Video: "Kind Pattaya Cop" has kids sing Thai national anthem instead of helmet fine

webfact

Video: "Kind Pattaya Cop" has kids sing Thai national anthem instead of helmet fine

3pm.jpg

Manager Online

Thai media reported that a story was being widely shared about a kind Pattaya policeman who let seven teens off with a warning after they were stopped for not wearing helmets.

The teens on three bikes in South Pattaya were made to sing the Thai national anthem instead, said Manager.

Officer Woraphan Kaewmorakot said the force were being stricter on licences and helmets lately.

But seeing as it was Father's Day yesterday and the teens did not intend to break the law he decided to let them off with a warning and sing the anthem instead.

A video showed the teens singing the anthem then raising their fists in a "chaiyo" (victory) salute. The two boys among the seven seemed to take it a little more seriously than the girls.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-06

Sets a fine example to others (NOT !).

Great deterrent, and as  all nationals know the words, why bother wearing a helmet ?

As far as I am aware, there is no law saying that not wearing a helmet is an offence punishable by a fine, of no less than 200 baht, or a quick rendition of the Thai national anthem ! :clap2:

At the end of the day, if a couple of those kids start wearing a helmet because they "want to", rather than they "have to", the cop may have achieved something.

Fine the kids as per the enforcement of the law, it creates an "us and them" situation, the kids feel picked on, resent the police etc.

Some national pride, public humiliation and a favour from the police may "in the long term" result in the kids wearing a helmet because they want to.

A good chance that message will stay with them longer than a forgotten 200 baht fine.

Edited by Peterw42

But seeing as it was Father's Day yesterday and the teens did not intend to break the law he decided to let them off with a warning and sing the anthem instead.

Something lost in translation here...........they weren't wearing helmets, hence the law has been broken!

42 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Something lost in translation here...........they weren't wearing helmets, hence the law has been broken!

I sense that the mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice is being aroused. Look out, BiB. Get ready for a long thread full of self-righteousness.

pointing-finger.jpg.3e93cc20dcfd48695221526783290f00.jpg

Edited by JSixpack

And then he "kindly" let them go off and potentially kill themselves. It seems to me that when people are stopped for not wearing helmets, or who are drink-driving, the cops fine then and then let them continue on their way in the same manner.

In the space of 15 minutes last night 61 Thais drove past me not wearing a helmet. This a great idea, they could have the worlds biggest choir instead of the worlds highest death toll. Could even rival the Vienna Boys and make LOS the hub of singing. 

This aspect of Thai society which is all 'cutesy' on the surface is an accurate measure of the childish mentality of many here.... Aww... they didn't mean to break the law... its so juvenile that the ineffective police lack the emotional tools to respond professionally... 

If any of these kids now die as a result of being in an accident and not wearing their helmet this Police officer is at least in some part culpable for failing to enforce the law and sending out the message that the law will not be properly enforced... 

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Although I would not be caught without my helmet here in Aus, should I be subjected to this punishment I would fail as I wouldn't get past the first verse of Advance Australia Fair.

M8... let me help

you got the first verse, right?

the rest goes.... “mumble mumble something mumble mumble”

there ya go... all fixed.... but... wear your hell mutt! ?

2 hours ago, biggles45 said:

In the space of 15 minutes last night 61 Thais drove past me not wearing a helmet. This a great idea, they could have the worlds biggest choir instead of the worlds highest death toll. Could even rival the Vienna Boys and make LOS the hub of singing. 

But if you had taken 61 photos and given them to the police, you may have gotten 61 X whatever the grass fee is.

or did we find that this was reserved for Thais?

This has probably got more publicity and a stronger message than a 200 baht fine. Yes they need to follow it up in the future but it’s the first piece of the jigsaw and an awareness thing more than punishment for kids. Gotta start somewhere.

Edit: won’t be long before someone wants the parents jailed with 100 lashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Very bad. You are killing the country. You have to fine them. They already know the law about wearing a helmet and they break it. So fine hem. It will keep them safer in future

Your SO wrong, This they Will remember , not a fine

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk