USA Today editorial says Trump unfit to clean Obama's toilet

webfact

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

I'm sure folks all over the world will respect his position when he shows respect for it himself.

This guy just doesn't get it. 

Not that he will change, but even if he tried to, think it's past that.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Green Acres said:

It was an editorial, folks. An opinion. Please don't confuse it with news.

That may well be the case, however, on this side of the pond it is a view probably held by a lot of people and especially our press who are not overly impressed with your great leader, actually it would be right to lump him and Kim Jong Un in the same basket(case)

27 minutes ago, Green Acres said:

It was an editorial, folks. An opinion. Please don't confuse it with news.

I think most people get it was an editorial and not news.  If it were news it would indicate that Trump had applied for the job of cleaning Obama's toilet but had been turned down for the job because he wasn't capable of doing it.  Of course that would be fake news, however totally believable :smile:

""President Donald Trump is known for hurling insults and he's getting slammed right back. 'Idiot' is just one of a string of insults thrown his way by American voters," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. In trying to find the right word for President Donald Trump, American voters are overwhelmingly negative, as 53 voters (not percent) say "idiot" is the first word that comes to mind when they think of the president, followed by 44 voters who say "liar" and 36 voters who say "incompetent,"

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2507

Edited by Opl

Let's guess !..USA today's top subscribers are Hillary C,. and Barak O. ?

Some entities of the media tend to consider themselves as conveyors of unaninous public thought.

Free speech and democracy are vital, no arguing on that.

Since the medias implement themselves as the IVth pilar of a democratic society, and often evade neutrality and objectivity,  one can understand (not agree), but understand why governance in certain nations,  enforce strict press censorship.

Let's guess !..USA today's top subscribers are Hillary C,. and Barak O. ?

Some entities of the media tend to consider themselves as conveyors of unaninous public thought.

Free speech and democracy are vital, no arguing on that.

Since the medias implement themselves as the IVth pilar of a democratic society, and often evade neutrality and objectivity,  one can understand (not agree), but understand why governance in certain nations,  enforce strict press censorship.

Again the reason this strongly worded editorial is such major international news is because USA Today is well known to have a middle of the road political brand. You'd expect rhetoric like that from Slate.com but from USA Today it is stunning!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again the reason this strongly worded editorial is such major international news is because USA Today is well known to have a middle of the road political brand. You'd expect rhetoric like that from Slate.com but from USA Today it is stunning!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm pretty sure Breitbart is going to find a way to tie USA Today to George Soros.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't because it's too Middle America  and dumbed down with pictures for my tastes. Why bother when their are world class outlets like the WASHINGTON POST available. But many people do, yes --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Today

Circulation does not equal readers.

Just because a news stand gets 500 copies does not mean 500 are sold and most people get neqs on their phones.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Well we all watched it with horror at the time.  Still if you rely on foxnews for your "facts" then I guess you are never going to "get it".

True enough some who have gone before have screwed things up too.  GWB for one but even that was nothing compared to this moron..

I don't think he's a moron.He's the President of the USA

10 hours ago, Becker said:

Well, it's not written about someone in Thailand and thankfully the rest of the world have no use for Thailand's idiotic defamation laws. People participate in the threads that interest them and no one gets people more fired up than the man-child these days. If that offends you then why don't you just avoid these threads? I know, radical idea but why not give it a try?

Not offended by it at all. I don't care one way or the other. Just curious why so much emphasis on the U.S.. If that offends YOU, then so be it.

1 minute ago, PhonThong said:

Not offended by it at all. I don't care one way or the other. Just curious why so much emphasis on the U.S.. If that offends YOU, then so be it.

Very good.  TV never disappoints... 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Well we all watched it with horror at the time.  Still if you rely on foxnews for your "facts" then I guess you are never going to "get it".

True enough some who have gone before have screwed things up too.  GWB for one but even that was nothing compared to this moron..

"Well we all watched it with horror at the time.  Still if you rely on foxnews for your "facts" then I guess you are never going to "get it".

Did you watch the video from the link? Fox happen to be one of the few media sources who reported a alternative view ..

4 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Well I think it's a great idea to be able to speak your mind about politicians, of course it runs both ways, so Trump is not fit to lick Obama's toilet is OK to say, and Obama is not fit to pick the cotton on Trump's plantation is also OK. Right? No double standards applied here?

Nobody except you said anything about licking a toilet. That's gross.  Don't twist other peoples' words to fit your agenda.  .....unless you're a right-winger, and then you can't help yourself.  They feed on fake news.  Roger Stone is the #1 dirty trickster in the US, but there are many other right-wingers vying for that mantle.  Don Jr, Manafort, Trump Sr, Kushner, and Bannon come to mind.

2 minutes ago, riclag said:
"Well we all watched it with horror at the time.  Still if you rely on foxnews for your "facts" then I guess you are never going to "get it".

Did you watch the video from the link? Fox happen to be one of the few media sources who reported a alternative view ..

Yep.

4 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Well I think it's a great idea to be able to speak your mind about politicians, of course it runs both ways, so Trump is not fit to lick Obama's toilet is OK to say, and Obama is not fit to pick the cotton on Trump's plantation is also OK. Right? No double standards applied here?

Except that Trump doesn't have a plantation whereas I am absolute sure that Obama has a toilet or two!

37 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I'm pretty sure Breitbart is going to find a way to tie USA Today to George Soros.

They won't try to find a way to tie, they'll simply claim it without any proof or even indication. And their followers will take it as gospel.

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I'm sure folks all over the world will respect his position when he shows respect for it himself. This guy just doesn't get it. 

He's 71. He's been a horse's ass for decades.  He's not going to miraculously become a decent statesman, any more than Madonna is going to be the pole vault champ at the next Olympics.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Trump can now add USA Today to the long list of 'fake news' outlets, if he hasn't already.  ....and add it to the list of newspapers he hopes will go out of business. Weird, coming from a person who claimed he would be "the greatest jobs president, ever!"

1 hour ago, Coconutman said:

Circulation does not equal readers.

Just because a news stand gets 500 copies does not mean 500 are sold and most people get neqs on their phones.

You're being totally silly and fooling nobody.

If you're American, you would know that USA Today is a major media brand, a household name, with a very WHOLESOME ALL AMERICAN reputation. It's not an "elite" coastal media brand though. Again, you can deflect and play games and try to minimize this, but this editorial in USA TODAY is a really big deal. Not the content so much as that it was published in USA TODAY. 

14 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

You have to respect how journalists today remain unbiased and only report the facts without all their personal convictions and political views getting in the way.  :laugh:

In any job you were in, if a fairly significant and powerful person repeatedly called your work crap, lies, fake, failing, corrupt, etc etc and in doing so was fake themselves and in breech of the constitution, you would more than likely not remain unbiased .   In fact you would not be blamed (by normal rational people) if you went all out as a journalist to make the life of your bully and abuser an absolute nightmare by doing all you could to report the truth surrounding the individual. The only thing US journalists (other than Fox and Breitbart) owe Donald Trump is an unswerving  and loyal dedication to bringing the SOB (presidentially used term) down.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're being totally silly and fooling nobody.

If you're American, you would know that USA Today is a major media brand, a household name, with a very WHOLESOME ALL AMERICAN reputation. It's not an "elite" coastal media brand though. Again, you can deflect and play games and try to minimize this, but this editorial in USA TODAY is a really big deal. Not the content so much as that it was published in USA TODAY. 

Its known for short articles.

Like most media it has gone down hill and is one sided. Circulation is exactly what i described. Do you know why back covers arw expenxive do you know they figure an office copy in a doctors office has 4 readers per marketing. Circulation and subscribers are not the same thing. Circulation is amont distributed. Not read

19 minutes ago, Coconutman said:

Like most media it has gone down hill and is one sided.

If by "one sided", you mean two-sided, then you're exactly right.  It's right there on their editorial board page (emphasis mine):

USA TODAY's editorial opinions are decided by its Editorial Board, separate from the news staff. Most editorials are coupled with an opposing view -- a unique USA TODAY feature.

To check this, I picked an opinion article at random: Tax Cuts the GOP will Regret.  About half-way down you can see this: "OPPOSING VIEW:  GOP tax bill is good for middle-class Americans".

5a329423ac742_editorial1.png.de5c16bc7e993a39c1a645ae05a2d215.png

I checked a half dozen others.  They all offer opposing viewpoints.  How dare they be so one-sided!

15 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Respectfully, do you not understand the difference between the editorial section and the news section?

You are right this was an editorial but I also remember the days when editorial pages printed opposing editorials and were not so blatantly unbalanced in their editorial opinion.  Editorial pages used to be a forum for opposing opinions. 

Edited by Trouble