Did I make a mistake? Should she get a job?

SoulWater

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, BV70 said:

IMO it's love that exists when the lust has worn off and binds a couple together.  If it doesn't, then you're with the wrong partner

What is "love", to quote Charles. No one knows what one person means by it as it has many meanings.

I don't believe in "love" in the way I think you mean it, but I do believe in friendship. Once lust left my marriage I would have been happy enough with friendship, but she apparently lied about that, too. I WAS with the wrong partner, but no longer.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is "love", to quote Charles. No one knows what one person means by it as it has many meanings.

I don't believe in "love" in the way I think you mean it, but I do believe in friendship. Once lust left my marriage I would have been happy enough with friendship, but she apparently lied about that, too. I WAS with the wrong partner, but no longer.

If you both live long enough, they all become the wrong partner.

For the lucky few, one of you will die before that happens.

Back to the OP,

One of you having a job, will extend the time it takes to reach that 'wrong' stage, being together 24/7 is wearing.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is "love" <snip>

With apologies to Dorothy Fields et al from 1935 (where's Trans?)

I'm in the mood for love
Simply because I pay you
Sure thing that when I pay you
I'm in the mood for love

Baht signs are in your eyes
Bright as the stars were under 
Still is it any wonder
I'm in the mood for love

Why stop to think of whether
This little dream might fade
Funds may stop altogether
But for tonight I'm not afraid

If there's a cloud above
And if it should rain we'll let it
But for tonight forget it
I've bought the mood for love

Back to the OP,
One of you having a job, will extend the time it takes to reach that 'wrong' stage, being together 24/7 is wearing.

Completely agree with this and it is not unusual in any country for one partner to be the breadwinner and take care of the family generally it is the man that does that but doesnt always have to be that way - I know couples where that is reversed unless both partners have to work to make ends meet but this can make for an unhappy family life

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Back to the OP,

Depends on what you want from your partner. If you are in constant need of sex with a 30 year old it stands to reason she will pass her sell by date and become a "wrong partner" over time. For many others (not the few) the love, friendship and companionship continues even if the sex wears off. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Depends on what you want from your partner. If you are in constant need of sex with a 30 year old it stands to reason she will pass her sell by date and become a "wrong partner" over time. For many others (not the few) the love, friendship and companionship continues even if the sex wears off. 

I'm 60+ and fairly confident I'll be dead (or disinterested) before she passes her sell by date.

I've put her through high school, and she's just finished her second year at university!

18 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

<snip>

Depends on what you want from your partner. If you are in constant need of sex with a 30 year old it stands to reason she will pass her sell by date and become a "wrong partner" over time. <snip2>

... and if you are not married, you can buy her off and find another 25-year old.

I'm in hilton bali at the moment.

Oh, how refreshing is it to see a hotel not infested with worn out Thai "girlfriends", especially around executive lounge where old punters with their Hilton diamond status treat their dates to evening cocktails (read a cheap dinner).

Quite a difference from that ho-house on "hi-so" sukhumvit 24.

56 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Oh, how refreshing is it to see a hotel not infested with worn out Thai "girlfriends", especially around executive lounge where old punters with their Hilton diamond status treat their dates to evening cocktails (read a cheap dinner).

How about the old western ladies and their beach boys?

Spotted any of them yet? (or are you one of them?)

59 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

So let me get this right? I can go to the Hilton with my Thai wife or any other great hotel within the world (like when I have taken my wife to Boracay, Indonesia, Australia and said other similar establishments) and she is suddenly a 'worn out girlfriend'.

I will just wonder what others think back in the same light because for most, do not think that way.

2 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

So let me get this right? I can go to the Hilton with my Thai wife or any other great hotel within the world (like when I have taken my wife to Boracay, Indonesia, Australia and said other similar establishments) and she is suddenly a 'worn out girlfriend'.

I will just wonder what others think back in the same light because for most, do not think that way.

This has nothing to do with you. It's just something that I noticed to be a sad fact in most Bangkok hotels.

In any case I find Balinese women very nice looking. How's the rest of Indonesia?

9 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

This has nothing to do with you. It's just something that I noticed to be a sad fact in most Bangkok hotels.

In any case I find Balinese women very nice looking. How's the rest of Indonesia?

Okay, understood.

When I was young, I did a lot of surfing there (around 1985).  We spent most or time at the Padma Hotel in Legian (3 days) on a layover and had a great time. It certainly has changed since the 80's is all I can say. I prefer Boracay in the Philippines but once again, compared to the 90's, it is overdeveloped now and just killed the place.

Have a great time. I am told the Hilton is very, very good.

6 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Okay, understood.

When I was young, I did a lot of surfing there (around 1985).  We spent most or time at the Padma Hotel in Legian (3 days) on a layover and had a great time. It certainly has changed since the 80's is all I can say. I prefer Boracay in the Philippines but once again, compared to the 90's, it is overdeveloped now and just killed the place.

Have a great time. I am told the Hilton is very, very good.

It is indeed nice. Very big, old hotel (I'd like to know the history of the building), but once you get past the hallways and somewhat old looking rooms it is a pleasure to discover its many charms. Swimming pool and a beach view room is great....all for less than $120 Inc tax.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived