Prawit's bling could tarnish entire govt's credibility

webfact

7 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Note this important sentence.

You should never being dropping more than 3,000 Baht to oil the cogs. 

Otherwise it would be illegal.:post-4641-1156693976:

We certainly don't want to place the servants and office holders in a predicament. do we? :smile:

Better let my civil servant wife she ain't getting much for Xmas:)

Early Christmas present, from a rich friend that sounds better sir, try it. (but dose the dumpling have and friends)

15 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

If anyone believes this fairy tale, whatever story is to come, needs to be having his voting rights revoked! 

Voting rights where remove in May 2014 or had you not noticed

10 hours ago, keith101 said:

So Thai men like to wear expensive watches big deal why shouldn't they wear them just like women want to wear expensive jewellery i don't use watches myself but thats just me and who cares about that , get over it there are more important things in this country to be concerned about .

I think you're really missing the point.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Prayut, of all men, should know how this works.

When the previous government took office he committed treason together with Suthep to overthrow the elected government. All he needed was a spark to light up the powder keg so he could march in and "save the day". That day came when the amnesty bill of Taksin became subject and people blocked roads to protest.

There are enough people waiting on the sidelines who see the trough and and richness it brings, and they only need that spark to make the powder keg explode again so they can kick out the generals. Maybe Prayut doesn't see it, but this could well be that little spark that will topple his government.

Prayut's position is a bit like being on top of Doi Inthanon on a Cool Season dawn where the clouds completely obscure the majority of the land mass below.  You think you're in heaven, so distance from the teaming masses. But at some point the clouds dissipate, and there your are for the country to see - the leader has no clothes. 

Edited by connda

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

So Thai men like to wear expensive watches big deal why shouldn't they wear them just like women want to wear expensive jewellery i don't use watches myself but thats just me and who cares about that , get over it there are more important things in this country to be concerned about .

More important than corruption ?

I would venture that the root of most of Thailands problems start right there.

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

Are you not able to connect the dots? The most important concern in this country is corruption. Imo and missy others. 

On 12/14/2017 at 10:11 PM, YetAnother said:

might be more meat to this than first thoughts would suggest;

i recall my thinking thai friends, at the time of thaksin's demise, told me that he had violated an old chinese saying; something close to :  "if you are going to feed at the trough, at least wipe your mouth";

Thaksin was forever fixed in the mind with when he laundered money through the family chauffeur and Thaksin's own children. The arrogance of it was never shaken off. The military government's legitimacy was to a significant extent built upon sweeping away Thaksin's legacy or at least claiming to do so. This incident with the watches flies against whatever image the government proclaims and will create real damage if shrugged off. Anything less than a sacking of the Deputy PM post-investigation will probably not be enough.

Edited by SheungWan