That Hospital In Sattahip?

Spaniel

On another thread most of the posters were bashing Pattaya Bangkok Hospital and recommending people go to the hospital in Sattahip or the Naval Hosipital in Sattahip as prices were much cheaper and still quality service. I assume they were refering to the same hospital. What is the actual name of the hospital and exactly where is it located?

Drive past Satthahip towards Rayong. At Kilometre marker 10, Ban Chang, there is a large 4 way intersection. Turn right towards Samaesan Village. The hospital is on your left BEFORE Utapao Airport. I think the name is Queen Sirikit, however, its the only hospital there.

The naval hospital is probably within one of the many bases there. However, there is an excellent naval hospital in BKK, the SomdejPraPinklao Hospital is just down the road from Wongwienyai roundabout in Klong San. There is a reco chamber in BKK.

Drive past Satthahip towards Rayong. At Kilometre marker 10, Ban Chang, there is a large 4 way intersection. Turn right towards Samaesan Village. The hospital is on your left BEFORE Utapao Airport. I think the name is Queen Sirikit, however, its the only hospital there.

The naval hospital is probably within one of the many bases there. However, there is an excellent naval hospital in BKK, the SomdejPraPinklao Hospital is just down the road from Wongwienyai roundabout in Klong San. There is a reco chamber in BKK.

The Queen Sirikit hospital is the naval hospital and is open to the general public. Just head for U Tapao airport and you can't miss the hospital - turn right at the 4-way intersection, signposted U Tapao airport, and the hospital is immediately on your left.

DM

The Queen Sirikit hospital is the naval hospital and is open to the general public. Just head for U Tapao airport and you can't miss the hospital - turn right at the 4-way intersection, signposted U Tapao airport, and the hospital is immediately on your left.

DM

The Queen Sirikit is not the naval hospital the navy hospital entrance is next to the main gate of the naval base which is straight thru the intersection instead of following the road round towards Rayong go straight ahead on Sukhumvit and turn right before you end up in the tide

Edited by MP5

So is it The Navy Hospital or Queen Sirikit Hospital that is recommended as much cheaper, than BPH, and still give quality service?

Queen Sirikit.

I don't think, as a foreigner, that you would be able to get into the naval base to use facilities there, if indeed there is a separate hospital inside. QS is the one that everyone is referring to - I always thought that this was run by the navy as it was, I believe, set up as a joint venture between the USA and Thailand some years ago. You certainly see people in there wearing naval uniforms.

DM

So is it The Navy Hospital or Queen Sirikit Hospital that is recommended as much cheaper, than BPH, and still give quality service?

Queen Sirikit.

I don't think, as a foreigner, that you would be able to get into the naval base to use facilities there, if indeed there is a separate hospital inside. QS is the one that everyone is referring to - I always thought that this was run by the navy as it was, I believe, set up as a joint venture between the USA and Thailand some years ago. You certainly see people in there wearing naval uniforms.

DM

The RTN hospital is right at the entrance to to the base and treats all. Doctors here work at surrounding hospitals too like Pattaya International and Bangkok Pattaya.

Queen Sirikit.

DM

The RTN hospital is right at the entrance to to the base and treats all. Doctors here work at surrounding hospitals too like Pattaya International and Bangkok Pattaya.

I'm still confused :o

Queen Sirikit.

DM

What is being reffered to as RTN is in Sattahip Town , and you will not get past the guards on the gate.

The Queen Sirikit Hospital is roughly 10 kms past Sattahip on Sukhumvit as you head towards Ban Chang, at the end of road 331 where it meets Sukhumvit. Its right on the corner there and is surrounded by Utapoa Airport.

It is a Govt. hospital and all are welcome.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

I've googled Royal Thai Naval Hospital and Queen Sirikit but haven't spent much time on it.

All I found was some small info on "Sattahip Commercial Port, Royal Thai Navy". Says Hospital facilities are available

It seems that ships' crews docking at the Port can avail themselves of hospital services.

I, too, would like to know if it is open to the general public.

The address is given.

On Queen Sirikit there is an article on anaesthetics written by a Leiu. Com. and 2 captains.

So it does seem that the Navy has a presence/interest in the Queen Sirikit Hospital.

The Queen Sirikit Hospital has 1000 beds and 30 operating rooms.

Queen Sirikit.

DM

What is being reffered to as RTN is in Sattahip Town , and you will not get past the guards on the gate.

The Queen Sirikit Hospital is roughly 10 kms past Sattahip on Sukhumvit as you head towards Ban Chang, at the end of road 331 where it meets Sukhumvit. Its right on the corner there and is surrounded by Utapoa Airport.

It is a Govt. hospital and all are welcome.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

You do not need to pass any security gate hence you will not be stopped by guards the RTN hospital is right at the front gate to the Sattahip Naval Base and I don't understand how you can clear things up when you are giving totally false information.

There are 2 hospitals and both will treat you and again the guards do not stop anyone from entering the Naval Hospital because it has a seperate entrance next to the main entrance to the Naval Base and it is open to the public.

I've googled Royal Thai Naval Hospital and Queen Sirikit but haven't spent much time on it.

All I found was some small info on "Sattahip Commercial Port, Royal Thai Navy". Says Hospital facilities are available

It seems that ships' crews docking at the Port can avail themselves of hospital services.

The address is given.

On Queen Sirikit there is an article on anaesthetics written by a Leiu. Com. and 2 captains.

So it does seem that the Navy has a presence/interest in the Queen Sirikit Hospital.

Partner said to look in the Pattaya Survival Guide. It says "Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital. Sukhumvit Hwy, Sattahip. 30 minutes from Pattaya.

038 245 735 - 9

So, maybe just 1 hospital???!!! Partner, ex-navy, says probably just First Aid Station inside the port.

Maybe a forum member will suss it all out when taking the family out for a Sunday car run?

By the way, 11 hospital are listed in the Pattaya Survival Guide. I bought my PSG at Bookazine for 250 Baht.

The address is given.

Partner said to look in the Pattaya Survival Guide. It says "Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital. Sukhumvit Hwy, Sattahip. 30 minutes from Pattaya.

038 245 735 - 9

So, maybe just 1 hospital???!!! Partner, ex-navy, says probably just First Aid Station inside the port.

Maybe a forum member will suss it all out when taking the family out for a Sunday car run?

By the way, 11 hospital are listed in the Pattaya Survival Guide. I bought my PSG at Bookazine for 250 Baht.

Hi Tammi there are 2 hospitals and the first aid station in the naval hospital is a reasonably well equiped trauma center

Edited by MP5

Hi Tammi there are 2 hospitals and the first aid station in the naval hospital is a reasonably well equiped trauma center

So that makes 3? Or maybe 2.5?

Any offers on 3.

Forgive a pensioner's "senior" moment, but I'm still mightily confused.

- So there's the Queen Sirikit Hospital?...

...And The Satahip Naval Hospital?

....And the 'well equipped' first aid station.

....And all are open to the public?

And which one is the best, and which is the one that many have recommended on these threads as being better than Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Help someone out there. :D

Please :o:D

So that makes 3? Or maybe 2.5?

Any offers on 3.

Forgive a pensioner's "senior" moment, but I'm still mightily confused.

- So there's the Queen Sirikit Hospital?...

...And The Satahip Naval Hospital?

....And the 'well equipped' first aid station.

....And all are open to the public?

And which one is the best, and which is the one that many have recommended on these threads as being better than Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Help someone out there. :D

Please :o:D

OK! I was being smart.

There are 2 hospitals I was indicating the naval hospital was more than a first aid station!

That's me if the simple directions were confusing I'm definately not getting into which one is better than the other.

MP5 OUT

Probably what happened was that the hospital in the grounds of the Royal Thai Navy got too small when development came to the area so Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital was built and its 1st phase opened in 1996. 1000 beds and 30 operating rooms.

BTW, the Pattaya Survival Guide does not list a hospital within the Thai Navy compound.

Partner is saying we will go for a nice day out down the coast and have a look for hospitals. :o

Probably what happened was that the hospital in the grounds of the Royal Thai Navy got too small when development came to the area so Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital was built and its 1st phase opened in 1996. 1000 beds and 30 operating rooms.

BTW, the Pattaya Survival Guide does not list a hospital within the Thai Navy compound.

Partner is saying we will go for a nice day out down the coast and have a look for hospitals. :D

Look fortward to your report Tammi.

Maybe you could take a 'victim' with you for the good doctors of Sattahip to try out their skills :D

Any volunteers? :o

I am still confused about the exact location. Does anyone have an online map link that shows it well?

Go to Google, click 'more', click Google Earth and download it for free, find your way to Sattahip, follow the road to Utapao looking for a 4 way intrsection and a building that could be the Queen Sirikit Navy Hospital. Unfortunately they don't seem to have put a cross on the roof or have a helicopter pad which would have made it easier when looking from above. :o Then you can have fun roaming around the area and all the way back to your house!

Yesterday, looked at the Eastern Seaboard General Map (not to scale) provided by the Pattaya International Ladies’ Club (PILC) and found that The Queen Sirikit Royal Thai Navy Hospital is clearly marked.

Directions: Assume that highway #3 runs north-south between Chonburi and Sattahip. At Sattahip it makes a 90 degree turn to the left to go east to Rayong. Also assume that main road 331 runs north-south parallel to highway # 3 but inland by about 15 kilometers. Going from Pattaya to the south on highway #3 you will go approx 30 km and then come to the junction of main road 332 on the inland or eastern side of highway #3. Make this turn to the left onto main road 332. Continue east on 332 until you come to the junction with 331 where you make a right turn so that you are now going south on 331. Continue on 331 to the south until 331 crosses highway #3 to the east of Sattahip. At this 4 way signalized crossing the SE quarter is bounded by the perimeter of Queen Sirikit Royal Thai Navy Hospital. The SE corner is landscaped and there is a beautiful full length portrait of the Queen. There are entrance gates to the hospital off both highway #3 and 331. This is a signalized junction and it is safer to go straight across highway #3 and make the turn into the hospital off 331.

The above is the way Thai drivers have always taken me when going to Utapao airport. Why I don’t know. Maybe it’s quicker, maybe it’s safer.

If I were driving myself to the hospital I would stay on highway # 3 until I came to the junction with main road 331 where I would make a right and the hospital entrance is on the left.

Today, went to see the hospital but forgot to take the maps. The driver took the “long winded” route and knew exactly where to go. Journey took 40 minutes.

We drove in the main entrance to the hospital passing ponds on each side. Car park area is very large. There are 3 obvious doors to the hospital: The one on the left is Administration, the centre one is to the wards, and the one on the right is Outpatients.

Admin and Outpatients are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The doors were locked.

Emergency is further to the right than Outpatients and is set back from the main façade. Outside there were many wheelchairs and stretchers and an ambulance. We went in and found ourselves in a large room fitted out with seating, and I think I saw an ATM. The triage desk is almost immediately inside the room on the right and also on the right is the door into the Emergency Room (ER) for ambulatory patients; straight ahead is Pharmacy; cashiers are on the left.

I went into the ER and a nurse very quickly came to ask how she could help me. I explained my mission was to see the hospital and find out a few things as I live in Pattaya and had heard that Queen Sirikit Hospital is very good. I was asked to take a seat inside the ER and the head nurse would come to see me. The head nurse was a very pleasant gentleman speaking excellent English.

I found out that the hospital will send an ambulance to Pattaya and can be summoned by phoning 038 245 929. I asked if the person answering the hospital phone would speak English and he said there’s always someone around who can.

The sign above ER door gives phone # 038 245 777 and this # is also on ambulance(s).

Maybe 038 245 929 is best # to phone?

We then went to find the wards. All the signs are in Thai but a few have English subtitles. The first ward we came to was orthopedics on the ground floor. There is no Reception so I went to the cashiers and explained my mission and was taken to the nurses’ station and again was helped by a nurse speaking excellent English.

I was taken to see an ordinary private room fitted with a wind up bed, not an electrically controlled one. There was a small TV, a fridge, a fold down plastic covered sofa, an en-suite bathroom, and a balcony with a laundry tub on one wall and a frame to dry clothes on. Everything looked a bit battered. The price per night is 1,200 baht. Food is extra. Thai food is 150 baht and European 300 baht per day.

The nurse explained that if the patient does not have friend or family to stay with him 24/24 then patient cannot have a private room; he will be admitted to an open ward. I agree wholeheartedly. I have always said private rooms are dangerous places to be when sick and alone.

Nurse said that there are VIP private rooms on the top floor that are same layout as the ordinary private but look better. I did not go to see as I didn’t want to push my welcome. VIP room is 1,500 baht.

I didn't go to look at hospital that is supposed to be at the naval base. Instead went for a nice lunch to Purimas Beach Hotel and then went to look at condos at Payoon Garden Cliff. The views are to die for. 3 bedroom needing reno 3.5M. 200 condos. Occupancy is normally 10 to 12 except at weekends. Building is 15 years old

Tammi,

That's brilliant! :D

Thanks very much for taking the time to write such a detailed report. The bit about the emeregency ambulances was particularly interesting.

I think might try it out some time soon. :o

I suggest you phone Sattahip first 038 245735 to make sure they can help you.

I was referred to Pattaya Bangkok hospital for coronary problems when I finally found the place, registered and waited to see a nurse. :D

Bangkok Pattaya presents itself as excellent quality care but with a price to match.

Bumrungrad in Bangkok is similarly high quality but also very expensive by local standards.

Good luck and good health to you. :o

I suggest you phone Sattahip first 038 245735 to make sure they can help you.

I was referred to Pattaya Bangkok hospital for coronary problems when I finally found the place, registered and waited to see a nurse. :D

Bangkok Pattaya presents itself as excellent quality care but with a price to match.

Bumrungrad in Bangkok is similarly high quality but also very expensive by local standards.

Good luck and good health to you. :o

Thank you for this info. I know folks have had good coronary care at Pattaya Bangkok Hospital. I, myself, prefer Dr Visuit Vivekaphirat at Bumrungrad. But maybe that's because I hate taking pills and kinda like doctors who look at all the pills prescribed at PBH and say "Why on earth would you take these?" Dr, Visuit was recommended to me by a doctor who was/is a patient of Dr. Visuit.