Prayuth Gives ISOC Power Over Public Prosecutors

snoop1130

Prayuth Gives ISOC Power Over Public Prosecutors

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

201611261913335-20130218125121-1024x768-696x522.jpg

ISOC officers and members of other military branches attend a counter-insurgency briefing on Nov. 26, 2016, in Yala province.

BANGKOK — Junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha’s use of absolute power to expand the mandate of a military unit that answers only to him has alarmed human rights watchers.

Critics expressed concern Monday about a more powerful and independent ISOC, as the Internal Security Operations Command is known, after Gen. Prayuth unilaterally granted its commanders wider authority to direct other state agencies at the regional and provincial level.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/11/27/prayuth-gives-isoc-power-public-prosecutors/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-11-27

Looks like the glorious leader is making absolutely certain there can never be a return to any semblance of democracy

He has absolutely guaranteed that the interests of the hi-so are paramount no matter what the serfs vote on, problem is with things like this there is only one way to get back power and that entails blood and bullets, I have a feeling that when the peasants wake up there is going to be a reckoning that will destroy the country....

47 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Looks like the glorious leader is making absolutely certain there can never be a return to any semblance of democracy

He has absolutely guaranteed that the interests of the hi-so are paramount no matter what the serfs vote on, problem is with things like this there is only one way to get back power and that entails blood and bullets, I have a feeling that when the peasants wake up there is going to be a reckoning that will destroy the country....

Yep, agreed. 

13 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

And the higher the high, the longer the fall. If and when it comes. Hope I'm here to see it in all it's glory.

Do you fancy yourself to be a Murmillo or Retiarius?

Or a Christian among the savage beasts?

I think I would prefer to watch from the stands, not from the blood soaked arena floor.

Edited by Enoon

53 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Do you fancy yourself to be a Murmillo or Retiarius?

Or a Christian among the savage beasts?

I think I would prefer to watch from the stands, not from the blood soaked arena floor.

Neither really, in some ways I gravitate towards the puppeteer. I also would like to watch from the stands.

Well most Thais are fine with the military running things.  I guess I am too.  Just wish the military would make moves towards bettering the education of Thai people and reducing corruption.  If they made any kind of gesture towards enabling free thought that would be great.  Unfortunately that idea is antithetical to military rule.

1 hour ago, tominbkk said:

Well most Thais are fine with the military running things.  I guess I am too.  Just wish the military would make moves towards bettering the education of Thai people and reducing corruption.  If they made any kind of gesture towards enabling free thought that would be great.  Unfortunately that idea is antithetical to military rule.

If they do that, the long-standing policy of 'keep 'em poor, keep 'em stupid' will be no more and the landed barons in BKK will have to pay sensible wages for the upcountry folk seeking employment. Can't have that. no no no.

So they won't do that for as long as their little bottoms point downwards.

So nothing will change. Make no mistake this coup was all about maintaining the status quo and existing privilege for the few, not improving the lot of Thai people.

9 hours ago, mark131v said:

I am very sure that nationalist fervour and xenophobia directed towards "the others" can be ratcheted up a few more notches as a means of distraction, before that happens.

That is a stock standard historical response in these situations.

Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity

42 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I am very sure that nationalist fervour and xenophobia directed towards "the others" can be ratcheted up a few more notches as a means of distraction, before that happens.

That is a stock standard historical response in these situations.

Be careful what you wish for.

Ain't wishing for anything but the only way this can end  is messy, the little general and his minions have ensured this by their actions.....

We have a country ruled by retards who have been told they are superior to their countrymen from birth, no education or scruples needed they just believe they have  a god given right to be at the head of the trough....

3 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Ain't wishing for anything but the only way this can end  is messy, the little general and his minions have ensured this by their actions.....

We have a country ruled by retards who have been told they are superior to their countrymen from birth, no education or scruples needed they just believe they have  a god given right to be at the head of the trough....

Agreed.

What we have witnessed tho' is ongoing attempts to demonize opposition politicians (the internal enemy) so there is no reason to suppose that external enemies may not be targeted in the not too distant future, as well.

You know...the one's that do not seem to show the proper respect for triumphalist Thai culture.

" To protect people in south Thailand from insurgency-related violence, ISOC produced Jatukham Rammathep amulets for distribution to the Buddhist minority. The renowned animist amulets were believed to have magical powers to protect their wearers from violence and large sums are paid for them. The plan was developed by Colonel Manas Khongpan, deputy director of ISOC in Yala Province "

Says it all !

" To protect people in south Thailand from insurgency-related violence, ISOC produced Jatukham Rammathep amulets for distribution to the Buddhist minority. The renowned animist amulets were believed to have magical powers to protect their wearers from violence and large sums are paid for them. The plan was developed by Colonel Manas Khongpan, deputy director of ISOC in Yala Province "

Says it all !

I wonder if the amulets will also protect you from the chap standing on your right, with his loaded rifle pointing at your feet, and his finger hovering over the trigger?

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen. Prayuth unilaterally granted its commanders wider authority to direct other state agencies

can anyone seriously contend the army's intent to maintain and extend their influence here ? right in the same direction as myanmar was mired in all those years

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Critics expressed concern Monday about a more powerful and independent ISOC

They answer to one man who answers to nobody.  That is very alarming

11 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Well most Thais are fine with the military running things.  I guess I am too. 

Most Thais just put with junta.  They feel like you do if they any intelligence at all. 

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

The plan was developed by Colonel Manas Khongpan, deputy director of ISOC in Yala Province "

I don't know how now convicted three-star General Manas and former staff member to Prayut found the time then to developing this plan while being involved as a "kingpin" (sic) in the trafficking of Rohingya migrants from Myanmar and Bangladesh. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32970764

But money making schemes seem to have priority in the Army.

Oh can we see there CV. Have they ever completed any real missions or just BKK coups against there own lol. 

No one cares about you and your load or organizations. Laughable they wouldn't even know what they were there for.

Edited by Media1
Spell