November 27, 20178 yr 1 hour ago, DavisH said: How did the runstops compare to the brakes on the new fortuner? The Run Stop brakes I had fitted (bigger rotors, Callipers on front, twin callipers rear) were top notch on the old Spivo. New Spivo with rotors all round is definitely better than the rotors drum set up on previous Spivo. But a far cry from R/S. I had had the old one sorted power wise, hence the brake upgrade. Not going to bother with new one as the gearbox doesn't lend itself to an engine upgrade. I have now become Mr plodder.
November 27, 20178 yr Author 1 hour ago, fredob43 said: The Run Stop brakes I had fitted (bigger rotors, Callipers on front, twin callipers rear) were top notch on the old Spivo. New Spivo with rotors all round is definitely better than the rotors drum set up on previous Spivo. But a far cry from R/S. I had had the old one sorted power wise, hence the brake upgrade. Not going to bother with new one as the gearbox doesn't lend itself to an engine upgrade. I have now become Mr plodder. So will your car stop easily from 90kph.
November 27, 20178 yr 4 hours ago, DavisH said: And quicker the rotors will disappear! Hows the brakes on your civic btw ? Any need for an upgrade? I have already upgraded to Brembo discs + pads. Easy install. The brakes are a bit weak when driving down the hills here in Isaan.
November 27, 20178 yr 2 hours ago, wgdanson said: So will your car stop easily from 90kph. The set I had put on from R/S would stop the old Spivo loaded without any problem from 200kph, and without any fade. Please note that I didn't do those sorts of speeds regularly only once or twice to test. The new Spivo also work well not that I have been anywhere near the 200 mark. What with the new cameras about more like 120 is my max now. Edited November 27, 20178 yr by fredob43
November 28, 20178 yr Author 9 hours ago, fredob43 said: The set I had put on from R/S would stop the old Spivo loaded without any problem from 200kph, and without any fade. Please note that I didn't do those sorts of speeds regularly only once or twice to test. The new Spivo also work well not that I have been anywhere near the 200 mark. What with the new cameras about more like 120 is my max now. I hope more and more Thais will upgrade their brakes, and test them a few times at 200. By the way, there are very few highways where the limit is 120, most roads are 90.
Create an account or sign in to comment