What's the point?

Dagnabbit

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, of course, the UK's roads didn't have potholes 40 hears ago, did they, but what's that got to do with Thailand's roads 40 years on?

YOU said LOS roads are the same as farang roads which is daft....Do YOU know how LOS roads are constructed and why pot holes appear in short order......NO..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You haven't shown me the quote where I said that "LOS roads are the same as farang roads...".  You know why?..I didn't say it.

What I did say is in the quote that you posted above, seems that you are having difficulty reading it, though. 

'

Edited by Just Weird

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You haven't shown me the quote where I said that "LOS roads are the same as farang roads...".  You know why?..I didn't say it.

What I did say is in the quote that you posted above, seems that you are having difficulty reading it, though. 

'

So you did not say "Thailand's roads are no worse than any other countries roads"....OK..:saai:

Just now, transam said:

So you did not say "Thailand's roads are no worse than any other countries roads"....OK..:saai:

You know very well that that is part of what I said, why didn't you quote the qualifier rest of it? 

You also know that that is not what you claimed I said.

Transam just ignore Just Weird because what I have worked out looking at his posts is that he deliberately insinuates things but when you respond to him he tries to get smart and claims he did not say things like that. I believe that he is just a child that likes to say that what ever is in Thailand it is the same in every other country, to me that shows that he has never had anything to do with any other country and that he does not know what he is talking about. All he is doing is trolling the threads

9 hours ago, transam said:

It is a hobby, bit like folk wearing what they think is trendy cloths, or sunglasses at night to look cool..

When l was a kid I did loads of stuff to any ride l had, whether a Vespa, Honda m/cycle, Mini Cooper and much later my Pontiac.

Must add I never grew out of that phase, well not until l moved to LOS. I even lowered the roof of my Mini Cooper 4 inches, why, cos l wanted too...:stoner:

If you lowered the suspension 4 inches to achieve that, I'd expect sparks on every speed bump. Perhaps they didn't have them that long ago.

8 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

I dont think it impresses women. Only other men.

If you go to CDC on a weekend evening, you'll see them all lined up with their hoods up. Lots of engine mods, roll bars, suspension stiffners 100's of thousand spent on some of these cars - yet you can still pass them on a bicycle...

I know on guy that claims to have the fastest Honda Jazz in Thailand...

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

I definately don't agree with that statement, can't count how many times I got laid in my '65 GTO Convertabile download.jpg.2f496aeb785a038f62ab5ff612d5df22.jpg   my Puerto Rican friends called the car the "Paja Panti" mobile  girls get in it and dropped their panti's almost immediately.............they would rent it from me!!!

Seems to me just a matter of personal taste. Some people are more interested in form and style than function. And of course you can do a lot with turbo charging. I used to have a 1600 cc Miata that put out almost 250 horsepower at the rear wheels. At 2200 points it would beat most Porches. But then again it was rear wheel drive.

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I definately don't agree with that statement, can't count how many times I got laid in my '65 GTO Convertabile download.jpg.2f496aeb785a038f62ab5ff612d5df22.jpg   my Puerto Rican friends called the car the "Paja Panti" mobile  girls get in it and dropped their panti's almost immediately.............they would rent it from me!!!

Who the girls would drop their panties and rent the car from you to go and get something from the MEN. See you muscle car men never think of anything else but there cars. Look at the women that you gave us little Mini drivers. Ha Ha Ha Ha

Edited by Russell17au
mispelling

5 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I can show Just Weird a pothole on the main drag to Mae Sai which is big enough to swallow the front end of a Volkswagen. I'm wondering if he has ever been outside Bangkok.

He has not been on highway 2 from Bangkok to Nong Khai because it is full of pot holes and wheel ruts

and then the local farmboy arrives ...

and some more mad Thai idiots, boats this time ...

These guys just have so much FUN. Wouldn't be allowed back home in the nanny-state, far too dangerous. Safety gear? What's safety gear?

5 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed; many times I have seen mainly diesel utes accelerate and blow a big cloud of black smoke out the exhaust; wagons mostly look reasonably new; are these idiots adding something to the fuel??

If it's an old truck, it's probably normal, old diesels just used to smoke under heavy load. However, if it's a modern diesel, it might be modified to do that - they call it 'rolling coal' in the US, it's a real trend: they either remove devices or reprogram the ECU (or both) to make it smoke as much as possible. It does add power as well, but if I'm not mistaken, they do it for the smoke just as much as for the power - really stupid.

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Oh really?

I think the OP has got old and forgotten what he did or didn't do as a youth to differentiate himself from the crowd.  Also seems to be fixated on engine size which is always a dead giveaway. 

I think it may have been the vegetative M. Schumacher who said "It is more fun to drive a slow car, fast than a fast car slow"

His favourite personal car? 

6184e24cc7708d4e753e9a9a1e6b7023--fiat--

As a youth I drove an Alpha Romeo 155 2.5l V6.

No mods, no spoilers, no go faster stripes. 

Even when I was young I thought all that stuff pointless...

7 minutes ago, Sapporillo said:

If it's an old truck, it's probably normal, old diesels just used to smoke under heavy load. However, if it's a modern diesel, it might be modified to do that - they call it 'rolling coal' in the US, it's a real trend: they either remove devices or reprogram the ECU (or both) to make it smoke as much as possible. It does add power as well, but if I'm not mistaken, they do it for the smoke just as much as for the power - really stupid.

Another thing that causes the smoke is if the oil company mixes fuel oil to the diesel it will stick ti the injectors and blow black smoke. this is an old trick by the oil companies to increase their profits because fuel oil is cheaper than diesel. If you fueled at on fuel outlet then you would have a chance of knowing where it came from, but if you go to various outlets then there is no hope of knowing

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I’m curious as to the average age of those making comment at the ‘stupidity’ of making unique modifications whatever they may be. 

I’m guessing there will be an obvious connection between age and lack of tolerance of others decisions.

What's with this 'lack of tolerance' nonsense.

Are you one of these modern generation snowflakes that cries looking for a safe space when you hear an opinion you don't like. It's pretty obvious by you playing the age card. Age has ALWAYS been associated with wisdom - something you'll figure out yourself if you get older. 

This is a fun discussion. You, like the <deleted> Dalai Lama earlier have added zero to the discussion other than the fact that you feel offended on behalf of some group. 

You call it lack of tolerance, yet no-one here has said they can't tolerate it. 

Go cry somewhere else for heaven's sake - the adults are having a discussion.

57 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Good for you.

I got laid hitchhiking - but then I did have some nice shoes on. 

I guess some need props and some rely on looks & personality.

I had a 1962 mini cooper S and I put a 3/4 cam in it with a stage 4 crossflow head and quad SU's and that thing was a rocket but boy did it hold the road. I never got around to fitting a turbo to it though

I would not like to drive it around Thailand because I would either get stuck on the speed bumps or lose it in some of the potholes

Edited by Russell17au
left something out

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed; many times I have seen mainly diesel utes accelerate and blow a big cloud of black smoke out the exhaust; wagons mostly look reasonably new; are these idiots adding something to the fuel??

I think it’s down to knackered/dirty injectors, local farm boys not realizing that it equates to performance loss when bellowing out black clouds.

Sent from my house using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I think it’s down to knackered/dirty injectors, local farm boys not realizing that it equates to performance loss when bellowing out black clouds.

Sent from my house using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Could mean a couple of things but on a newish, modified diesel fuel pressure/volume is Increased due to higher state of tune 

https://youtu.be/ygbVUEn_mHc

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

There 1.5 engines and don't hang about, our Yaris 1.5 was trick up a bit and went round corners like on rails, front wheel drive cars or 4WD is very much better road holding than rear drive IMO.

F1 engines are only 1.6 so don't see what your point is. :biggrin:

Exactly---- I think our friend Dagnabbit really is a bit of a dag.If you hav'nt been through that teenage time when all your mates (and you) thought of nothing else but cars and girls,all I can say is you missed out on a part of life that even now at 81 yrs I still remember stupid things we did like that and have a smile to myself.Thats a smile of affection from happy memories not a laugh at doing something silly.Even my old Dad used to say ----- do it now Son cos when youre married and have a family you wont be able to able to do all that-------- Yes mate great times !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dagnabbit said:

What's with this 'lack of tolerance' nonsense.

Are you one of these modern generation snowflakes that cries looking for a safe space when you hear an opinion you don't like. It's pretty obvious by you playing the age card. Age has ALWAYS been associated with wisdom - something you'll figure out yourself if you get older. 

This is a fun discussion. You, like the <deleted> Dalai Lama earlier have added zero to the discussion other than the fact that you feel offended on behalf of some group. 

You call it lack of tolerance, yet no-one here has said they can't tolerate it. 

Go cry somewhere else for heaven's sake - the adults are having a discussion.

Your Honor, exhibit A