Is a photo of the work permit valid for half price at Ancient City?

Can anyone confirm if a photo (in your phone) of your original work permit is usually valid to get the lower entrance fee at places like Ancient City, national parks, etc? The original is with my employer, so I can't get to it to go to Ancient City this weekend - didn't realize they had double pricing until I looked at their website.

I tried calling Ancient City, but after 5 minutes I gave up and just accepted that the english vocabulary of the entire staff is limited to "hello" and "speak Thai"...

My experience is that a friendly request (in Thai) for Thai price, saying you live in Thailand will often get you the Thai price, especially with privately operated services and attractions. There is no automatic Thai price from showing a work permit or visa (except probably something showing permanent residence). Your chances will be slim if you are asking for the Thai price in English.

• Like 2

A Thai ID card (in pink, for foreigners) or drivers license is more commonly what is accepted as proof of living in Thailand. However no guarantee that this will lead to your getting a Thai price, depends on the venue - and sometimes just the person at the ticket booth as often there is no clear policy in place re resident expats.

It is a good idea to have at least one of these anyhow, as they are usually accepted for ID.

I have used my Thai driver's license in order to claim redemption points at Tops and Home Pro, for example - and my passport would nto have worked since it is new since I got the member's cards and this a different number. Thai government documents tend to use passport number as ID for foreigners who lack a Thai ID card, problem is that unlike Thai ID cards passport numbers are nto permanent.

• Like 1

Thai driving license is a government issued id, so that works mostly. 

Never heard of anyone getting discount with work permit. 

I use my driving license when checking into domestic flights, a WP would never be accepted for that.