What Is The Big Attraction That Keeps People Here

Phil_ne_uk

1) The availability and beauty of women

2) The climate

3) The food

4) The exchange rate

5) The culture

6) I never found it easier to make really good friends than here - probably due to the fact that the expat lifestyle is more laid back giving us time to care and maintain a good relationship.

Probably forgot more reasons and that's another good reason: After some years here you adapt the local lifestyle and don't bother too much about the past or the future.

• 3 weeks later...
The same as all these other phoneys, the chicks! :o

I think you hit the nail on the head for many of us Ulysses. I know that was the main attraction for me when I first visited Thailand many years ago. I checked with my friends now living there what the best part of living in LOS and their answer was a universal "P*ssy" and the 'cost of living'. I think I would have to go along with that as I guess I am just as perverted as my friends. I must admit that I appreciate many other aspects of the country but I guess I am not as intellectual as many other forum members in evaluating the best aspect of LOS. :D:D

As a pinkfaced 20 year old, my first experience of thailand 44 years ago was mind blowing,and left an everlasting impression, I even introduced my new english wife on our honeymoon to the wonder that was 70,s thailand, now our children and grandchildren are regular visitors, sadly health problems hinder us from living permanently in thailand, but we try to be there for at least 6 months a year, and our other home is not to shabby either, just wish our neighbours were as cultured as the thais :D a true thai friendship outlasts life :D Nignoy