"Starboy" - top Nigerian scammer - among latest arrests in Thai PM's crackdown

webfact

So Thai police arrest a foreigner who is using a fake profile online and asking for money - under the emotional cover of people seeking a relationship.

What is the specific net difference between this and the many 1,000's of female Thai's who seek out a foriegner for 'love' when have no real intention of a relationship except to take as much money, property and assets as they and there families can get away with. The learning curve for some foreigners is so painful they comit suicide. In my three years in this country I have witnessed at first hand how cunning and devious these people can be.

Just a observation.

9 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

The funniest part is that if you deport them, they will come with new passport carrying a different name. Just give them a lengthily sentence here. This will stop the network the one arrested are doing.  

Just make sure they are fingerprinted on the way out from  lengthy term in a Thai prison! Then a change of name and passport should make it not so easy to return!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

If you’re looking for ‘love’, then look for love. Once people start mentioning cash, jewellery, iPhones and diamonds, etc, it becomes monetary. That’s not love. 

cash, jewellery, iPhones and diamonds

That is what every Thai bird asks for and you know it.

• Sad 1

My Thai mate, was contacted by the scammer claiming to be a retiring female marine who wanted to send him money (15000000 Baht) so they did not have to declare it before retiring in Thailand.

The interesting thing was once they realised his English was limited they switched to correctly written Thai. 

Fortunately he brought it to my attention and had ceased correspondence. 

Throw the scammer (them) in the monkey house for a year or so then deport.

On 08/12/2017 at 9:45 AM, worgeordie said:

No wonder they set up in Thailand,plenty greedy people for the

financial scams,proven by the almost daily scams by Thais on

Thais,and horny old men for the "Love" scams,deport them and

just let the Thais scam their own.

regards Worgeordie

Sorry to disagree with you as I usually agree with your views, lock the barstewards up in a Thai jail for 20 years and THEN deport them. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Unfortunately, there are legitimate types of relationship that follow this pattern. Usually involving a man over 50 and a girl around 20. It's obviously more about money (although the men may not think so for some reason), so there are people ripe for exploitation.

In all fairness it's not just confined to Thai women around 20 years old. My opinion is (for what it's worth) the more head turning attractive they are the higher the rental contract agreement. 

20 hours ago, Winky Wilson said:

RTP are cleaning up the house fast. Nice. These thieves affect many families around the world. Scum of the world.

Yes.....in all their guises

Nigerian romance scammers

British, Canadian, Dutch, South African boiler room scammers

The latter pull down more money in a day than the Nigerians do in a year.

They own swathes of the farang-oriented skin-trade that sexpatriates and sex tourists swill beer and hire prostitutes at.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shart said:

So Thai police arrest a foreigner who is using a fake profile online and asking for money - under the emotional cover of people seeking a relationship.

What is the specific net difference between this and the many 1,000's of female Thai's who seek out a foriegner for 'love' when have no real intention of a relationship except to take as much money, property and assets as they and there families can get away with. The learning curve for some foreigners is so painful they comit suicide. In my three years in this country I have witnessed at first hand how cunning and devious these people can be.

Just a observation.

Yes........an idiotic one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

All african people are is a sort of criminal way off living.

I don't know one person who makes a honest living, the all steal, rip off, deal drugs and scam.

Wow, what a stable, balanced and intelligent comment

:laugh:

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2017 at 9:23 AM, ezzra said:

Good riddance, scumbags, filth of the earth, and there're many of his ilk

wasting the air of this country, those maggots should be dealt with

with the harshest penalties under the law.. show no mercy....

Turn them all back at airport and all points of entry. Put a ban on all of them. You need Trump to tell you what you need to do to keep skum out of Thailand or at least try. If they can't figure out who to turn back start with the black ones.

Edited by taipan1949
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

If they can't figure out who to turn back start with the black ones.

Well if you're condoning racial profiling, I think they'd be better off starting with the white paedophiles.

I mean, what's lower than interfering with children?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, Bluespunk said:

I’m not sure what you are ranting about, however let me explain (what I honestly thought was obvious from my post) that I was explicitly saying the phrase i quoted from the article was racist. 

Are you the chief of the racist police Blue spunk?  Jesus H!  Who gives a toss if you think someone is making a racist statement?  Do you also monitor statements made by people other than white Caucasians to find if they are racist?  Is it a crime to view the majority of people from a particular country as less than acceptable to world society?

40 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

Are you the chief of the racist police Blue spunk?  Jesus H!  Who gives a toss if you think someone is making a racist statement?  Do you also monitor statements made by people other than white Caucasians to find if they are racist?  Is it a crime to view the majority of people from a particular country as less than acceptable to world society?

A: no. 

B:: use my username correctly. Not a request. 

C: I mind. 

D: I don’t monitor anything, but yes I would comment on any racist, bigoted post I saw. 

E: yes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

Hmm you're a smart one........

"Majority of people"??

Just because Nigerians in Thailand are up to no good, how does that translate to the majority being "less than acceptable to world society"?

I remember when the British had a reputation for travelling the world, getting pissed out of their heads and putting the boots to people for supporting a particular football team.

Would it have been fair to say that the majority of Brits were less than acceptable to world society?

Some rather shocking and disappointing posts here that are tarnished with prejudice, racism or xenophibia...why guys  ? 

I won't venture in giving morale lessons to anybody, but is it that difficult to accept that you have good and bad people anywhere and everywhere?

Yes, it is normal and human nature to put all in the same basket when similar and specific issues stigmatise a specific nationality, but it is foolish, mean and nasty to consider that they are all bad.

How would you feel if a Thai on a street starts ranting you as a horrible farang, just because the chap may have read numerous stories on the misconduct of  some farangs in Thailand ?

Many seem to forget that we are also those awful foreigners here in Thailand and it seems ironic to start importing one's racist attitudes from the homeland in a foreign country. Relax guys...life and people are much more worth then that.

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...