Noisy bike gate: Video footage shows attack on Swiss man in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You both come across as really unbalanced individuals with anger issues...  its perhaps best if both of you steer clear of the rest of human race... but I guess your point is the rest of the human race should steer clear of you both huh >?

... 'If you don't turn off your bike I break your key'....  'if you touch my bike I break your face'...

Really ???... exactly how old are you two keyboard lovebirds ?

I'm old enough to have some pride. I will not be dictated to by some sad farangs who think they are the Great White Saviour in Asia.

As I said touch my bike and I'll break your face. 

Don't touch my property and there is no problem.  I have no anger issues and I don't have any coward issues either.  Live and let live I say.  Keep your nose out of my business and I'll do the same for you. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No, regardless of what may have been said, if anything was said at all....  mauGR1 is correct, defending such a violent reaction does in fact say a lot about you....  

.....It suggests you find a violent response to unfavorable but non-violent interaction acceptable.

The Swiss guy got a bit of a slap and deservedly so. Hardly a violent response in the real world.  Hopefully he has learnt his lesson.

28 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Illegally parked bikes with running stinking noisy engines yes very big fines. What is the purpose according to u for having their engine run? U aware bikes have no aircons?

I guess the engine may have been running for a number of reasons. Perhaps he was waiting for someone who was in the shop. 

Either way the real issue is an arrogant farangs got a slap for being stupid,  and rightly so.  All this eco- warrior nonsense being posted is just a smokescreen by posters who think white man can do no bad. 

The Swiss guy should have minded his own business in the first place, it seemed he was sitting close to the bike and it was obviously bothering him. From the video he didn't say much to the Thai guy, conversation lasted perhaps lasted 3 seconds. Having said that the Thai guy committed an obvious assault by anyone standards and should be jail and would be in any civilized country,

12 hours ago, andersonat said:

A year ago, a house was being built diagonally opposite to my house. A truck belonging to a member of the construction-team was parked in front of my house and the engine was kept running for 30 minutes.

- I suffer from asthma.

I was walking towards the empty truck [to turn off it's engine] when someone (the Driver ?) appeared out of the building site, saw my approach  ...  and he returned to the truck and turned off the engine.

Q: What do you think that I *should* have done ?  --- Move further along ??

Stayed inside your house, maybe?

8 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I guess the engine may have been running for a number of reasons. Perhaps he was waiting for someone who was in the shop. 

Either way the real issue is an arrogant farangs got a slap for being stupid,  and rightly so.  All this eco- warrior nonsense being posted is just a smokescreen by posters who think white man can do no bad. 

I very neutral i just observe wonder why the local  not turned of his engine and why he attacked the tourist with even a weapon. Hope he rots in jail!

Maybe  he was unable to  (kick)start  his  motosai  normally so he started to kick the stupid guy instead , and the fight escalated because the swiss guy is a total newcomer unaware of the thai etiquette.

And given all the traffic on the nearby road, was it really necessary anyway ?..

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Behind the Swiss guy the motorcycle was on the pavement, left running with no consideration at all of anyone around him.... Thats quite different from motors idling in traffic...

From a pollution point of view, which is what you were talking about, it is no different.

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No, regardless of what may have been said, if anything was said at all....  mauGR1 is correct, defending such a violent reaction does in fact say a lot about you....  

.....It suggests you find a violent response to unfavorable but non-violent interaction acceptable

I wasn't defending the Swiss, I was making an comment on what may have happened.  Your deliberately misinterpreting that says a lot about you!

47 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I agree that the Swiss did the wrong thing, but the Thai escalated a fight.

To call it an overreaction is an understatement.

And it seems that he came back with a wooden stick to finish the job.. Appalling..

Didn't see that in the CCTV, did you?

Just now, Just Weird said:

Didn't see that in the CCTV, did you?

No, there's not any footage of that afaik, but the picture in the news shows the Swiss with a bloody head and shirt, i take his word that he was hit with a wooden stick.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No, there's not any footage of that afaik, but the picture in the news shows the Swiss with a bloody head and shirt, i take his word that he was hit with a wooden stick.

Why would you take his word for anything...because he's not Thai, perhaps? 

The Swiss has already proved that he's a liar by initially telling police that the bike was running, unattended, outside the shop when it has been proved that that was not the case.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Why would you take his word for anything...because he's not Thai, perhaps? 

The Swiss has already proved that he's a liar by initially telling police that the bike was running, unattended, outside the shop when it has been proved that that was not the case.

So , are you saying that the Swiss guy fell from the stairs, then went to the Police with his bloody head, accusing the Thai of hitting him with a wooden stick ?

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

So , are you saying that the Swiss guy fell from the stairs, then went to the Police with his bloody head, accusing the Thai of hitting him with a wooden stick ?

No, don't so ridiculous.  I'm saying that so far there is no CCTV evidence of the alleged second attack, whereas the first incident was all recorded, why would that be?  I'm also saying that the Swiss is a proven liar.

When evidence of the alleged second attack emerges, I'll change my tune, until then I'll stick with my opinion.

By the way, do you know how profusely even small head injuries can bleed?  It's entirely possible that the bleeding could have come from the first punch if the skin was broken by it.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, don't so ridiculous.  I'm saying that so far there is no CCTV evidence of the alleged second attack, whereas the first incident was all recorded, why would that be?  I'm also saying that the Swiss is a proven liar.

When evidence of the alleged second attack emerges, I'll change my tune, until then I'll stick with my opinion.

By the way, do you know how profusely even small head injuries can bleed?  It's entirely possible that the bleeding could have come from the first punch if the skin was broken by it.

Well, the attack could have occurred just few meters away from the camera.

Have you seen the picture of the Swiss in the news ? It seems unlikely to me that that punch was provoking such a bleeding,  and it seems unlikely that the Swiss is telling lies.

And no, the Swiss is not a proven liar, i wonder how did you come to that conclusion.

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, the attack could have occurred just few meters away from the camera.

Have you seen the picture of the Swiss in the news ? It seems unlikely to me that that punch was provoking such a bleeding,  and it seems unlikely that the Swiss is telling lies.

And no, the Swiss is not a proven liar, i wonder how did you come to that conclusion.

Well, nowhere has it been reported that the attack took place anywhere else, has it?  If it did, don't you think that the Swiss would have said so?

Head wounds can bleed profusely, even from one punch so the bleeding was not unlikely. 

The Swiss being a liar is not speculation, he stated to the police that he switched off the bike after it was left running unattended outside the shop.  That was a lie.  That's how I came to that conclusion.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Well, nowhere has it been reported that the attack took place anywhere else, has it?  If it did, don't you think that the Swiss would have said so?

Head wounds can bleed profusely, even from one punch so the bleeding was not unlikely. 

The Swiss being a liar is not speculation, he stated to the police that he switched off the bike after it was left running unattended outside the shop.  That was a lie.  That's how I came to that conclusion.

Ok, so, if it's not on cctv, for you it did not happen.

Again, unlikely.

We could argue about the meaning of " unattended bike " but i guess it's simply a slight translation blunder.

I have been looking at the video of this several times and I can see several other people sitting around plus another motorbike parked on the footpath next to the man sitting on the chair. If I was worried about noise and pollution I would definitely not sit where the Swiss guy wants to sit, just look at the amount of noisy, smelly motorbikes driving around that corner. I am not sure what that is on the wall next to the bike rider, it could be an ATM machine and he has been disturbed by either a phone call or a message which could be why he had not stopped the engine. I know everyone on here are perfect and never been interrupted by a phone call or message on their phone and been slow to do something.

The Thai guy has hit the Swiss guy on the right hand side of the head but in the other news it shows blood from the left hand side of his head. I don't know if the Swiss guy has hit the left side of his head when he fell from the seat. If the Thai guy had gone and gotten a stick and returned as was claimed in the previous story, then that would also show on this CCTV. This looks like an ATM CCTV which is recording 24 hours a day. It is quite simple the Swiss guy is in Thailand and he should not have touched the bike.

3 minutes ago, sklmeeera said:

Not much wonder you got out of there then . It must be a  real shithole if someone would kill you for turning off a motorbike engine . Let me guess ....America ? 

Not really disagreeing with you, but you quoted the wrong poster.

Archived