Woman returned from abroad to find her Pattaya condo full of someone else's stuff

webfact

Woman returned from abroad to find her Pattaya condo full of someone else's stuff

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a Pattaya condo owner who bought her property in 2015 then went abroad to live. On return recently she found it had been opened up and was full of someone else's possessions.

The woman went on Facebook to complain. The condo is in Soi Khao Talo.

Sanook went to the condo in question and spoke to the sales staff who declined to be interviewed formally.

Though they said they had met with the woman in question and told her that they had no keys in the office - all those were with the owner.

They apparently asked her if she wanted to make a case and she declined.

They said they were mystified that she then went on Facebook to post about the issue.

Further attempts to contact the poster have failed, they said.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-05

On 05/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, trogers said:

Sh*t happens when owners don't change their locks and give a set of keys to condo staff or even close friends.

A warning too to those owners at overseas and letting local agents to lease out their condos.

As far as leaving keys with the office this may be in the rules, I know that if they do not have keys they may force entry, ie water leaking in to the condo below, or bad smell coming from the condo, my suggestion would be to leave keys at the office in a sealed envelope.

Maybe fit a hotel key card lock that has an audit trail, memorises every time the door is opened or closed, and which key cards are used.

37 minutes ago, Basil B said:

As far as leaving keys with the office this may be in the rules, I know that if they do not have keys they may force entry, ie water leaking in to the condo below, or bad smell coming from the condo, my suggestion would be to leave keys at the office in a sealed envelope.

Maybe fit a hotel key card lock that has an audit trail, memorises every time the door is opened or closed, and which key cards are used.

What water leak when you off the main valve at the meter?

40 minutes ago, trogers said:

What water leak when you off the main valve at the meter?

Not everybody bothers to see the water is turned of when they vacate.

Even if the water can be turned off I assume the condominium management have a right of entry to:

• Turn the water off
  • Clean up any remaining water to minimize damage
  • Investigate make sure it is coming from that condo and not the one above

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

Not everybody bothers to see the water is turned of when they vacate.

Even if the water can be turned off I assume the condominium management have a right of entry to:

• Turn the water off
  • Clean up any remaining water to minimize damage
  • Investigate make sure it is coming from that condo and not the one above

The main valve and meter is in a service shaft along the corridor, and not in the condo unit. That's how they read the meter every month without knocking on your door.

I own condos in 3 projects and have never encounter any rule that my keys have to be deposited at the lobby or juristic office. It's not a hotel. You can get the office to turn off the main water valve. Not any bother to owners who prepare for a long period of travel.

Imagine what would happen to buildings should the home owners not bother to turn off their gas valves in HK or Singapore. And they don't have lobbies and juristic offices to deposit keys.

Edited by trogers
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 9:27 AM, tingtongtourist said:

Now that is no sanook.

I wager this thread will turn into

rent vs buy argument.

My vote: RENT

She bought the conso and the staff rented it out when she was gone and kept the money  i agree rent vs buy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coconutman said:

She bought the conso and the staff rented it out when she was gone and kept the money  i agree rent vs buy

Well yes, this is one occurance that maybe not happen very often

but just look at all the other bad things that can go wrong.

-horror neighbours

-duristic bad management

-cant sell, lost money on sale

-visa problem 

Even some guys report restrictions and trouble getting money out of the country after a sale.

To much monkey business

On 12/5/2017 at 9:41 AM, BEVUP said:

Wants to make no case then spreads it all over Face Book

Inside job - but got a surprise when she came back unanounced 

I hope for her own sake she's gone back abroad because she'll get sued for defamation for posting it all over Facebook:giggle:

• 3 months later...
On 06/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, thaitero said:

When i am away Thailand several months, i usually go condo-office and pay deposit for waterbill, maby common fee etc.. They usually always ask how long i am going to be away,.. I never tell them, i am away long time.. Usually i say, I do not know, maby some days or some months..

I think it the best way, you never to who (maby wrong person) somebody from office tells that farang is away from his home,,

Agree.  Or reinforce the door and add an expensive deadlock. Or two!!!!! Anything to make it harder for them, like a visible steering lock.on a car.

On 06/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, thaitero said:

When i am away Thailand several months, i usually go condo-office and pay deposit for waterbill, maby common fee etc.. They usually always ask how long i am going to be away,.. I never tell them, i am away long time.. Usually i say, I do not know, maby some days or some months..

I think it the best way, you never to who (maby wrong person) somebody from office tells that farang is away from his home,,

Agree.  Or reinforce the door and add an expensive deadlock. Or two!!!!! Anything to make it harder for them, like a visible steering lock.on a car.