Boundary stone control on land

Hi,

I have a lease land contract on a land. My friend got today a letter from the land department saying they want to control the boundary stones with numbers. It looks like neighbour asked for it. She s supposed to go there on 18 december but she ll be in europe. I won t be there too because i m in europe too. The land is closed with barbed wire and all the boundary stones are outside the land. I have the chanote tittle with me in europe with size and numbers on it and my name. 

Are they allowed to do the control if we are not there? What are the risks if me or my friend owner are not there? In case of bad surprise when i come back next year what can i do?

Thanks for your help.

Regards. 

The lands office will come out and measure where the boundary is located based on the drawings he has.

Most likely they will place a concrete pad / block in the ground with the plan number stamped on it that will show the correct boundary.  It has to be done according to the drawing.  It may have been better if your wife was their but if that can't be then they will go ahead without you there.

If your land is already Chanote, then the boundary is fixed as according to the chanote land title measurements and there should be numbered posts in the ground already.

Beware though, if you are not there to oversee and confirm everything, anything can happen producing major headaches in the long run.

A neighbour to my MIL decided to take half her plot and as MIL was working on the day the land dep measured and finalised, there was nothing she could do about it.

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No worries, we had a post put marking boundary after they measured up it was within a few millimetres. 

While I'm sure that's what happens most of the time, I'm equally sure that it doesn't happen all the time.  Human beings are subject to mistakes, and the Thai justice and land systems are subject to corruption.

My question would be if there is anyone the OP can hire to oversee the procedure on their behalf?  Back home, I can hire my own licensed surveyor to witness the work of the land office surveyors, on my behalf.  But that's back home...

Thank everyone for your answers. The boundary stones are already there. I m just worry they move them. I m not married so no one in the perimeter to go and check. My friend will call to tell the land office she s not there and we will see what happen. Hopefully it s nothing and everything will be find. Sometimes reading bad experiences from others makes you think too much. I will have the surprise in may. ?

2 hours ago, jeanno said:

Thank everyone for your answers. The boundary stones are already there. I m just worry they move them. I m not married so no one in the perimeter to go and check. My friend will call to tell the land office she s not there and we will see what happen. Hopefully it s nothing and everything will be find. Sometimes reading bad experiences from others makes you think too much. I will have the surprise in may. ?

Frankly I think your worried over nothing, If boundary location posts there already no worries.