, I guess. I even had my thai girlfriend try to haggle (Mityon rounded down the price down 600 baht, Asia didn't do anything and wouldn't even meet Mityon's original price after all was said and done with insurance/tax). The hometown place in MS wasn't even close and didn't even offer 2 year theft.

You are, of course, correct. It always pays to check around and get prices from the available suppliers before buying. Past and present sales. available inventory and attitudes (which can change with changes in personnel) can all affect the willingness of the shop to aggressively cut the price to make a sale. Mityon has, I think due to competition and the willingness of buyers to go outside the Pattaya area to get a better price, has been much more willing to lower price to make a sale. But I would still check with the Honda shop in Si Racha and Asia City Motor Co. Ltd in Bowin before making a final decision on where to buy. You will never know which shop will give you the best price, and it is worth the investigation to avoid "Buyer's regret" after the purchase, when you find that the bike that you bought was available at another shop at a lower price, which is always painful, especially when the price difference is significant. Cheers, FP