Israeli sentenced to death in Thailand for murdering fellow expat

rooster59

10 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The Times of Israel reported that Biton was found guilty of robbing and attacking an old woman in Israel in the 1990s. He was sentenced to five years in jail but escaped before entering prison. He was caught four years later in Belgium and extradited to Israel where he served two years, then fled to Thailand during a furlough.

He was eventually extradited back to Israel after spending time in jail in Thailand for concealing a body, and became a police informant following his release from jail two years later.

You are confusing the 2 cases. this is the extract from the Times of Israel and it was a murder that he committed in Israel in the 1990's that he was extradited back to Israel, at present he is still in custody here in Thailand.

Three cases, actually.

...found guilty of robbing and attacking an old woman in Israel in the 1990s.

.... spending time in jail in Thailand for concealing a body

and the current case

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Three cases, actually.

...found guilty of robbing and attacking an old woman in Israel in the 1990s.

.... spending time in jail in Thailand for concealing a body

and the current case

sorry, yes you are right, there was another case here in Thailand where he concealed another body. But the point that I was making was that he was still here in Thailand and the case that showed he was extradited was back in the 1990's

On 12/2/2017 at 10:43 AM, joeyg said:

Some illegal alien felon, just shot and killed a girl walking with her father on a pier in San Francisco.  Said he found the gun  and shot her by accident.  Walked "scott free"  No manslaughter.  He will be deported for the 6th time...   http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/30/us/kate-steinle-murder-trial-verdict/index.html

Yeah.  Saw that in the news. 

what's the point? 

Here is another story about this man.

Cohen was convicted of murdering his wife in 2004 and sentenced to life in prison.
Cohen bought a one-way ticket for his ex-wife to fly to Bangkok and within 24 hours murdered her in his hotel him. He dumped her mutilated body in a river in the city and called the Israeli Embassy in Bangkok to report the missing person.
Cohen spent eight years in prison, however in 2012 the King of Thailand pardoned him.

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Here is another story about this man.

Cohen was convicted of murdering his wife in 2004 and sentenced to life in prison.
Cohen bought a one-way ticket for his ex-wife to fly to Bangkok and within 24 hours murdered her in his hotel him. He dumped her mutilated body in a river in the city and called the Israeli Embassy in Bangkok to report the missing person.
Cohen spent eight years in prison, however in 2012 the King of Thailand pardoned him.

Nope, that's not the victim, but another Israeli man with a similar name.

Edited by Morch

8 minutes ago, Morch said:

Nope, that's not the victim, but another Israeli man with a similar name.

The Times of Israel reported that Biton was found guilty of robbing and attacking an old woman in Israel in the 1990s. He was sentenced to five years in jail but escaped before entering prison. He was caught four years later in Belgium and extradited to Israel where he served two years, then fled to Thailand during a furlough.

He was eventually extradited back to Israel after spending time in jail in Thailand for concealing a body, and became a police informant following his release from jail two years later.

Then Cohen murdered his ex-wife in Thailand in 2004 and is given a Kings pardon in 2012

Now his body has been found buried in concrete and he was killed by Biton and his son.

All these are linked in someway.

What was the case of Biton concealing a body back in the 1990's that he served 2 years in a Thai jail?

Edited by Russell17au

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

So which one is not the same man Biton or Cohen?

Two Cohens. One is the victim, another is the guy who butchered his wife and stuffed her in a suitcase.

Ah, alright...the older case Biton was charged with (body hiding), is not the same one as the above mentioned butchered-wife-in-suitcase.

Edited by Morch

On 2-12-2017 at 7:06 PM, Just Weird said:

You'll find that not only did the Red Bull heir not murder anyone and so wasn't charged with murdering anyone but he couldn't get any kind of sentence because his case hasn't been to court yet.

Over and over again it's shown in many countries, law is not straight, you can bend it if you are rich.

Not only Thailand, aswell USA, Holland, Suriname and many more. 

In the case of rb heir, they didnt arrest him, decided on top level. Matter of money. They gave him the change to get away, same as with former prime ministers. 

Well family of police officer happy , as they received just $ 100000, probably husband (papa?) wasnt worth that much. 

Nowadays it isnt just weird, but common. 

On 12/3/2017 at 12:19 AM, Morch said:

There was a detailed account of his "career", movements and whereabouts on the previous topic (some months back). Couldn't be bothered to look it up, a bit late, and perhaps a Rusty Nail or two too many, so might have mixed up  up some details:

He was a criminal in Israel, imprisoned, did a runner, ended up in Thailand (that was years ago), and was involved in crime here as well (murder and hiding the body, think more related to the latter). Kicked back to Israel, imprisoned again, turned informant in some drug case, released and headed back to Thailand (about 2-3 years ago). Then the OP, still imprisoned in Thailand.

As to how he got into the country first time around, fake ID (and/or immigration control issues). As to how he got in country the second time considering his record, I think it was, at least in part, a give and take between respective police forces.

Sounds like words with  no evidence 

easy to call someone a police informa with no back up 

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Sounds like words with  no evidence 

easy to call someone a police informa with no back up 

It's easy to make spurious claims without checking. His record and past deeds were covered, in detail, on quite a few articles. Some of these were cited on related topics.

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2017 at 12:35 PM, CARBO said:

Seems fair to me.

There is no fair punishment for a murderer! If you kill him then your a murderer too, if you torture him then your inhumane! 

Mans this is where I get a little old school , in cases where the murder is proven without a doubt such as this, the punishment should come from the family of the murdered and the title of “human” be stricken from the convicted, therefore any punishment prescribed by the family may be implemented by the family including forced Slavery, but like I said I’m a bit old school in some ways and I know they will never come to pass, but how you you compensate a family from the financial loss of a family member? Enslave the murderer in a capacity where that person can replace the financial loss , even if that means being an asswhore!!! 

9 hours ago, TurkAussie said:

There is no fair punishment for a murderer! If you kill him then your a murderer too, if you torture him then your inhumane! 

Mans this is where I get a little old school , in cases where the murder is proven without a doubt such as this, the punishment should come from the family of the murdered and the title of “human” be stricken from the convicted, therefore any punishment prescribed by the family may be implemented by the family including forced Slavery, but like I said I’m a bit old school in some ways and I know they will never come to pass, but how you you compensate a family from the financial loss of a family member? Enslave the murderer in a capacity where that person can replace the financial loss , even if that means being an asswhore!!! 

That is an opinion.

10 hours ago, TurkAussie said:

Good sentiment , but in reality it wouldnt work .

For example , if a Thai killed a rich old felang , his Family may decide that the correct punishment will be a 100 000 Baht reward

On 06/02/2018 at 2:49 PM, sanemax said:

Good sentiment , but in reality it wouldnt work .

For example , if a Thai killed a rich old felang , his Family may decide that the correct punishment will be a 100 000 Baht reward

I do see how this may be a dillema , but getting it passed the senate and ok’ing it through the Geneva convention might be the first hurdles my way of thinking would have to face , I’d say