Trump tells Mideast leaders he will move embassy to Jerusalem, breaking with U.S. policy

webfact

Well.....let's wait for Trump's full announcement/text first.

It is not a smart move, I think ; but I doubt it will spark a war or any major conflict.  Maybe  a few countries will cut off diplomatic relations with Israel. They probably won't dare do the cut-off with the US though :)

As for it affecting the peace process, I say what peace process ? :)  It has been virtually dead for quite some time :(

One interesting thing to wait for would be regarding which countries will follow the US in moving their embassies to Jerusalem. I am guessing that there will be quite a few, including some European ones. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jsinbkk said:

Obama solved nothing. Trump is right putting a stake through the heart of the "peace process "

time to tell the Arabs we get things our way or the highway. 

yes ! god bless donald trump....nomixed gender generals , build the wall ( or try to ) , and let america take pride again....hard guy to like on a personal level , but so what ....its about time we had a patriot running the white house again 

2 minutes ago, jimmyaaa said:

yes ! god bless donald trump....nomixed gender generals , build the wall ( or try to ) , and let america take pride again....hard guy to like on a personal level , but so what ....its about time we had a patriot running the white house again 

A patriot is someone willing to make sacrifices for his country. You know like maybe putting his investments in a blind trust instead of using his office to make a profit.

19 minutes ago, JemJem said:

It is not a smart move, I think ; but I doubt it will spark a war or any major conflict.  Maybe  a few countries will cut off diplomatic relations with Israel. They probably won't dare do the cut-off with the US though :)

As for it affecting the peace process, I say what peace process ? :)  It has been virtually dead for quite some time :(

One interesting thing to wait for would be regarding which countries will follow the US in moving their embassies to Jerusalem. I am guessing that there will be quite a few, including some European ones. 

Which countries would those be? And what would they have to gain from it?

Patriot means white nationalist racist dog whistling Nazi normalizing isolationist xenophobic homophobic inequality promoting health care destroying Twitter troll?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Patriot means white nationalist racist dog whistling Nazi normalizing isolationist xenophobic homophobic inequality promoting health care destroying Twitter troll?

Amazing! Donald Trump Makes the biggest proIsraeli decision for an American president since Truman and you call him a Nazi!

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.827146?v=8907D59C56840E5D1B0CE442175A7459

26 minutes ago, Jsinbkk said:

Amazing! Donald Trump Makes the biggest proIsraeli decision for an American president since Truman and you call him a Nazi!

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.827146?v=8907D59C56840E5D1B0CE442175A7459

I did not. Don't reply to my posts again if you're going to be so blatantly DISHONEST. I know it's very trumpian to disregard reality but we get enough of that from trump itself. 

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

true racism exposed...yes hes white...yes obama was black....but god is still great and trump will make our country strong again and this cant be denied by any true american that loves his country.....its very obvious

6 minutes ago, jimmyaaa said:

true racism exposed...yes hes white...yes obama was black....but god is still great and trump will make our country strong again and this cant be denied by any true american that loves his country.....its very obvious

That's the thing about trumpism. "True American" means white, straight, male, and protestant. He's divided the country more than it's been since the civil war. Yes it was very divided in the Vietnam war era. But it's worse now. Thank you twitter troll president. 

Max Boot says it better than I can:

"Anything but kind of a normal mainstream American, because of the way that he is dividing us and balkanizing us and seems to be catering to this white nationalist agenda."

http://www.edition.cnn.com/2017/12/03/us/max-boot-foreigner-gps-cnntv/index.html

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

It may not spark a major war but it would not surprise me if individual Americans and businesses are targeted over seas. There are a few American resturant/guesthouses I will be steering clear of for awhile.  

17 minutes ago, pegman said:

It may not spark a major war but it would not surprise me if individual Americans and businesses are targeted over seas. There are a few American resturant/guesthouses I will be steering clear of for awhile.  

Done deal.

Finally a President with some cahones who is not afraid to look at the old messes in a new way. 

Remember Obama always pondering but never acctully doing anything? 

Look out China!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/world/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-israel-capital.html?referer=https://news.google.com/

So now Israel by US recognition of Jerusalem as their Capital can claim all of Jerusalem. And from that annex the West Bank. Shiite and Sunni now again can focus on the traditional threat. The move may stabilise the middle East but will not help the peace process. One again the Palestinian people are the pawns in the game.

Trump delivers the Muslim World into Russian hands and continues to push the Asian Pacific Nations more towards China.

America will be great again but only in its own Border.

Trump has completed his great wall.

16 hours ago, Jsinbkk said:

Trump is a man of action, willing to go against status quo. It's about time we supported our allies and told the radical Islamic Nuts to get stuffed. 

What did Obama do in eight years?  Nothing

Nothing is far better than making a stupid , self serving decision that may well spark even more trouble and loss of life in the Middle East. One day you Trump boys are going to wise up and realise what an incredibly dumb and selfish person you are supporting , he will throw you lot under the bus soon enough !

11 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Well lets face it, they (the arabs) hate USA and the western world anyway. 

You've not spent much time in the Middle East?  Most don't hate the US and the Western world.  The radicals do.  They hate everybody.

25 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

You've not spent much time in the Middle East?  Most don't hate the US and the Western world.  The radicals do.  They hate everybody.

I don't need to travel to the Middle East to figure that out. My country has been invaded by them and to say that they like us or accept our way of living is just a dream.

13 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I don't need to travel to the Middle East to figure that out. My country has been invaded by them and to say that they like us or accept our way of living is just a dream.

At least you've admitted you've not been there.  Without being there, you've got no idea what it's really like.

Perhaps the invasions were a reason they hate the US? LOL

31 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

At least you've admitted you've not been there.  Without being there, you've got no idea what it's really like.

Perhaps the invasions were a reason they hate the US? LOL

I haven't been to N. Korea, but I know they hate the U.S...Not because they are radicalized but because they have been indoctrinated into believing the United States is the great Satin. They know nothing about the U.S... Only what they are told to believe. 

Children in Middle Eastern Countries attend Mosque and they learn whatever the Clerics teach them. Happens in the Mosque in the U.S. too.  

I worked in the middle east and you are correct that not all hate the U.S... Even those that say they do would kill to get a visa to go to America.

Edited by PhonThong

Well there you go.  In one foul swoop Trump has singlehandedly destroyed any chance of the USA being a middle east peace broker and ruined what was to be fair the myth of American neutrality between the Israelis and arabs.

Aside of being a truly repugnant individual what a horrific reflection is his election on the American voter!!!  Yes i know the equally loathsome Hilary Clinton was the other choice but who not abstain?

How did this cretinous vile born with a silver spoon racist narcissist become president?  Its just horrific.

41 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

I haven't been to N. Korea, but I know they hate the U.S...Not because they are radicalized but because they have been indoctrinated into believing the United States is the great Satin. They know nothing about the U.S... Only what they are told to believe. 

Children in Middle Eastern Countries attend Mosque and they learn whatever the Clerics teach them. Happens in the Mosque in the U.S. too.  

I worked in the middle east and you are correct that not all hate the U.S... Even those that say they do would kill to get a visa to go to America.

As you say, they don't hate the US.  Kim does.  And spreads BS propaganda.  Once they are free of that, they are just like everybody else.  Just want to have a good life and take care of their family.

Like you say, it's not the people that are the problem, it's the government...and the religious leaders!

Dictators need to have a boogie man for the masses to hate, so they don't hate the dictator! LOL

13 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There are about 4 recent individual threads here on T.Visa which related to Trump's plan re; Jerusalem.  All threads claim that foreigners are unhappy about the announcement.  Who likes it, besides some Israelis?   Is Trump capable of doing anything right?  

You are, of course, ignoring many of Trump's supporters who are all for this.

7 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

So now Israel by US recognition of Jerusalem as their Capital can claim all of Jerusalem. And from that annex the West Bank. Shiite and Sunni now again can focus on the traditional threat. The move may stabilise the middle East but will not help the peace process. One again the Palestinian people are the pawns in the game.

Trump delivers the Muslim World into Russian hands and continues to push the Asian Pacific Nations more towards China.

America will be great again but only in its own Border.

Trump has completed his great wall.

Newsflash: Israel already annexed Eastern Jerusalem 37 years ago. Trump's statement does not explicitly support the Israeli annexation, and even made a reference to current conditions not being final status. It does not includes anything which supports the hyperbole assertion "and from that annex the West Bank". 

The notion that this would somehow serve to bridge the Shia-Sunni divide is far fetched, as was evidenced on pretty much all other past instances related to Jerusalem. No idea how or why you imagine this move will stabilize the ME.

Russia reasserting itself in the ME does have a lot to do with Trump foreign policy (or lack of), but its roots can also be traced back to the former administration (and, of course, to Putin's own efforts).

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Oh Oh, POTUS is gonna get those Palestinians and Arabs upset at the western world.  You just can't make this up.

Clearly you are new to english In that language we have something called the comparative degree. For example: POTUS is gonna get those Palestinians and Arabs more upset at the western world.

Also, you might want to study geography. The USA is not coterminous with the western world.

Edited by ilostmypassword

13 hours ago, jimmyaaa said:

god is still great

In Arabic it's “Allahu Akbar" - God is great.

Often shouted by Islamic jihadists when they attack.

A rather curious statement if made by a Christian.

Is then Trump the champion of a Christian jihad?