Alcohol ban at national parks to be strictly enforced

webfact

5 hours ago, sambum said:

"The witch hunt against alcohol continues"

Indeed it does! Remember the case of the rail employee that raped a young girl while drunk and under the influence of drugs, and then threw her off the train?

Rather than blame the recruiting system for employing someone with previous convictions for drink/drug induced crimes, the obvious knee jerk solution to the problem was? Ban alcohol on trains! 

And (IIRC) the recruiting "system" was that the rapist was given the job due to being a relative of one of the management.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

The only thing that makes Kho Samet a park is that they collect money, other than that you would not know. I can't see this changing , lots of big money involved, briefcases not brown envelopes.

No the rats in charge have cleaned it all and put their new guys to collect the money :-)

TOURISTS risk a jail term plus a fine if they step into national parks with alcohol beverages.

why only tourists? is this law aimed specifically at tourists and not people who live there or is it simply inaccurate reporting?

Maybe it's your narrow interpretation of the word 'tourists'. . .

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, sambum said:

Indeed it does! Remember the case of the rail employee that raped a young girl while drunk and under the influence of drugs, and then threw her off the train?

Rather than blame the recruiting system for employing someone with previous convictions for drink/drug induced crimes, the obvious knee jerk solution to the problem was? Ban alcohol on trains! 

Remember it well, did you know it does not apply to the orient express? 

15 hours ago, sambum said:

Yes remember it well. Of course it does not apply to the orient express! 

12 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

So why bother with the threat of jail time in the first place? What's with the violin playing?

The purpose of the jailtime option seems more to be a way to speed up and force through the fine option...:violin:

I.e. If you can choose between jailtime and a payout then the payout option feels more like a bargain...;)

The violin is just symbolic for a never ending story - a continous refrain, the sound of infinity...

1 hour ago, alant said:

Remember it well, did you know it does not apply to the orient express? 

Yes remember it well. Of course it does not apply to the orient express! 

Maybe you can smoke on the Orient Express as well!

On 12/4/2017 at 2:38 AM, ronrat said:

So when I visit the outlaws in Sakeow we normally go through a military controlled  elephant sanctuary to get to the village. Girlfriends Dad drives and I make a hole in a 6 pack of Singha Light. You reckon the soldiers are going to bother stopping all the local cars in case someone is drinking a beer. Is it a National Park? Never been pulled over.

your already breaking the law by drinking in a car.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2012/08/now-illegal-to-drink-beer-in-vehicles-in-thailand/

On 12/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, spectrumisgreen said:

Yeah, been there, seen that, so I do get the perceived notion of the 'Powers That Be' that alcohol to excess can help stir up emnity, uneasy feelings, and such - though I'd claim I personally just get a little 'high' on  my surroundings and my friends within it after a few! -  but you just get a sense that these things come out now and again totally just to SEEM like something positive being enacted towards public H&S by the govt, when in fact its really just about putting more shackles on folks in general. Yes, some of these 'merrymakers' are always going to be dodgy types, but thats by nature rather than simply because of alcohol 'any other vice, and clearly such folk will remain amongst us, regardless. Ultimately, however, the lawmakers will always use their very existence as an excuse to enforce ever more restrictive measures on those who just want to, very sociably, have a nice time of it!!! (There, this Monday morning's diatribe over.. back to my tea!)... :wai::coffee1:

Well, it's just as true that most drivers who've had a drink or two won't kill anybody you care about, and  possibly most who drink in NPs actually take their empties away and sober up by the time they get down to the parking areas.

While by *your* 'getting the sense,' when government takes measures toward road safety or the notion that the Nature of NPs  is improved by the absence  of empties of chang and mekhong, both whole and in pieces,  or that the peacefulness of parks is lessened by those dodgy types whose inability to mix civil behavior with alcohol is unrevealed   . . until  . . they get to drinking , why,  'in actuality,' it is those dastardly govt oppressors at it again, putting the chains on innocent tipplers.

Edited by max2u

On 12/4/2017 at 4:38 AM, bluesofa said:

Ha ha!

Apart from when I've asked as to why my food costs more than if a Thai ordered it: You're bigger, you eat more.

Also when querying why the traditional Thai massage cost me 300 Baht and not 200 Baht for a Thai: You've got a bigger body, I have to do more work.

Ummm . .   Thai massage is not merely waving the hands about upon the skin; there is a significant amount of concentration of mind and muscle by the massage provider in the process of doing a proper session. One can not do a spot here and there and call it "done"  unless one refers to a so-called massage that is actually sex working.  Is your body no bigger than an average Thai's body?