23 more animals and plants added into list of “invasive alien species”

rooster59

23 more animals and plants added into list of “invasive alien species”

spider.jpg

The Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP) has added into the list of invasive alien species another 11 kinds of plants and 12 kinds of animals as proposed by the committee for the conservation and utilisation of bio-diversity, according to ONEP secretary-general Raviwan Puridet.

The 11 plants are: giant sensitive plant-ไมยราบยักษ์ (Mimosa pigra); desho grass-หญ้าขจรจบดอกเล็ก (Pennisetum pedicellatum); desho grass-หญ้าขจรจบดอกใหญ่ (Pennisetum pedicellatum Trin.); West Indies pennisetum- หญ้าขจรจบดอกเหลือง (Penniseturn setosum);  water-hyacinth-ผักตบชวา (Eichornia Crassipes); water fern salvinia-จอกหูหนูยักษ์ (Salvinia molesta); กระถินหางกระรอก (Dichrostachys cinere); ขี้ไก่ย่าน (Mikania cordata); ต้นสาบหมา (Ageratina adenophora); กกช้าง, ธูปฤาษี (Typha angustifolia).

The 12 animals are: ไส้เดือนฝอยรากปม (Meloidogyne incognita); brown widow spider-แมงมุมแม่หม้ายสีน้ำตาล (Latrodectus hesperus); giant African snail-หอยทากยักษ์แอฟริกา (Lissachatina fulica);  golden apple snail-หอยเชอรี่ (Pomacea canaliculata); giant snail-หอยเชอรี่ยักษ์ (Achatina fulica); sucker mouth catfish (Hypostomus); sucker mouth catfish (Liposasrcus); sucker mouth catfish (Pterygoplichthys); blackchin tilapia-ปลาหมอสีคางดำ (Sarotherodon melanotheron); ปลาหมอมายัน ( (ExCichlasoma urophthalmus); red-eared slider-เต่าแก้มแดง (Trachemys scripta elegans); and, brown rat-หนูท่อ  (Rattus norvegicus).

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/23-animals-plants-added-list-invasive-alien-species/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-03

35 minutes ago, leeneeds said:

More than 300 plants and animals on the list, 

will the will to round them up be the same as the human species?

my opinion, I think not.

Undercapitalized Farangs are definitely high on the list. Wait and see.
Cheers.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

How did they find out? Did these plants and animals check in every 90 days?:w00t:

Is Human Erectus Falangus included?:passifier:

Only Erectus Falangus Viagerus can be included because of recent intrduction to the country.

Some of that species have evolved into Erectus Falangus Cialusus it seems.

Most are elderly specimens and unlikely to actually breed so are not considered a major threat.

Edited by overherebc

Most of those plants and animals on the list have already

been here a very long time,and only now they have noticed?

They are well integrated into the Thai habitat,and I would

say nearly impossible to eradicate,so they left it too late. 

regards worgeordie

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 5:17 AM, leeneeds said:

More than 300 plants and animals on the list, 

will the will to round them up be the same as the human species?

my opinion, I think not.

Rattus Norvegicus?  I imagine he has been here for at least 200 years, perhaps much longer.  Took a while to notice him.  He and  Rattus Rattus are the two commonest rats in the world.  And I think they both are in the whole world.  RR gas a longer thin tail and climbs a lot. RN has a shorter thicker tail and generally bigger.  Calling one a black rat and one a brown rat is nonsense.  They both can be any colour.  Most rats I see here on road sides etc I think are R.N.

On 03/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, overherebc said:

Only Erectus Falangus Viagerus can be included because of recent intrduction to the country.

Some of that species have evolved into Erectus Falangus Cialusus it seems.

Most are elderly specimens and unlikely to actually breed so are not considered a major threat.

But highly prized in Isaan for their short life span.

8 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

But highly prized in Isaan for their short life span.

Many of them are great hoarders as well during their middle years of life and often leave piles of supplies when they die. 

Some are not and this can cause great consternation when their keepers can't locate the food store.

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Many of them are great hoarders as well during their middle years of life and often leave piles of supplies when they die. 

Some are not and this can cause great consternation when their keepers can't locate the food store.

Some of us pack rats think we have been very clever hiding our winter store.  We always hope no other rat works out how to access it.