Smoking ban: 50,000 butts found on Jomtien beach, but Pattaya's doing a great job!

rooster59

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

So 56,000 butts have been found ? Did they take them away or just count them ? Its not like Thai authorities to miss a photo op like that.

Did they do a DNA on every butt? LMAO as this being a top priority in Thailand when it's No 1 in the world of road deaths and getting close to No 1 in corruption... Which is no laughing matter!

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As per the original post, 56,000 butts in 43 days, 1,300 butts per day.

It is odd, I walk along that beach  couple of times a week and have never seen more than a few cig butts on the beach or footpath, Have never seen anyone counting cig butts, picking up cig butts.

I have said 100 million times, dont exagerate.

At 1300 butts a day found and maybe only 1% all butts that are actually there , that makes it 130,000 butts per day. 

Some porkies being told by someone.. 

17 minutes ago, Scotssing said:

“I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"

John Lennon

December the 8th, 1980, was a sad day, indeed!

I'm at Patong Beach and today I was on the beach. I see quite a few tourists walk to the smoking areas and off the beach for their smoke.. 

But just in front of me were a few Thai jetsky  guys sitting about under their umbrella in the middle of the beach and at least  one or two were smoking athe any given  time..   

This law needs to be for everyone  or are they excempt from this law ??  

Like Thais riding with no helmets, as it only seems to be the tourists  that get booked.... 

And so what they did with the 56000 butts? They made a big hole and buried it on the beach.

Same as in Hua Hin where soldiers did 100 ton/week of (all kinds) garbage and buried it.

What happened with the big pile of garbage in the Gulf some months ago? Where did that came from?

Probably Koh Samui as their garbage incinerator isnt working anymore.

Well happily an alien got a job and is involved for counting butts. 555555  

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I support the effort to deal with the problem.

If the smokers had not tossed their butts on the beach, we wouldn't be at this stage.

The majority do, even amongst smokers I'd guess, but there are ways and means.  Absurd fines, and locking up vape-pen users hasn't gone down well with 99% of normal folk.  If it is about littering, why are policies not applied to all types of litter?

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As per the original post, 56,000 butts in 43 days, 1,300 butts per day.

It is odd, I walk along that beach  couple of times a week and have never seen more than a few cig butts on the beach or footpath, Have never seen anyone counting cig butts, picking up cig butts.

I have said 100 million times, dont exagerate.

Get with the programme please!  This has got nothing to do with the truth, its about justifying the ridiculous penalty!!

10 minutes ago, AloisAmrein said:

A great joke. Thailand at its best, once again. As I see it is the best to avoid this country. When comes the ban to drink beer? Beer advertising already prohibited, worse then in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Malaysia and Indonesia are moslim countries, Thailand not yet. Moslim isnt allowed to drink alcohol. That is why Malaysian men go for the weekend to southern provinces of Thailand to drink and have fun with the ladies.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

How many drains have been saved ? I demand a butt recount this all sounds smoke and mirrors.

Lots of Butts on the beach here, as well as cheeks - love the string bikini thin Russian gals.   I can sit hre and drink beer while watching the all day

Why not fine people when they throw cigarette butts/ plastic bottles/plastic bags on the beach rather than smoking.  I quit smoking some years ago, however what’s the harm if people put their own trash/cigarette butts away?  

Guess I can  understand  you may not like to be in a beach bed next to a chain smoking individual.  When I smoked, I always made sure that I collected my butts and threw them away in the garbage can and also made sure that the smoke did not drift to my neighbouring sunbed dweller.  

The fine for this this is ridiculous!  It is more than for murder in this country, so it seems.  

As regards vaping, this is seen in Europe as a healthier substitute.  Not saying it is without risks.  The problem seems to be in some countries that it is not allowed due to taxes, since it’s not considered a tobacco product.  Why not just tax vaping licquid the same way as tobacco, problem solved!? Well  well.........