PM Prayut promises villagers he will consider staying in power longer

webfact

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

All Chinese money spinners built by China. The economy if FD. Tourism.is FD. Chinese buses operating in unroadworthy state destroying the environment and roads. NO police reforms bank audits nothing all a farce. The corrupt little man feasting. Using the computer.crime.law to silence intelligent

A disgusting election delayer denying Thais for rights. You can name your family it doesn't change anything

NO one's listening to you

Thanks, great words. Let's stop answering his idiotic views of an under Prayut suffering country. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayut announced the general election would be held next year", 

Quote from Prayut to US President Trump in late 2017,

"Coup leader and Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has "clarified" a joint statement he made with US President Donald Trump that a long-awaited election would be held next year". ,,,,,,,Being 2018

In this article, "We would like to see the premier in office for another 10 years,” said one unidentified villager, "

So Prayut will now say a simple villager now changed my plans!

Prayut also gave away dozens of cows, buffaloes and agricultural tools to farmers

Yet Yingluck, who is presently only on a Blue Interpol alert, after ripping off billions from Thai taxpayers gave massive subsidies to rice growers in her main electorate base. Now giving away cows and buffaloes is OK!

Love Thailand

PS Last I saw a cow it was having a smoko at Patong beach and Red Bull Boss was doing his duty as a male cow! Got photos 100 Bah

PSS 50% commission paid to local cops otherwise I'm out of business!

Kalasin obviously aint no Udon. I think my missus would get arrested if she was in the same town as Mr P...

But then, I personally believe this is all a Govt Media Spiel.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Kalasinians despise the bloke as much as he is around here...

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Let’s pray and hope that he will never ever be the PM whether non elected or elected simply because he is incompetent, no sense of decorum, zero ability to connect with the people, discriminate use of power but mostly because he is highly unpopular.  

why don't you leave it up to the Thai's as to who they prefer? keep your prayers to yourself, don't do no good here anyway. this is the land of buddha!

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

guess you could say that about most politicians everywhere ....  Australia especially ...  :coffee1:

Except that in Australia a politician is a lot more accountable to the constituency than in Thailand. Prawit's watches wouldn't survive public scrutiny with impunity and the PM wouldn't threaten the electorate with a more ruthless version of himself if anyone dared question his mate's integrity. And Australia has elections every 3 years. If you don't like them you can vote them out.

8 hours ago, chilli42 said:

What I find truly shocking is they when I think about all the PM’s Thailand has had in the last 30 years this guy is far from the worst.  I am sure many of you can recall the days when the Thai PM was not an elected official .... so not even that is unique here.  BTW, before you jump to conclusions I am not suggesting he is doing his job or that he should hang in longer.  It’s just that the parade of mischief makers has been so questionable that the incumbent does not even seem that bad in comparison.

I actually agree with you to some extent - Thailand seems incapable of producing a democratically elected PM of worth. Perhaps this says as much about the Thai political system and the expectations of the electorate as the calibre of individuals on offer for the PM role. The best leader I can recall was a short term appointee, Anand,  following the overthrow of the Suchinda government in 1992, who at least introduced some much needed reform. Thailand has not produced leaders able to combine charisma and competence. Thaksin seemed the most likely to play the kind of role expected of a PM, but like so many before and after him, fell short of the qualities required of an effective democratic leader. Hence the military interventions and the Prayuts that get to rule this country. Really it's kind of sad that Thailand doesn't seem to have made genuine political progress in the last two and a half decades.

11 hours ago, Ossy said:

da9c471376ba7b724c0467e7be17c4fe.jpg.bd0

Help me someone . . . I think I'm gonna throw up. What is it about this creep that makes him so detestable?

This picture is priceless! I wish I was there to watch him!

This one is good too!

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, candide said:

This picture is priceless! I wish I was there to watch him!

This one is good too!

And boy! . . . did he look out of his comfort zone or what? Unless the good Thai people can do something about it, he'll be making a much bigger effort to be in his Prime Ministerial comfort zone, just one year from now. Pass that sick bowl again . . . PDQ!

Can't help but wonder how many people shouted out asking him to stay.

1, 2, 3? Brother-in-law? Cousin? Paid bystander? Mad person?

Or perhaps it's just another invention by the professional paid liar Sanserm.

Edited by Lampoon

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

why don't you leave it up to the Thai's as to who they prefer? keep your prayers to yourself, don't do no good here anyway. this is the land of buddha!

And how do the Thais get to make their preferences known and acted upon, exactly?  

3 hours ago, Spock said:

I actually agree with you to some extent - Thailand seems incapable of producing a democratically elected PM of worth. Perhaps this says as much about the Thai political system and the expectations of the electorate as the calibre of individuals on offer for the PM role. The best leader I can recall was a short term appointee, Anand,  following the overthrow of the Suchinda government in 1992, who at least introduced some much needed reform. Thailand has not produced leaders able to combine charisma and competence. Thaksin seemed the most likely to play the kind of role expected of a PM, but like so many before and after him, fell short of the qualities required of an effective democratic leader. Hence the military interventions and the Prayuts that get to rule this country. Really it's kind of sad that Thailand doesn't seem to have made genuine political progress in the last two and a half decades.

It always gets back to that old saying: "those that seek power are least best fit to have it".  I have a solution, well in my mind i have, leaders need to conscripted into office out of a pool of a wide range of demographics...that way we and i mean the whole world might get some polyshitcans of worth and not wholey consumed with filling their boots whilst in office..radical yes but better than the farce we endure now..

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is a great article and good news.  As I suspected all along, Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha will probably be at the helm for a long while yet.  He has worked to get Thailand moving in the right direction.

And as I stated and witnessed previously,  many Thai's DO want the Junta to stay in power as it brings stability and security, and while Thailand keeps ticking over economically then they are happy.

But the nayers on TV who BS their way through would try to have us all believe otherwise  ....  but they have been wrong every time.

Good job Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha and good news for Thailand

•  

The premier also unveiled plans to invest about Bt4 billion to improve Kalasin’s water resource management system and |implement other measures to reduce poverty as the province |is ranked among the country’s poorest.

Prayut told villagers that his government would help them raise more livestock instead of planting more agricultural crops, which are being affected by depressed farm prices worldwide.

f69d8ffa544797d65ab852168599b9ae.jpg

So giving away some cows, pouring money into a water management project, etc. is somehow different from a rice subsidy and is not buying local support? Seems like everywhere politicians buy public support by throwing chicken feed at the local populace for votes.  Nothing new here because this guy has the power of government funds behind him and no opposition party to criticize his actions.  

Edited by Trouble

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is a great article and good news.  As I suspected all along, Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha will probably be at the helm for a long while yet.  He has worked to get Thailand moving in the right direction.

And as I stated and witnessed previously,  many Thai's DO want the Junta to stay in power as it brings stability and security, and while Thailand keeps ticking over economically then they are happy.

But the nayers on TV who BS their way through would try to have us all believe otherwise  ....  but they have been wrong every time.

Good job Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha and good news for Thailand

•  

The premier also unveiled plans to invest about Bt4 billion to improve Kalasin’s water resource management system and |implement other measures to reduce poverty as the province |is ranked among the country’s poorest.

Prayut told villagers that his government would help them raise more livestock instead of planting more agricultural crops, which are being affected by depressed farm prices worldwide.

I do like this guy.

Hello Steven100.

Well I have to say what a great night we had last night near our village with plenty of food and drink. Many ordinary folks talking about farming and country living. And I can whole heartedly say that most were happy that the Junta will be in power for years to come. The reason most wanted was because of economic stability. So good to hear all their positives and yes, there were negative comments as well.

good luck to all the farmers ....  and to the TV nayers....  well, they can go do what the hell they like because no one is interested in their comments. They should get out while they are fit enough to travel, Laos, Cambodia and many other nice places i'm sure their whinging and whining will be appreciated more.  lol  ..:coffee1:

49 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Well I have to say what a great night we had last night near our village with plenty of food and drink. Many ordinary folks talking about farming and country living. And I can whole heartedly say that most were happy that the Junta will be in power for years to come. The reason most wanted was because of economic stability. So good to hear all their positives and yes, there were negative comments as well.

good luck to all the farmers ....  and to the TV nayers....  well, they can go do what the hell they like because no one is interested in their comments. They should get out while they are fit enough to travel, Laos, Cambodia and many other nice places i'm sure their whinging and whining will be appreciated more.  lol  ..:coffee1:

Nice little story you made up...but jebus any 12 yrs old could come up with that as a essay....Your story falls flat so easily but Im not going help you trollon by pionting it out....Go read some books your stories then might pass a year 9 english class.???

On 14/12/2017 at 12:21 AM, captspectre said:

as a disinterested foreigner living in Thailand for many years, I for one would like to see him stay on! since he ha been in power there have not been any demonstrations, fires, airport closures, and riots.I have seen dictators come and go and he one of the better ones. there is too much of a caste system here, the rich do not believe that they have to follow the law and the poor are to poor to do anything about it. in short, Thailand is not ready for western democracy!

So there!

Your final analysis is correct but the problem with this administration is that above all it seeks to protect the status quo. Thailand needs to evolve not stand still or go backwards.