Audi lineup in Thailand

frankphuket

It seems that the new dealer for Audi in Thailand is getting serious. The line up they are importing is pretty good and so are the prices, especially in view of fully imported models.

The TT with quattro is about 3.199, the newly just introduced A4 Avant comes with quattro and 252 hp engine in full black edition trim, for 3.29m. A Benz C-Class estate without quattro and lower specs comes at 3.69m.

From what i heard is that they are trying to get more dealers outside of Bangkok, next year Phuket is supposed to open.

Wish they would also take over the rest of the VW group, like VW, Skoda, Seat as there are some nice cars....and I for one like some 'flavour' in the otherwise rather bland Japanese car mix here in Thailand....

Nothing against them, it is just that not much interesting engines are available here....

Time will tell Frank.  Audi and VW always seem to have plans to improve / expand dealers but have struggled to implement. 

Strange that Audi, BMW and Mercedes think that a station wagon is worth more than the sedan version.  I guess that is why the wagons are so rare in LOS. 

1 hour ago, Jitar said:

Strange that Audi, BMW and Mercedes think that a station wagon is worth more than the sedan version. 

I always thought that estate cars, station wagons or shooting brakes were always more expensive due to having significantly more bodywork, being heavier and having the 5th door? Don't recall ever seeing a bigger variant of the same model being cheaper. I haven't bought an Audi in the UK or anywhere else for that matter but the 5-door Chrysler 300C 'wagon' was always more expensive than the 4-door versions.

1 hour ago, Jitar said:

I guess that is why the wagons are so rare in LOS. 

It's because of the big side windows. You can't have a window that big less than 1 meter from an adjacent window and you certainly can't park one alongside another one or else you'll get a ticket.

...or maybe that's the Thai building code I'm getting confused with.

This is still for sale down Pattaya way for less than half-a-mill.

olds_wagon.jpg.2ecdef276b673abeba4313afa639322d.jpg

Audi is helping Audi Thailand out by giving them very good prices for cars so they can compete with BMW and Mercedes. There was an article about it a while back, hence you see very competitive prices compare to BMW and Mercedes.

Unfortunately Audi Thailand still cannot sell its cars with modern safety technology. All radar-based feature like adaptive cruise control are not (yet) available in Thailand.

This is a shame for such expensive cars. Even the Mazda CX-3 is available with adaptive cruise control.

16 hours ago, juehoe said:

Unfortunately Audi Thailand still cannot sell its cars with modern safety technology. All radar-based feature like adaptive cruise control are not (yet) available in Thailand.

This is a shame for such expensive cars. Even the Mazda CX-3 is available with adaptive cruise control.

Some Mercedes models do have adaptive cruise control, so it is only a matter of time before Audi and BMW will follow suit.

The stop and go distance control for heavy traffic apparently don't work very well in Bangkok traffic where motorcycles constant navigate between cars and cause the break to jerk.

Good to hear that Audi is expanding. I like their new Q5. 

Do the OP by any chance have a complete Audi price list?

18 hours ago, juehoe said:

Really?  than get a real car like Volvo:) I got it all. 

I have automatic cc in my Mitsubishi 

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Some Mercedes models do have adaptive cruise control, so it is only a matter of time before Audi and BMW will follow suit.

The stop and go distance control for heavy traffic apparently don't work very well in Bangkok traffic where motorcycles constant navigate between cars and cause the break to jerk.

Good to hear that Audi is expanding. I like their new Q5. 

Do the OP by any chance have a complete Audi price list?

he does...any for once it is also easy to find on their website....for me I like the value of the Audi A4 Avant with quattro and all specs and the TT, both just a tad above 3m with better engines than the offerings from BMW and Benz....at least in my opinion. Also I do believe those are complete import and not assembled here in Thailand, which "might" add to the quality. Mercedes Benz Thailand still can't fix my less than a year GLC250 studdering and rubbing wipers!!! Not too impressed!

Audi_Pricelist_Vertical.pdf

1 hour ago, frankphuket said:

he does...any for once it is also easy to find on their website....for me I like the value of the Audi A4 Avant with quattro and all specs and the TT, both just a tad above 3m with better engines than the offerings from BMW and Benz....at least in my opinion. Also I do believe those are complete import and not assembled here in Thailand, which "might" add to the quality. Mercedes Benz Thailand still can't fix my less than a year GLC250 studdering and rubbing wipers!!! Not too impressed!

Audi_Pricelist_Vertical.pdf

The A4 quattro with the 1984 cc is by far superior to the A6 with its tiny 1798 cc engine.

The Q5 45 quattro could be a good buy for 2 million baht on the secondary market in 3-4 years.

TT are like the BMW Z4 too small for me.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:48 PM, juehoe said:

Majority of the Thais don't use cruise control, so I don't think its a big issue.

Living on Phuket I use it regularly.

We just got our new Mazda CX-5 and adaptive cruise control helps really on the motorway.

The older CX-5 had conventional cruise control, which was not so easy to use in Thailand.

Adaptive cruise control is a safety feature for me, not only a comfort feature. And it should be included in aa car which costs over 4 million Baht - like all other modern active safety features (blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, automatic emergency braking etc.).

• 2 weeks later...