Where to buy good pizzas in Pattaya?

JohnJay

5 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

It was in Bangkok, I couldn't tell you where exactly. It would have been pretty obvious we were eating in and not taking away. I had to order everything at the counter.

I admit that I ate at pizza company in Pattaya last year and it was pretty good. It was just a very weird experience.

Brave of you to admit that you've eaten at Pizza Company anywhere, anytime.

Any other embarrassing things you'd like to confess? 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well as lower price is clearly a priority for you, you might try PIZZA PIZZA at the Avenue Mall, 2nd road. They offer a promotion price now for a long time of only 79 baht for an entire small Margherita pizza. Eat in only. Normal price is 240. It's good but not great. 

I have had this pizza many times and always enjoyed it...Very thin crust and not much cheese but overall it's good....it's hard to beat a fresh hot pizza for 79 baht and it is a decent size...The water and drinks are expensive but not required to get...I leave a 21 baht tip so for 100 baht total, I can enjoy a fresh pizza in the air cond.  with a nice view of the people walking by.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hobobo said:

Maybe you want your GF to move from Light Flyweight to Welterweight?

Funny. Point being, there is no way 2 mediums from The Hut is enough for 3-4 people. The pies are small and "Small" would be more honest and accurate advertising. Still, good pizza and fair price.

3 hours ago, JohnJay said:

I ate at the pizza company last week. The pizza had no tomato sauce, just cheese and toppings. Very odd. I also ate inside their restaurant, however all our food was served out of cardboard pizza boxes! We took plates ourselves which, most of the plates were dripping wet from the dishwasher and some were dirty. I've vowed never to go back.

It's been years, but the first and last time i ever had Pizza Co pizza...would have rather eaten the cardboard box. Awful stuff it was...:bah:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, michael walker said:

Don't try  PIZZA ART , ( JOMTIEN) unless you don't mind  being beaten up by Thai waiter if you complain about the pizza ,

see  face book today  for full details  

Defamation of Thai National: 5 years prison time for you :-)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

It seems that you do not mean good but cheap pizza.

A good pizza with imported ingredients cannot cost less than 300 thb.

Not sure what you've been eating but there are plenty of good quality pizzas for under 300 baht. The ones from Turkish pizza have hand made dough, hand made sauce for 100 baht. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JohnJay said:

It was in Bangkok, I couldn't tell you where exactly. It would have been pretty obvious we were eating in and not taking away. I had to order everything at the counter.

I admit that I ate at pizza company in Pattaya last year and it was pretty good. It was just a very weird experience.

You were definitely at one of their smalll take out places as in  regular restaurant you simply are seated at a table and the waitress will take your order. If you go to the counter even in the regular restaurants that is to order take away which they will have you pay for in advance then sit at bench or sometimes table to wait for your order.  Did you pay for your order in advance?

Brave of you to admit that you've eaten at Pizza Company anywhere, anytime.
Any other embarrassing things you'd like to confess? 

Actually I’m finding their crust almost perfect when delivered from their store on Thanon Chaiyaphruek in Jomtien. Although I’m partial to their thin crust (almost crispy like a cracker) lately I’ve gone sacrilegious with their new cheesy lava crust.

Yes I know creamy cheddar in a pizza but it must be my craving for cheese that actually makes it quite tasty and delicious. 100 baht more on a medium is more than worth it imho.

No issues with lack of sauce or toppings although I’ll forego the pork sausage as it looks and tastes like sliced hotdogs.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You were definitely at one of their smalll take out places as in  regular restaurant you simply are seated at a table and the waitress will take your order. If you go to the counter even in the regular restaurants that is to order take away which they will have you pay for in advance then sit at bench or sometimes table to wait for your order.  Did you pay for your order in advance?

I didn't pay in advance. I asked if I should sit down and they told me to order at the counter. It may have been a small takeaway place, but it had a sizable restaurant attached. However they want to justify it, food shouldn't be served out of cardboard when you're sat down in their restaurant, just ridiculous. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, Henryford said:

Are Pizza Hut pizzas "wildy overpriced"? I admit to liking them and usually buy the promotion 2 medium deep pan pizzas for 298 baht.  Enough for 3-4 people, hardly overpriced.

I enjoy the personal pan pizza, some fries and a pepsi while reading the Bangkok post and looking out the window across from Big C.  Being 9,000 miles from home and 1/2 around the world, I think it is cool.

16 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I enjoy the personal pan pizza, some fries and a pepsi while reading the Bangkok post and looking out the window across from Big C.  Being 9,000 miles from home and 1/2 around the world, I think it is cool.

Me too, then I take my insulin injection. Totally worth it.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 9:38 AM, yengec said:

I can guarantee that Pizza Big in Naklua is the best far away

And I can guarantee you that their not ! Actually one of the worst pizzas I tried so promised myself never again . 

You need to go to a real pizzeria with Italian owner , they know what real pizza tastes like. In Naklua the best pizzeria is Grottino Pizzeria in Naklua soi 33. Also their pasta dishes is to die for . 

Just read the reviews on trip advisor . 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d8862731-Reviews-GROTTINO_Osteria_Pizzeria-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by balo

Customer reviews of Pizza Big

"I found this restaurant along the Naklua road. Usually I love the pizza,but I was disappointed about this pizza from the first bite. Too much salt and it was not cooked properly (the bottom pizza was white and little bit wet). The taste was like a chewingum." 

"Very uninteresting pizza and pasta. You get fed, however it will not be something any if us will remember. We had some of the pizza and pasta, different dishes for sharing."

"I ordered an Americana pizza the cheese was horrible and hardly any toppings. And one CARBONARA E SPINACI - CARBONARA & SPINACH ฿270.00 it tasted of nothing hardly any bacon and the spinach if you can it that was sparse"

Customer reviews of Grottino Pizzeria : 

"The pizza was definitely the best I've had in Pattaya in my 9 years here. They also have some interesting topping combinations I hadn't seen elsewhere. The real difference is the true wood fired oven, whereas others don't necessarily use wood."

"Went there for the first time. 
The pasta and the pizza was absolutely great. Sure one of the best Italian restaurants in Pattaya...or maybe the best. 
The Italian owner prepare pizza and go often in the kitchen. 
Nice place to stay outside (even on a small naklua road) or inside. 
Reasonable prices and friendly staff. 
Absolutely recommend for Italian food."

"They have great pizza. I like very much, the manager he very nice. Nice bottle of wine and I recommend pizza baby."

I also want to note that Grottino is just a short walk from Pizza Big , walk down to soi 33 , the soi next to Best Supermarket. Or from Dolphin roundabout , just 200 meters. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Customer reviews of Pizza Big

"I found this restaurant along the Naklua road. Usually I love the pizza,but I was disappointed about this pizza from the first bite. Too much salt and it was not cooked properly (the bottom pizza was white and little bit wet). The taste was like a chewingum." 

"Very uninteresting pizza and pasta. You get fed, however it will not be something any if us will remember. We had some of the pizza and pasta, different dishes for sharing."

"I ordered an Americana pizza the cheese was horrible and hardly any toppings. And one CARBONARA E SPINACI - CARBONARA & SPINACH ฿270.00 it tasted of nothing hardly any bacon and the spinach if you can it that was sparse"

Customer reviews of Grottino Pizzeria : 

"The pizza was definitely the best I've had in Pattaya in my 9 years here. They also have some interesting topping combinations I hadn't seen elsewhere. The real difference is the true wood fired oven, whereas others don't necessarily use wood."

"Went there for the first time. 
The pasta and the pizza was absolutely great. Sure one of the best Italian restaurants in Pattaya...or maybe the best. 
The Italian owner prepare pizza and go often in the kitchen. 
Nice place to stay outside (even on a small naklua road) or inside. 
Reasonable prices and friendly staff. 
Absolutely recommend for Italian food."

"They have great pizza. I like very much, the manager he very nice. Nice bottle of wine and I recommend pizza baby."

I also want to note that Grottino is just a short walk from Pizza Big , walk down to soi 33 , the soi next to Best Supermarket. Or from Dolphin roundabout , just 200 meters. 

Of course it is a matter of personal taste, but straight opposite Grottinos is Little Bella Italia. There is little to choose between the two. A larger Bella Italia is on 2nd Road near the end of Beach Road Soi 6.

Pizza Big has higher prices and is not as good quality in my opinion. It is popular with Italians, perhaps because they show Italian football on Sunday nights.

• Like 2

I never understood why people liked Pizza Big so much. 

The last time I went there, and it was the last, the pizza came with most of the bottom of the crust blackened. I complained and the staff just laughed at me.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The last time I went there, and it was the last, the pizza came with most of the bottom of the crust blackened. I complained and the staff just laughed at me.

Indeed I am certainly baffled about this too - from my one and only ... 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

May be a lingering reputation from many years ago when it was pretty good. Thereafter it went downhill (changed cooks/owners whatever), sad to say. Got skimpy on the topping, too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

May be a lingering reputation from many years ago when it was pretty good. Thereafter it went downhill (changed cooks/owners whatever), sad to say. Got skimpy on the topping, too. 

That's what I think too.

Many years ago there weren't nearly the pizza options we have now.

Back then Pizza Big was probably top tier (when they didn't burn it). 

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Pizza, as with Chinese  food, was defined outside their respective countries.

A pizza bought in Italy is nothing like  what it looks like in any other country.

So the claim a pizza place is run by an Italian person  rings hollow.

I'm not so sure. I have limited experience with pizza in Italy but I have some. I have definitely had pizzas outside of Italy, including in Pattaya, that are very much the same. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not so sure. I have limited experience with pizza in Italy but I have some. I have definitely had pizzas outside of Italy, including in Pattaya, that are very much the same. 

I admit  my Italian  Pizza experience is limited to Venice.

So do you think there is a direct correlation between Italian Pizza and that called pizza in the rest of the world? 

Maybe Chinese food  is a foregone  conclusion?

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I admit  my Italian  Pizza experience is limited to Venice.

So do you think there is a direct correlation between Italian Pizza and that called pizza in the rest of the world? 

Maybe Chinese food  is a foregone  conclusion?

You misunderstood me. There are different styles of pizza in Italy. Some pizza places internationally try hard and sometimes succeed in well replicating those styles, often using imported ingredients, in my opinion. Other than that there are many many global regional styles of pizza that can also be wonderful eating, that aren't trying to be authentic Italian style pizzas. For example, the famous Chicago style pizza places quite openly aren't trying to be an Italian pizza. They do something very different and they do what they do do very well. That said, the root origin of their style I think is Sicilian style pizzas, but they aren't Sicilian, they're CHICAGO. 

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You misunderstood me. There are different styles of pizza in Italy. Some pizza places internationally try hard and sometimes succeed in well replicating those styles, often using imported ingredients, in my opinion. Other than that there are many many global regional styles of pizza that can also be wonderful eating, that aren't trying to be authentic Italian style pizzas. For example, the famous Chicago style pizza places quite openly aren't trying to be an Italian pizza. They do something very different and they do what they do do very well. That said, the root origin of their style I think is Sicilian style pizzas, but they aren't Sicilian, they're CHICAGO. 

Stop making stuff up...the wiki entry on Chicago pizza makes no mention of Sicily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_pizza

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, torrzent said:

Stop making stuff up...the wiki entry on Chicago pizza makes no mention of Sicily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_pizza

I stand corrected. You got me. You win a prize. Perhaps a wet kiss. I guess I heard that a while back because of the very thick crust. But Chicago deep dish has a thick crust (and very different than any actual Italian crust) only around the edges. Not the same as Sicilian at all. Chicago pizza inventions also include the Chicago deep dish STUFFED pizza which is different than a standard Chicago deep dish pizza.

Now for some humor --

“Let me explain something, deep-dish pizza is not only not better than New York pizza. It’s not pizza,” Stewart explained. “It’s a f***ing casserole!”

Stewart went on to liken Chicago-style pizza to “tomato soup in a bread bowl,” “an above-ground marinara swimming pool for rats” and, most damningly, “sex with a corpse made of sandpaper.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/jon-stewart-chicago-pizza_n_4274253.html