Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

59 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I’d guess a large percentage of foreigners in Thailand have been married before, and may well have children already. It surprises me that they would choose to do so again when they arrive, much older, in SE Asia. You can still have children and maintain some control over you’re asets  .... I think the biggest risk is to entrust a large percentage of your personal wealth with a new, probably much younger, bride. The famous Ted’s story, the My Thai Bride documentary, being a case in point. He was of course a very foolish man. As for selecting the right person, I’m pretty sure Ted thought he had. The problem with being an idiot is that you don’t know you are one. And the best con artists are the one’s you least suspect, many of whom play the long game. My point is why take the risk? 

Well, there you go again with your aversion to marriage based on your opinion that it will end poorly. Yours seems the typical lament I hear from so many foreign men; you just can't trust them women; they will lie, cheat, and steal. I think it matters little how old the man or the woman are; if they are compatible. As it is in any good relationship, there has to be more to it than just money for sex.   The problem I see is that too many men, young and old, use their little heads for thinking.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, stigar said:

I been married to a thai 11 years..2 kids together..she divorced me after 5 years in norway where she and our kids stay now..i built a house in Surin and bougth a car..she paid half..the house i built cost only 300.000 bath..car 720.000 bath...she learned me to speak thai and kamer...not all girls are the same..some is genuine and honest..her new bf is a thai from Surin..he asking her for money all the time for this and that..i think the money goes to him and his thaiwife..rigth..he is still married to a thailady...he visit her this year here in norway but run back to Surin after 5 weeks here..we share custody of our kids..so no childsupport involved...she have a good paid job here..shes a former bargirl..but that doesnt matter for me because we who buy sex is not better then them...she bougth her own house in norway last year..stay only 400 m from my home...the story the guy telling here have 2 sides i think...weapon in his car?????im sure there is more to this story 

.but that doesnt matter for me because we who buy sex is not better then them..

Are you old enough to buy beer?

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

No! A Usufruct is not going to save a marriage nor have I ever made a claim to that. All I am saying is that a Usufruct is much better than signing everything over to your wife and having nothing at all or any claim over the property. 

I don't know your friend or his story. I do know many men even in the West who walked away from a broken marriage with only a suitcase. Not because they may have been able to walk away with more if they fought it. But only because they were tiered of fighting about it. 

You feel a Usufruct is useful - up to you, I prefer the suitcase approach if pointed to the exit stage left.

Just now, stigar said:

yup..im 55

Perhaps you should have visited a brothel more often, me thinks. Sex is only something dirty when you implement something dirty.

What's wrong with women who work in a brothel and men who pay for sex, without falling in love?  

14 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, there you go again with your aversion to marriage based on your opinion that it will end poorly. Yours seems the typical lament I hear from so many foreign men; you just can't trust them women; they will lie, cheat, and steal. I think it matters little how old the man or the woman are; if they are compatible. As it is in any good relationship, there has to be more to it than just money for sex.   The problem I see is that too many men, young and old, use their little heads for thinking.

Marriage is fine if you have little to lose by doing so, but a huge risk (in any country) if you have a bit more to lose should things go wrong ... and as someone who routinely bumps into former classmates on their second and third marriage, the divorce risk is very real, and not just in Thailand. The older you are the more difficult it is to recover from ... and as that corresponds to most foreigners in Thailand, my view is that it's a risk not worth taking. If the relationship works it will still work minus a bit of paper.   

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Perhaps you should have visited a brothel more often, me thinks. Sex is only something dirty when you implement something dirty.

What's wrong with women who work in a brothel and men who pay for sex, without falling in love?  

U misunderstand me..i never look down to any people..past is past...sex without love is just passion..everyone have their needs sometimes..and thats ok

Just now, AlexRich said:

Marriage is fine if you have little to lose by doing so, but a huge risk (in any country) if you have a bit more to lose should things go wrong ... and as someone who routinely bumps into former classmates on their second and third marriage, the divorce risk is very real, and not just in Thailand. The older you are the more difficult it is to recover from ... and as that corresponds to most foreigners in Thailand, my view is that it's a risk not worth taking. If the relationship works it will still work minus a bit of paper.   

Well, now there you go thinking you have to marry a poor girl who will try to get your money. Why not marry a rich girl, or at least one who can support herself, but actually wants to be with you. Just because there are lots of fools, does not mean you should be afraid, unless you too are a fool.

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

to many married to fast...if u dont use time to know echother.. good and bad habbits it will go to hell..i meet a couple in Bangkok who speak wery bad to echother the day after they married..i have never ever heard a thailady speak so bad in public to her husband..he did the same to her..

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, now there you go thinking you have to marry a poor girl who will try to get your money. Why not marry a rich girl, or at least one who can support herself, but actually wants to be with you. Just because there are lots of fools, does not mean you should be afraid, unless you too are a fool.

Rich girls dont need us..he-he..my new gf is a older lady with a totally different thinking compared to my ex..she work 12 hour everyday..honest..loyal..i know her for 9 years before we get together as a couple

10 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Why are you obsessed with marriage? I can't see any advantage in it. As for fools, there's no fool like an old fool ... just ask the guy from Norway!

11 minutes ago, stigar said:

to many married to fast...if u dont use time to know echother.. good and bad habbits it will go to hell..i meet a couple in Bangkok who speak wery bad to echother the day after they married..i have never ever heard a thailady speak so bad in public to her husband..he did the same to her..

Have to written a book about good functioning relationships? 

19 minutes ago, 473geo said:

You feel a Usufruct is useful - up to you, I prefer the suitcase approach if pointed to the exit stage left.

Easy to say you will do something different, when something like this never happened to you before. But when it does you may take a different approach. Just like the many who were before you and now has had this happen to them. 

What you seem to fail to understand is that a Usufruct is not an insurance policy on your marriage, and prevents this from breaking down. Nor does it guarantee you will get all your money back on a property you buy in Thailand. A Divorce Court can change all that if the Usufruct is with your wife anyway. 

But what a Usufruct does do is put your name on a legal document at the Land Office which entitles you to the use of the property for as long as you live. Whether you live there or not is up to you and you circumstances. In my book, and for a few hundred dollars it cost you to do it, it is well worth that to me.  You name remains on the and Land Title even if she tries to sell it. 

Not all Thai Women are natural born killers. With this legal document at least you have something to barter with. With her name on the property, and you with not even a Usufruct, you have nothing to barter with at all.

Yes marriage is a gamble and a very big one at that. But this does not stop people from doing that. Some even a few times.  

24 minutes ago, stigar said:

Rich girls dont need us..he-he..my new gf is a older lady with a totally different thinking compared to my ex..she work 12 hour everyday..honest..loyal..i know her for 9 years before we get together as a couple

You fell in love with your masseuse gik, didn't you ;)

46 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Sex is only dirty when you're doing it right!!

8 minutes ago, coulson said:

You fell in love with your masseuse gik, didn't you ;)

Actually not my gik... she refuse my dinner invitations for years because i was married..after i get divorced she accepted..and after dinner she sleeped in my bed fully clothed all nigth..anyway after some days that changed..he-he..after that i have meet her family and her kids..they dont speak english..but i speak thai so no problems

17 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Easy to say you will do something different, when something like this never happened to you before. But when it does you may take a different approach. Just like the many who were before you and now has had this happen to them. 

What you seem to fail to understand is that a Usufruct is not an insurance policy on your marriage, and prevents this from breaking down. Nor does it guarantee you will get all your money back on a property you buy in Thailand. A Divorce Court can change all that if the Usufruct is with your wife anyway. 

But what a Usufruct does do is put your name on a legal document at the Land Office which entitles you to the use of the property for as long as you live. Whether you live there or not is up to you and you circumstances. In my book, and for a few hundred dollars it cost you to do it, it is well worth that to me.  You name remains on the and Land Title even if she tries to sell it. 

Not all Thai Women are natural born killers. With this legal document at least you have something to barter with. With her name on the property, and you with not even a Usufruct, you have nothing to barter with at all.

Yes marriage is a gamble and a very big one at that. But this does not stop people from doing that. Some even a few times.  

Look!! you wish to justify a usufruct? again up to you - for me it offers nothing!! a suitcase is really the way I operate, In my current situation all in Thailand belongs to my wife and children it is theirs. Do you understand? This means I do not have to worry about anything!! I have nothing to lose except their love for me. I have no wish to own anything. My life is not about ownership or money, it is about making those I love feel confident and happy.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

Same old story. Farlang invests large sums of money in Thailand on assets he can never own mostly based on trust and then gets screwed. Don`t tell me, his Thai wife/girlfriend is different from all the rest. When will they ever learn?

Don't worry, the money will soon come in thru a Gofundme page. Or perhaps a book and/or a movie? Only god knows.....

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Are you serious? You can have a great time in Thailand as a single man with a bit of capital and a steady income ... why jeapordise that by investing the bulk of your assets in land that you don’t legally own? As most foreigners in Thailand are past peak earning age they might find it impossible to recover from the kind of set back experienced by the man from Norway. Your “true love” may turn out to be anything but, and once again we see another wealth transfer from the naive to the unscrupulous. If you want to take that risk ... as they say in Thailand “up to you”!

If you want to grow to be a lonely old man spending all his time in a constant state of paranoia about his 'wealth'..... Up to you. 

I'm quite happy with my Thai wife and life in general. 

But I stuck to my rules...... Got a vasectomy at 55 - no way I wanted to father another child who likely would lose his Dad before he finished high school.  Second rule...... Don't be older than your in-laws. My MIL is nearly 80. Third rule - don't marry anyone more than 10 years younger than yourself. Young girls don't love old men no matter what the deluded men say. 

Works for me. 

6 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

If you want to grow to be a lonely old man spending all his time in a constant state of paranoia about his 'wealth'..... Up to you. 

I'm quite happy with my Thai wife and life in general. 

But I stuck to my rules...... Got a vasectomy at 55 - no way I wanted to father another child who likely would lose his Dad before he finished high school.  Second rule...... Don't be older than your in-laws. My MIL is nearly 80. Third rule - don't marry anyone more than 10 years younger than yourself. Young girls don't love old men no matter what the deluded men say. 

Works for me. 

No one is advocating a "constant state of paranoia", your words, never mine. That state of mind is hardly an issue for someone who has their assets under control, it is much more likely an issue for those that leave it with their wife to "take care" ... as many have learnt to their considerable cost. And what's wrong with a long term relationship with a girlfriend, why does anyone have to marry? There's no need to end up lonely ... something that can just as easily happen if you get divorced.

13 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Dem Scandis, some of the nicest, certainly most open and trusting people on the planet. When they come to Thailand and other endemically corrupt countries, they are like lambs to the slaughter. Seen it over and over.

Not all of us , we are also quite knowledgable and read about horror stories like this before we visit  , and take our time to find the right one and form a relationship. I speak of experience, like many other Scandinavians.  But there are fools everywhere , in any country , with money to spend. 

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

While there is reason in what you say about buying land; there are, of course, exceptions. Buying property in Thailand and registering it in the name of a Thai national you can trust seems prudent. Unfortunately, too many foreigners choose the wrong Thai woman, never get close enough to know their own children, and have no Thai they can trust. Hence, I suppose your second statement about marriage should also include children.

However, I do not share those fears of marriage and children; if you have the wherewithal to make the right choices. Consequently, I think you should remain single only if you do not want a life-partner and children or if you simply cannot be trusted to choose a good woman. Your criteria for selection of the proper woman is key to a successful relationship—and key to being able to choose what you want is having something to offer a woman other than money.  

Nonetheless, I do agree that you should keep your assets private and need not broadcast your wealth or show-off like a two-week millionaire.

Quote "........or if you simply cannot be trusted to choose a good woman. Your criteria for selection of the proper woman is key to a successful relationship":violin:
Correct me if I am wrong: 99,9% of people marry because they are sure they made the "right choice", but still the divorce-rate is around 50%.
Does that mean that 50% are not capable of making the "right choice" in the first place? (Your statement would indicate that).
- To me, a marriage is a gamble with only a 50% success-rate, meaning that only 50% made "the right chioce", the other 50% consist of immature dummies, uncapable of making "the right choice". (Your statement would indicate that).
- This puts me into the categorie of the immature dummies, since I thought twice in my life that "I made the right choice", with due dilligance, well understood.

There will not be a 3rd time. But glad you have been blessed with the infallible talent of making the "right choice", unlike millions of immature dummies. Respect! Be honest to yourself: You sat down at the Roulette-Table called life and you got lucky, that's all. Lucky devil you!
Cheers.

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

No one is advocating a "constant state of paranoia", your words, never mine. That state of mind is hardly an issue for someone who has their assets under control, it is much more likely an issue for those that leave it with their wife to "take care" ... as many have learnt to their considerable cost. And what's wrong with a long term relationship with a girlfriend, why does anyone have to marry? There's no need to end up lonely ... something that can just as easily happen if you get divorced.

Marriage legitimizes your relationship. If you are not married here, she's trash and you're just a tourist visiting your trash.

Thai's can do it here, you can have a partner at home but it's very different.

Should you care? Well, plenty of sociopaths here don't. There are a few that won't marry, many that can't. Even a washed up, middle aged bar girl wouldn't want the drama.

My parents were elated I got married, as we're my aunts and uncles. I know all my wife's family and her extensive network of friends respect me more, are more inclusive. I think at work as well. I feel I'm looked upon as having bought into the system, have an element of Thainess.

You think Thailand is your playground, the Thai know you think this as well and treat you accordingly. When you take the country seriously, they people will take you seriously. Until then, you're just another drunk with a backpack / rollbag chasing tail.

I bet there are scores of farang / Thai couples who introduce themselves and or simply state they are married bc they know at least inwardly this is all true.

You can guard financial assets and get a vasectomy (I had one in my late 30s).

I'm a very, very independent person quite fine with his own company but I'm happy I'm not growing old alone. My wife 15 years younger keeps me fit, active and caring about my health. She's genuinely the happiest person I've ever met.

The worst things I can come up with about her is she could clean a bit better (she does work 40+ hours), plays too much candy crush and brings home a new bag/backpack (300-1000) THB every month. Her parents cost me next to nothing, same her family.

Divorce rate is 50% in States as well, I'm sure same in all Western countries as it is here. If you outgrow each other, move on.

Yes, the guy is stupid but it's the woman that's the nasty piece of work here. You cannot put wives and especially gik in charge of your assets. Period.

18 hours ago, hansnl said:

They do.

And I very much believe him.

It's done before, many times.

And with a policeman in the game, certain!

Well, I put a smiley at the end of my post, so it was more an ironic remark, as some here always object if there are slightly negative news or comments about Thais. 

Actually, very recently, someone tried a very elaborative scam on me, just to con me out of 3 baht! (Well, I guess it does add up over time, if succesfully used on a number of people).

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Everything. Wake up, about dozen incurable diseases if not more. Perhaps as many half that will literally kill you. A knocking shop on every corner, as well as a vd clinic. This country has an excellent pro active public health care system - for a developing nation.

90% of the persons working in the sex trade are there bc of some overwhelming life changing event that has forced them into a life of having sex with unattractive strangers for small money.

Despite spending so much time in brothels you know nothing of the company you keep or the risks you face. Women in whorehouses are consigned to the fact they are diseased bags of sh** , accept their role and indignity and they have no problem spreading that risk to you. By walking into a brothel, implicit risk. The woman could have hiv and have no compunction having sex with you. I've heard women literally say to me that when they made the choice, it was suicide and they knew it worse yet, so did their families yet sent them on anyway.

Add to this all the old men that can't get a boner without 200mg of Viagra and not wearing a condom, it's a recipe for disaster. Then there's all the drunk young men and the pornographers sans condoms. You're all having sex with the same women or worse.

Finally, sex is messy. Quote all the stats you like about hiv and a myriad of other diseases but I'm really glad I don't have any of them. Not even herpes. What's a little herpes right? Why wear a condom, you're 65 and going to die in twenty years anyway.

Visiting <deleted>houses and pubs featuring girls is a soulless, life sucking affair. The pleasantries so stupid, banal and superficial. Only the most needy man enjoys such blather after being her a few years, let alone decades. The sex is often crap and it's proffered in a very pedestrian way.