What's the point?

Dagnabbit

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, killala said:

Fwd corners better than rwd? Not in a million years... 

Oh really?

I think the OP has got old and forgotten what he did or didn't do as a youth to differentiate himself from the crowd.  Also seems to be fixated on engine size which is always a dead giveaway. 

I think it may have been the vegetative M. Schumacher who said "It is more fun to drive a slow car, fast than a fast car slow"

His favourite personal car? 

6184e24cc7708d4e753e9a9a1e6b7023--fiat--

Edited by VocalNeal

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Unusual for you to be so irrational. 

What specific part of my comment was rubbish, in your opinion?

In the UK I had a slammed ride that had problems with speed humps, l knew where they were and some l had to put wheels on the pavement...

Where I am in LOS super cars will most definitely have problems with dodgy roads..City dwellers perhaps may be OK but venturing out maybe a nightmare...

LOS money folk buy super cars for one thing, coooool face...

How you can say LOS roads are no different to farangland is beyond me, unless you never venture out of the city.....

The Dalai Lama would confirm those tolerant people are probably happier in their dailies than all those persons who criticize everything from morning to night.[emoji3]
He'd say the same about sanctimonious, self righteous prigs sticking their unwanted oar into a discussion on which they have no opinion.

Apparently.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Fake exhaust pipes too... 4 big fake pipes sticking out the back with a little tiddler jutting out underneath.

That's as bad as stuffing socks...

You just stick to your sock thing....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.da3c330a173afd57deb566f1e6016498.gif

5 hours ago, electric said:

A time when your car and your hot girlfriend were the 2 most important things in life.

Yeah.. had neither in those years, it was all about survival and hard study. When I finally got money cars became just a means of going from A to B, but I started boombooming nymphets, and it got worse with old age. 

26 minutes ago, transam said:

Where I am in LOS super cars will most definitely have problems with dodgy roads..City dwellers perhaps may be OK but venturing out maybe a nightmare...

LOS money folk buy super cars for one thing, coooool face...

How you can say LOS roads are no different to farangland is beyond me, unless you never venture out of the city.....

"Where I am in LOS super cars will most definitely have problems with dodgy roads..City dwellers perhaps may be OK but venturing out maybe a nightmare..."

I'm betting that where you are is not representative of most of the roads in Thailand, then.  You must have seen, or even been in a city, yes?  Why would it be a nightmare?

Supercar buyers in Thailand tend to buy them to use.

"How you can say LOS roads are no different to farangland is beyond me..."

I didn't exactly say that, but, for the most part, where supercars will be used, they are not particularly so much worse that supercars cannot be used.

Just now, Just Weird said:

"Where I am in LOS super cars will most definitely have problems with dodgy roads..City dwellers perhaps may be OK but venturing out maybe a nightmare..."

I'm betting that where you are is not representative of most of the roads in Thailand, then.  You must have seen, or even been in a city, yes?  Why would it be a nightmare?

Supercar buyers in Thailand tend to buy them to use.

"How you can say LOS roads are no different to farangland is beyond me..."

I didn't exactly say that, but, for the most part, where supercars will be used, they are not particularly so much worse that supercars cannot be used.

To the beer bar and back...

Chummy, I have driven all over the UK, USA and many European countries, though not in a super car, but how you can say LOS roads are the same is totally daft as l have driven around LOS..

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I have driven all over the UK, USA and many European countries, though not in a super car, but how you can say LOS roads are the same is totally daft as l have driven around LOS..

"I have driven all over the UK, USA and many European countries.."

So what?  You're not the only one.

"...but how you can say LOS roads are the same is totally daft as l have driven around LOS.."

How can I say that?  Because in many cases what I said is correct, that's how.  We are talking about the sort of roads that it would not be unreasonable to use a normal car on, you know?

What is "totally daft" (to quote you) is for you to misquote me and then try to argue against what I didn't actually say.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah and the new designed 4 pot 1.9 turbo Isuzu diesel goes to 170 kph at a very reasonable rate of knots.:laugh:

And that's why there are bodies all over the place.  Moronic design that ables a cheap truck do 200 KPH with a chassis and brakes suited to maximum of 120. 

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"I have driven all over the UK, USA and many European countries.."

So what?  You're not the only one.

"...but how you can say LOS roads are the same is totally daft as l have driven around LOS.."

How can I say that?  Because in many cases what I said is correct, that's how.  We are talking about the sort of roads that it would not be unreasonable to use a normal car on, you know?

What is "totally daft" (to quote you) is for you to misquote me and then try to argue against what I didn't actually say.

A normal car has greater ground clearance than a super car.....Try a super car on 4 inch pot hole my ride has dealt with on your OK LOS roads.:sad:

7 minutes ago, transam said:

A normal car has greater ground clearance than a super car.....Try a super car on 4 inch pot hole my ride has dealt with on your OK LOS roads.:sad:

Now you want to move the subject to your driving your pickup on non-normal road conditions?  Make your mind up. 

I have not claimed that a supercar can deal with a 4-inch pothole.  Most normal people would simply try to avoid driving into 4-inch potholes regardless of what they were driving and most roads that supercar drivers use probably aren't pitted with potholes.  And there's a lot of them.

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Now you want to move the subject to your driving your pickup on non-normal road conditions?  Make your mind up. 

I have not claimed that a supercar can deal with a 4-inch pothole.  Most normal people would simply try to avoid driving into 4-inch potholes regardless of what they were driving and most roads that supercar drivers use probably aren't pitted with potholes.  And there's a lot of them.

You said LOS roads are no different to farangland which is total tosh...

LOS HAS 4 inch potholes because roads are not constructed correctly....Fact of life here...

1 hour ago, Dagnabbit said:

He'd say the same about sanctimonious, self righteous prigs sticking their unwanted oar into a discussion on which they have no opinion.

Apparently.

Dalai Lama certainly would never call anyone sanctimonious, self-righteous prigs :biggrin: 

29 minutes ago, Cranky said:

And that's why there are bodies all over the place.  Moronic design that ables a cheap truck do 200 KPH with a chassis and brakes suited to maximum of 120. 

"Moronic design that ables a cheap truck do 200 KPH..."

Not standard, they don't, they're top speed restricted in Thailand and they are designed to handle the speeds that they can do from the factory.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

You said LOS roads are no different to farangland which is total tosh...

LOS HAS 4 inch potholes because roads are not constructed correctly....Fact of life here...

No, I didn't say that, what you are saying is total tosh.

Thailand's roads do not have 4-inch potholes generally, some may have, most where supercars are used, and that is the subject here, don't.  That's a fact of life here.

Thailand's roads do not have 4-inch potholes generally, some may have, most where supercars are used, and that is the subject here, don't.  That's a fact of life here.

Again you are talking tosh....It seems YOU have never experienced pot holes, l have and am sure many readers here have...As TRANS said, super car owners use their rides where they CAN with no probs...

Boy racers... but I agree, Seen the same in other countries.

Saw a rear spoiler the other day on the back of a mini-shaped car, set well below the roof height.  I doubt it gave much benefit. Up to them,  but the exhaust make more noise mods are annoying!

1 minute ago, transam said:

Again you are talking tosh....It seems YOU have never experienced pot holes, l have and am sure many readers here have...As TRANS said, super car owners use their rides where they CAN with no probs...

"As TRANS said, super car owners use their rides where they CAN with no probs..."

I agree with you if you said that, I never said anything different but aren't you Trans?  Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd party?  Weird.

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Got some pretty deep ones on 3rd rd in Pattaya and many other main roads, and we do get a Ferrari or 2.

Edited by jacko45k

"As TRANS said, super car owners use their rides where they CAN with no probs..."

I agree with you if you said that, I never said anything different but aren't you Trans?  Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd party?  Weird.

I failed English grammar, but 40 years back l could put foot to the floor for hours in the UK without a tree branch covering a pot hole...:stoner:

1 minute ago, transam said:

I failed English grammar, but 40 years back l could put foot to the floor for hours in the UK without a tree branch covering a pot hole...:stoner:

Yes, of course, the UK's roads didn't have potholes 40 hears ago, did they, but what's that got to do with Thailand's roads 40 years on?