Two American tourists fined 5000 Baht for 'butt selfie' at Thai temple

webfact

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the punishment they received, i am just struggling to understand where the humor in this is, or why doing this would even cross the mind of a 15 year old never mind two 38 year old grown ups.

Are they mentally impaired? I am simply staggered why anyone would think of even doing this. Maybe i am getting old :(

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"They were being held at an immigration detention center while police considered a possible violation of Thailand's Computer Crime Act, as the photograph was uploaded online, Jaruphat said."

Computer crime act? Then death sentence it is for the Traveling Butt Buddies.

Kiss their "joint" asses goodbye

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:
28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You might want to open your eyes a little and broaden your horizons! I can recommend some places if you like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No thank you, I find that lifestyle disgusting.

Guess things didn t work out in Surin for you

Edited by isaanbanhou

29 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Regardless of the punishment they received, i am just struggling to understand where the humor in this is, or why doing this would even cross the mind of a 15 year old never mind two 38 year old grown ups.

Are they mentally impaired? I am simply staggered why anyone would think of even doing this. Maybe i am getting old :(

Agree with you. Utter loss to me why anyone would think this funny. But I suspect it wasn't so much a joke but a chance to grab some fame especially in the gay community back home. "Look what we did, aren't we clever fun boys" type thing.

To me totally tasteless, offensive and deserving of punishment. Getting a small fine and being deported isn't draconian. There some countries where if they did this they'd get lynched.

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I wish the yammering homophobes and bigots on TV would give it a break.
If it were a couple of drunken "good old boys" who had pulled this off as a prank would  you then be calling for execution, ten years in jail, 100,000 baht fines? Hell no

Lmao..... I’m off to a slow start.... ooops, shoulda left the A out of lmao.

yammering homophobes and bigots.... until reading this post, I hadn’t noticed any homophobia, nor really concluded that the butt brothers were perhaps happy butt brothers

thanks for sharing your gaydar perception

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I keep reading the posts but I come back to the same question; what did they do wrong?

If you really have to ask that question then your values are probably very different to most people who post here.

Would you deem it appropriate for such behavior in St. Paul's Cathedral, the Vatican, Westminster Abbey, the Grand Mosque, or in any place of worship where other people, men, women and children will be paying respect?

If you do, then that's why you have to ask that question.

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Would you deem it appropriate for such behavior in St. Paul's Cathedral, the Vatican, Westminster Abbey, the Grand Mosque, or in any place of worship where other people, men, women and children will be paying respect?

It wouldn't bother me - and I suggest the majority of farangs on TVF - if a couple of guys showed their bums like this in St Pauls. And as for the Vatican; they like their boys a lot younger.

It's just a big joke and if this is what the so-easily-offended Thai Authorities think then they should take a reality check and start sorting out real problems. If it had been two fit girls doing the dastedly deed the posts on TVF would be completely different. 

A true Buddhist would not be offended by this trivilality.

Now, dropping your strides in front of children; different matter!! Indecent!!

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

36 and 38 years old?  Butt selfies?  At a religious temple in a foreign country?  Really.......  ...the parents must be proud, and ecstatic they're out of their basement, admiring each others asses...

My bad, I thought they were brothers (old school ingrained assumption).  I wonder who wears the pants....or should have been wearing the pants   :post-4641-1156694572:

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It wouldn't bother me - and I suggest the majority of farangs on TVF - if a couple of guys showed their bums like this in St Pauls. And as for the Vatican; they like their boys a lot younger.

It's just a big joke and if this is what the so-easily-offended Thai Authorities think then they should take a reality check and start sorting out real problems. If it had been two fit girls doing the dastedly deed the posts on TVF would be completely different. 

A true Buddhist would not be offended by this trivilality.

Now, dropping your strides in front of children; different matter!! Indecent!!

Your sense of humor is not as the majority as you think I'd suggest.

Perhaps TV can organize one of their poles too see.

If I was at one of the places I mentioned and some idiot did this I'd happily help security/police arrest them.

Someone shows me their arse and I'll kick it.

6 hours ago, Muggi1968 said:

Thailand have 474 people on the dead row, but have not executed anybody since August 2009.

They are normally changed to ""Life time" at royal birthdays etc...

big mistake...a death sentence should end up quick in the termination of that persons life...if death becomes a life sentence what a 100% BS society...after all the future and only destination of everything that crawls around this planet is the extinguishen of that life ...and there is no pardon its called nature...

5 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Smart gays would condemn this disrespectful behavior.

Absolutely and I certainly do.

But also the homophobic reactions to this incident need to be condemned.

They don't represent gay people. 

But they don't deserve to rot in jail for that level of offense either. 

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good to see an appropriate sentence applied. Thankfully the Thai authorities don't share the homophobic, reactionary attitudes of many on this Forum!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not so sure they're going to be OK. The computer crimes part could be very serious.