Angry man stranded at Suvarnabhumi for 24 hours launches furious rant at airport staff

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've read about things like this in the past. The puzzling thing about it is that everyone pays for every meal they eat, every day.

Lets say you pay for and eat 3 meals every day of your life right up until the point where you arrive at an airport, your check in and find that you have a delayed flight.

Why should you suddenly stop paying for your own food at this point ?

They give a discount voucher which probably covers the inflated airport prices but you're still responsible for feeding yourself regardless of your flight status.

This guy is just another dummy.

What an eccentric posting!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, samsensam said:

daft comment, i've seen europeans getting equally angry at european airports when faced with atrocious airline customer care

Ranting and raving at the Staff is unacceptable, the poor Girl looked scared to death, what a <deleted> coward, did she decide on the 250 Baht, NO, call the Airline or go to the Airlines office in the Airport vicinity and rant and rave there.

If you can't roll with the punches, you should probably avoid budget airlines, travelling to Thailand, and air travel in general.  The legacy carriers in the US used to give 10 bucks....now, that is much more rare.  People can be stuck at airports for days if a big storm hits.

Edited by BuddyDean

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The man claimed the voucher wasn’t enough to buy even a bowl of noodles from one of the airport’s restaurants, which he claimed cost 360 bah

welcome to thailand; 30 m others have same/similar experiences;

hope to see your wallet again

17 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

250 baht?

That’s it?

Many years ago I was on a Kuwait airways flight that was delayed. They gave each of us a voucher which we were told was to be used for obtaining a meal. On presenting the voucher we each received a plate with one fried egg on it, that was it, not even a piece of bread to go with it.

One or two rational comments here. Most are just tripe. I can't wait for the day when this happens to you lot. What invective would you unleash as you announce to the world how you can organise both airline and airport better than anyone?

You have no idea who this man was and you have no idea what he was missing out on by not being able to get to Singapore. If you are retired with only time to kill and beer to swill, life is slower and less focused I suppose.

250 Baht vouchers? They are a joke but he was stranded. What are his dietary needs? Did he have cash/access to cash? What about his medical needs?

You Thai bashers and bashers in general have shown your true colours yet again.

Edited by todlad

2 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Many years ago I was on a Kuwait airways flight that was delayed. They gave each of us a voucher which we were told was to be used for obtaining a meal. On presenting the voucher we each received a plate with one fried egg on it, that was it, not even a piece of bread to go with it.

I thought airlines were obliged to supply more than that these days.

Regarding your own experience, I lived and worked in Kuwait for 5 years and to be honest, I'm surprised you got that...

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've read about things like this in the past. The puzzling thing about it is that everyone pays for every meal they eat, every day.

Lets say you pay for and eat 3 meals every day of your life right up until the point where you arrive at an airport, your check in and find that you have a delayed flight.

They give a discount voucher which probably covers the inflated airport prices but you're still responsible for feeding yourself regardless of your flight status.

Lets say you have a job and it only pays when you actually come to the office and do the job.........

Working by your analogy you could say that he cannot work while he is at the airport so they should re-imburse anyone for lost hours  !!!!!

This guy is just another dummy.  I suppose that as he has slept in a bed for 365 days a year for his whole life, he should not have been given accommodation either!

Your comment is the most ridiculous comment seen on here for months.

Edited by keithpa
add to

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

Because you are supposed to be home and able to cook in your own kitchen.  Why should people be forced to "eat out" through no fault of their own? People pay for hotels when they travel too, should everyone be expected to pay their own hotel an extra night when flights are delayed overnight?  

18 hours ago, balo said:

In Singapore noodles at the airport cost how much ? I would imagine 1000 baht . 

not more expensive like inthailand on the airport

bcs changi aiprot charging the same price like locals outside

coffee 5 sgd  125thb,freod noodles sgd 5-7  150thb   and burger king much cheaper than in thailand ............changi is good and inexpensive

but 250thb for 8 hrs is a shirt

jetstar is normaly  very good carrier, just come back with them some day bfr from singapore

jetstar/tiger/scoot never had any delay

the biggest delay some day ago was at immigrtaion  BKK 90min waiting time about 7pm

18 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Jetstar is an Australian budget airline (originally an offshoot of Qantas) and is always getting bad press in Australia for this sort of thing. I'm Australian and proud to say I've never flown Jetstar and never will.

I knew nothing of Jetstar & booked with them for my Thai step-daughters'  first flight.  It was abysmal and totally spoiled my attempt at their first foreign holiday.

While the gentleman may have acted out a bit- I can appreciate his displeasure. The airline should have compensated all passengers on the 2nd delay by refunding the flight ticket; providing a voucher at least double what was offered for a meal and allowed the passengers to wait in an airline lounge. Had I been on that flight, I would have asked to immediately speak with the Station Manager and made my case to that person. If refused, I would have gone up the chain until I reached someone who would give me a full explanation of the situation and some better compensation.

If people never complain- these type of companies will continue to 'stiff' the public.