PM Prayut comes face to face with volatile discontent in South

webfact

"An angry Prayut replied: “Don’t argue with me. Don’t raise your voice against me. Do you understand that? I’m listening to you. You can just tell me nicely. You can’t pressurise me.”  

Touchy touchy because he is a General (NOT a politican) and therefore cannot be criticised! :post-4641-1156693976:  Still has one foot in cloud cuckoo land.

Maybe if someone was to "pressurise me" (his words) he may become bloated and float away? :coffee1: [emoji2]

Didn't work with the last blimp they had...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I really don't think you could hold a candle to him Sid,  so I wouldn't continue to bash the government at every opportunity ....  it just shows immaturity ............  :coffee1:

I know that's what you think Steven. Not knowing him or I seems not to inhibit you professing a knowledge of both.

Still, keep trolling, practice makes perfect.

26 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I live in the Rural North but i dare not tell you what the locals think of him as it would get me locked up ! 

No surprise there and there inlays the problem.  The army cannot bear scrutiny, or debate effectively, where an elected government can or has to do so or get booted out.  And shame on anybody who wants the army back running the country. 

2 hours ago, rugbyjacks said:

Just grow coconut trees! Use your family savings to tide you over until they bear fruit in about 5 or 6 years!

Oh wait...

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

“Plant coconut trees instead......"

Hopefully his "let them eat cake" moment.

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

Plant coconut trees.

So no planning or reserch from their agriculture dept?

Just kneejerk response without substance.

Indeed. The bloke does not have a clue.

Yeah right, i'll just chop down my 20 y/o rubber trees that took 7 years to start producing, then i'll stick some coconut trees in unsuitable land and wait 6 years before I earn anything....

By which time, on his advice every other rubber plantation has gone to coconuts, and there is no money in coconuts due to an over supply......

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

Indeed. The bloke does not have a clue.

Yeah right, i'll just chop down my 20 y/o rubber trees that took 7 years to start producing, then i'll stick some coconut trees in unsuitable land and wait 6 years before I earn anything....

By which time, on his advice every other rubber plantation has gone to coconuts, and there is no money in coconuts due to an over supply......

Though your statements are correct, I was surprised that he said something so substantive.  As always he was vague on the hows and wheres, but he did point out a need that could be satisfied.   He is just three years too late and without any incentives. 

42 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I live in the Rural North but i dare not tell you what the locals think of him as it would get me locked up ! 

I live in the rural NE, and I do dare tell you what the locals think. They hate him with a passion. They hate him on a par with Suthep and that is really saying something.

37 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

Don't think I agree. Put like that it sounds as though Prayuth has an ecological conscience,; I don't believe he does.

What he's trying to do is avoid Europe from banning Thai imports. He is acting through fear and not altruism.

Possible, but the world requires leaders to act and make the right choices for the planet -  no matter if he is a demagogue or a coward...the main point is that he should do what is right to maintain amongst others, the required ecological balance, which is what he is aiming for.

One does not judge a man, but his actions.

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

bla ... bla .... bla .....   We love Thailand  :clap2:

Yeah, like it was when everything was working better than now. Quite long time ago actually. Not the wierd way things have turned out like you always seems to support. Maybe you´re just one of thoose people that ain´t much for democracy.

21 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Possible, but the world requires leaders to act and make the right choices for the planet -  no matter if he is a demagogue or a coward...the main point is that he should do what is right to maintain amongst others, the required ecological balance, which is what he is aiming for.

One does not judge a man, but his actions.

I shall have to think about that. It's appealing at one level but I can't help thinking it's a fig leaf in disguise because it pays no attention to motivations. I think that's dangerous because actions can be presented as one thing whereas in actuality they are something else - if one doesn't understand the motivation, especially with someone who has been shown to be deceitful and dishonest.

10 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

I shall have to think about that. It's appealing at one level but I can't help thinking it's a fig leaf in disguise because it pays no attention to motivations. I think that's dangerous because actions can be presented as one thing whereas in actuality they are something else - if one doesn't understand the motivation, especially with someone who has been shown to be deceitful and dishonest.

Sorry, but the turn is getting a bit sensitive and as I do not want to get busted by some computer act or similar, with your kind permission I will not comment further on the PM. Thank you however for debating with  honesty with a polite and courteous lexical and syntax....An unsignificant minority of posters here could learn a bit more about curtsey in debate despite disagreement.

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but the turn is getting a bit sensitive and as I do not want to get busted by some computer act or similar, with your kind permission I will not comment further on the PM. Thank you however for debating with  honesty with a polite and courteous lexical and syntax....An unsignificant minority of posters here could learn a bit more about curtsey in debate despite disagreement.

So you want more curtsey in the debates? :wink:

C030_girl2.jpg

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’m in the south, the local Facebookers are furious with him for the way he spoke down to the fisherman as well as the violence dished out by the RTP on the Thepa coal plant protesters..... it’s turned very sour in the space of 24 hours, and these people don’t forgive that easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've said it before and i'll say it again. It will only take something small and seemingly insignificant to snowball into something big, and bigger than this lot can handle without resorting to violence, which could then be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hopefully.

Re the Southerners angry with Mr P - oh the irony. The delicious irony of it all.

Southerners being bussed in by Suthep's lot to get rid of YL, happy to stop people from legally voting, happy to sit there in the parks for weeks on end to get Mr P to finally come in and take over.

Hey Southerners -

The grass aint always greener...

Careful what you wished for...

And, er, the obvious one - Som Nom Na....

3 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Why does this muppet keep giving the 'horned god' sign popularised by Ronnie James Dio and others.

He's obviously slavishly copying Thaksin, who also thought it was a sign saying Í'm cool'. At least Thaksin was popular enough that people didn't mock him for a piece of dumb theatre.

He's clearly on the campaign trail, while hypocritically preventing political parties from competing with him.

This guy must have the IQ of a potato.

How dare you insult potatoes like that? 

26 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Understood. Tip of the hat to you.

3 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Why does this muppet keep giving the 'horned god' sign popularised by Ronnie James Dio and others.

He's obviously slavishly copying Thaksin, who also thought it was a sign saying Í'm cool'. At least Thaksin was popular enough that people didn't mock him for a piece of dumb theatre.

He's clearly on the campaign trail, while hypocritically preventing political parties from competing with him.

This guy must have the IQ of a potato.

I doubt that Thaksin was ever very popular in the south, particularly  after all  those arrested people died in the cattle trucks.  Do try and post sensibly.  Apart from the Muslim separist's the south has always been a democrat stronghold. 

11 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. It will only take something small and seemingly insignificant to snowball into something big, and bigger than this lot can handle without resorting to violence, which could then be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hopefully.

Re the Southerners angry with Mr P - oh the irony. The delicious irony of it all.

Southerners being bussed in by Suthep's lot to get rid of YL, happy to stop people from legally voting, happy to sit there in the parks for weeks on end to get Mr P to finally come in and take over.

Hey Southerners -

The grass aint always greener...

Careful what you wished for...

And, er, the obvious one - Som Nom Na....

My sentiments exactly. Well said.

c8dc23a67fb8c59c7723f2c6e973fc2a.jpeg&ke

And here's my latest impression . . . can you guess what it is? Yes, it's a grouper fish, but be careful . . . even though I'm beautiful, I can bite. Now then, which impression would you like next? Here's my 'Harold Wilson' one . . . good eh?  (thinks: 'if only I could be half the man that little guy was . . . maybe I should start smoking a pipe.')

looking like harold wilson.jpg

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

I doubt that Thaksin was ever very popular in the south, particularly  after all  those arrested people died in the cattle trucks.  Do try and post sensibly.  Apart from the Muslim separist's the south has always been a democrat stronghold. 

I didn't say he was popular in the South, I do know a little bit about it (and about Thailand in general). Please do not give me unsolicited advice, you don't know me and you don't know anything about me. And in particular, please don't give me advice in a condescending manner. And definitely don't put words in my mouth, people who do that generally end up looking foolish when it gets pointed out.

4 hours ago, newatthis said:

Definitely lacking:

" What Is Empathy?  Empathy is the capacity to understand what another person is experiencing from within the other person's frame of reference, ie, the capacity to place oneself in another's shoes. The essence of empathic interaction is accurate understanding of another person's feelings. "

Whats the point if you do business. This is the question, nothing to do with empathy. This short term thinking of farmers and fisherman reveals lack of mental agility. Monoculture is a trap and it is cheap to make the Gouverment responsible for own wrongdoing...very cheap. 

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

This short term thinking of farmers and fisherman reveals lack of mental agility.

You referring to people probably 2-3 generations being a farmer or fisherman, no chance of an education and only skill is what they learn from their parents. More a survival mentality with no chance or time for thinking. That is the job of the government. 

1 hour ago, Sid Celery said:

I didn't say he was popular in the South, I do know a little bit about it (and about Thailand in general). Please do not give me unsolicited advice, you don't know me and you don't know anything about me. And in particular, please don't give me advice in a condescending manner. And definitely don't put words in my mouth, people who do that generally end up looking foolish when it gets pointed out.

Just now, The Deerhunter said:
1 hour ago, Sid Celery said:

I simply beg to point out that thousands of people both here and overseas have spent the last half decade or more making fun of  Khun ex Lt Col (Pol.).Thaksin Shinawatra. or "old squarehead" as he was also sometimes referred to. It has happened in this very forum for countless pathetic attempts at theatre and other attention getting.

12 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

I simply beg to point out that thousands of people both here and overseas have spent the last half decade or more making fun of  Khun ex Lt Col (Pol.).Thaksin Shinawatra. or "old squarehead" as he was also sometimes referred to. It has happened in this very forum for countless pathetic attempts at theatre and other attention getting.

Then we are agreed. But that is not what I was doing. I was pointing out that that nice Mr Prayuth was adopting Thaksin's call-sign (which he didn't understand) for his own (which he doesn't understand) in the hope that it will imply solidarity with the common people, which it doesn't.

That takes a very special kind of stupid.