webfact

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

In the Nation now:

"PM apologises for outburst at fisherman"

Forced into another apology by his handlers. This guy is a disgrace.

The words "Not fit to be in charge of people, not even fit to live near people" spring to mind.

"Thank You!"

55 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

In the Nation now:

The words "Not fit to be in charge of people, not even fit to live near people" spring to mind.

He apologies. This must hurt his loyal supporters here who faithfully back his outburst. Ouch!!!

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He apologies. This must hurt his loyal supporters here who faithfully back his outburst. Ouch!!!

I doubt it. Where there's no sense, there's no feeling. They didn't get to be loyal Prayuth supporters in the first place because they're towering intellects.

Edited by Sid Celery

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying that respect is earned. You can't talk down to people, throw half eaten bananas at them etc. for 3.5 years and expect them to respect you. 

The fisherman is entitled to have his say whether or not we agree with his opinion. If Mr P wants respect as a (self imposed) leader, he should adjust the way he addresses the Thai people, they are not his soldiers and they did not sign up to his military.

Maybe you think the poor little serf should have got down on his knees and put his hand up, waiting for permission to address the great leader?

I think he should have waited for the other party to finish speaking. That is how its done in civilized conversation. Then he can have his say. I guess you never heard of basic etiquette.

If you dont follow it there will be chaos, i guess you interrupt people not letting them finish their sentence and think its normal.

That is what is what happened you cam fault the PM for many things but he was in the right here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

In the Nation now:

+ !. Not only a disgrace. It's the biggest joke since Adam and Eve.

9 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

" Do you understand? I am listening to you, you can speak as normal, thank you.”

Sounds reasonable to me ?

If you selectively quote what he said, I suppose it does sound reasonable to you.

You missed the bit where he said: "Be patient, do not raise your voice at me. Do you understand?"

That bit was less reasonable. In my opinion. Which I'm guessing is why you left it out.

Edited by Sid Celery

13 hours ago, robblok said:

I think he should have waited for the other party to finish speaking. That is how its done in civilized conversation. Then he can have his say. I guess you never heard of basic etiquette.

If you dont follow it there will be chaos, i guess you interrupt people not letting them finish their sentence and think its normal.

That is what is what happened you cam fault the PM for many things but he was in the right here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And yet his team have apologized, so even they admit he was wrong to do it - credit to them, even they have more backbone than some of the spineless sycophants on here.

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Great and wise words, impossible for P to understand.

Even high school students are aware that he's a fool, a liar, and a cheater. P's the worst that can happen to any country and it's very sad that he's thinking he's smart.

Nobody, neither Thais nor foreigners want to see his weird TV preaching buffalo dung. Stop, please and step back for the sake of this country. 

He said long ago that the only reason he was remaining in power, was to ensure a smooth transition. Well, those days are long past. So, why stay now, little man? You are demonstration on a daily basis, your extreme thirst for power, the increased accumulation of wealth, and fame. Nobody wants you there anymore. Take the hint. Your words mean nothing to anybody. And your proclamations, never get followed up upon. You could not be a less effective leader if you tried. Get lost.

Edited by spidermike007

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He said long ago that the only reason he was remaining in power, was to ensure a smooth transition. Well, those days are long past. So, why stay now, little man? You are demonstration on a daily basis, your extreme thirst for power, the increased accumulation of wealth, and fame. Nobody wants you there anymore. Take the hint. Your words mean nothing to anybody. And your proclamations, never get followed up upon. You could not be a less effective leader if you tried. Get lost.

He was lying about everything and his statement when he said that women in "little bikinis deserve to get raped" shows how dangerous this man really is. Only "international pressure" made him change his mind. But he never changed his thinking and became one of the world's most dangerous leaders, right after Kim from North Korea.

The educational system, Isaan farmers, fishermen, plus many others are suffering just because these guys don't understand what the problems in this country really are.

Nobody wants to have generals and admirals in all top positions. Step back, little-uneducated man. 

22 hours ago, GarryP said:

Actually I don't believe your comparison accurate. At press conferences he throws his rattle out of the playpen when asked questions he dislikes and does not want to answer. If he had the chance I am sure he would have all proposed questions vetted first. However, in this instance, my take on it is that he was interrupted impolitely while speaking.  Perhaps, he could have worded his rebuke better but hardly in the wrong. 

I never thought I would ever defend this a'hole . :crying:

I am pleased to announce that I am no longer defending the a'hole. I have since watched a few clips of what happened and conclude he was behaving like a little dicktator as usual. 

Phew, that was close!!!!!  

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us not forget his background. The little man was a general. My guess is that few raise their voices to an army general. So, he is simply not able to adjust to the transition to public life, and he would rather be a dictator type, than a man who wears his power lightly. These occasional outbursts are who he truly is. The rest of the time he is trying very hard to be nice. Or at least nicer than usual. He is a mean spirited, small minded, misguided fool, with very limited intelligence and imagination. And he is imperious. Lastly, he is moving his country backwards, at an astonishing and alarming pace. He is one of the worst things that has ever happened to this nation.

Agree with everything you say except the pat about Prayuth being a general. He is only a general in name. He likes to play at being a "soldier" but he's not really a soldier, just another corrupt part of the establishment that used his status as a senior military figure to amass enormous wealth.  And then go on to prosecute others for doing the same,

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Agree with everything you say except the pat about Prayuth being a general. He is only a general in name. He likes to play at being a "soldier" but he's not really a soldier, just another corrupt part of the establishment that used his status as a senior military figure to amass enormous wealth.  And then go on to prosecute others for doing the same,

Absolutely correct!

The sheer hypocrisy is staggering and every time he opens his mouth about just about anything he proves he is a dimwit and totally unfit to run anything more complicated than a noodle stall

I think it was Churchill who said 'better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt' or words to that effect, the glorious leader could learn from that but his arrogance and lack of common sense or a moral compass means he wont....

Really glad I am not Thai....

7 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Absolutely correct!

The sheer hypocrisy is staggering and every time he opens his mouth about just about anything he proves he is a dimwit and totally unfit to run anything more complicated than a noodle stall

I think it was Churchill who said 'better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt' or words to that effect, the glorious leader could learn from that but his arrogance and lack of common sense or a moral compass means he wont....

Please do not bring shame to the noodle shops, at least they know what they are doing !!:shock1:

12 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Absolutely correct!

Have to agree with jenny2017... you have just insulted noodle stall workers across the nation.  :)

50 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Please do not bring shame to the noodle shops, at least they know what they are doing !!:shock1:

You are correct, I would like to offer a sincere apology to all the noodle stall workers out there as you plainly are experts in your field and do a sterling service to the nation!

I am now stuck as to just who other than toad face and the other members of the ruling elite are indeed as inept as the current master of the trough....

9 minutes ago, mark131v said:

You are correct, I would like to offer a sincere apology to all the noodle stall workers out there as you plainly are experts in your field and do a sterling service to the nation!

I am now stuck as to just who other than toad face and the other members of the ruling elite are indeed as inept as the current master of the trough....

The Elite's finest. 

prayuth_2014_tpbs.jpg

8 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

The Elite's finest. 

prayuth_2014_tpbs.jpg

Yes, the very finest. And how's this for a demo of how his small mind works? The caption might be, "Oh, look at me, Mr US General . . . I've got my 'sincere respect' face on. Better be quick though, I can't hold it for long."

800px-thumbnail.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Yes, the very finest. And how's this for a demo of how his small mind works? The caption might be, "Oh, look at me, Mr US General . . . I've got my 'sincere respect' face on. Better be quick though, I can't hold it for long."

800px-thumbnail.jpg

IQ of 34.00234 and no idea about anything. Congratulations !

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

Absolutely correct!

I do hear what you are saying. They must be feeling the same level of shame, frustration, embarrassment, and scorn, as I am feeling at this moment, being an American, with a Barnum and Bailey circus huckster in the very white house. I consider them to be very similar. Every time each one of them opens their mouth, they demonstrate that they have not studied the issues, have limited intelligence, no ability to analyze the issues effectively, and no ability to lead, or provide any moral leadership for their nations. One could argue that both nations got what they deserved. In the case of the US, it was gorging on reality TV for two decades, that brought this on. And a horrific candidate that he was opposing. 

On 11/28/2017 at 6:06 AM, jaywalker said:

Sounds like an idiot fisherman that does not/will not accept the fact that fish stocks need some time off from fishing to replenish.

Nah, he just wants to rape the ocean as hard and fast as he can go (probably tossing EVERY BIT of garbage he has into it at the same time).

So these local (small operation)Thai fishermen with their puny little nets and the huge capacity of their boats are going to decimate many species of fish in the Gulf of Thailand and outside? Not likely. But just to make sure please have our fisheries department (if there is one) show us the studies of this decimation! I'm sure they have a fisheries department with all the best information from their fish habitat studies etc.

I do admit unfortunately that Thai fisherman most likely through all their garbage into the sea, the same way that many Thais treat their garbage!

1 minute ago, 300sd said:

So these local (small operation)Thai fishermen with their puny little nets and the huge capacity of their boats are going to decimate many species of fish in the Gulf of Thailand and outside? Not likely. But just to make sure please have our fisheries department (if there is one) show us the studies of this decimation! I'm sure they have a fisheries department with all the best information from their fish habitat studies etc.

I do admit unfortunately that Thai fisherman most likely through all their garbage into the sea, the same way that many Thais treat their garbage!

I'm guessing you missed all the hoopla about how the EU stopped importing Thai fish a while back due to a variety of reasons, over-fishing being one of them?

50 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I'm guessing you missed all the hoopla about how the EU stopped importing Thai fish a while back due to a variety of reasons, over-fishing being one of them?

Thank you for your reply. No I have not listened to that EU information you speak of. Not sure I would agree with a lot that is coming out of Brussels. And I may certainly be off base here but from my own experience I do know that many people lost fishing carreers, in my country, because of a gov't that did not understand or care to understand what was going on. Fishermen were blamed for decimating a species, by know it all's in the gov't. When I did studies on this later, I found that it had nothing to do with over fishing, it had to do with logging and logging companies ruining river habitats. I found that fish escapement levels went down where logging was in progress. The logging ruined a fishing industry.

Although I do not know where these fish are born or how they travel day and night, there may be another reason for their lower numbers.