More good news from Pattaya - security guard returns iPhone to wheelchair bound tourist

webfact

More good news from Pattaya - security guard returns iPhone to wheelchair bound tourist

25353687_1742560025764924_474829127904861658_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Sophon Cable TV reported another feel good story from Pattaya after an alert security guard at a Beach Road hotel returned a 20,000 baht iPhone 6 to its rightful owner.

Suwat Dechothamsathit noticed the phone on the ground as he was about to end his shift for the night.

A check of the screen revealed it was a man he recognized that he had seen passing the A-One Hotel in a wheelchair.

25396144_1742560029098257_4604941816462259543_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

He inquired at a nearby bar where he had seen the man drinking and next day it was smiles all round as Antonius Mourits, 57, was reunited with his mobile at the Pattaya police station.

Sophon said he was a security man with a beautiful heart and the tourist, from the Netherlands, thanked him and the police for returning his property.

Last week a taxi driver returned about 20,000 baht worth of valuables to some Indian tourists.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-19

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sophon Cable TV reported another feel good story from Pattaya

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Last week a taxi driver returned about 20,000 baht worth of valuables to some Indian tourists.

Good stories 2,

Bad stories...................think of a number !

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

at a nearby bar where he had seen the man drinking and next day it was smiles all round

To me it seems like the only ones smiling is the two foreigners. Everybody else look like, they wanted to keep that phone for themselfs.

However, I thought it was one man that found the phone? How can it be that so many people think it´s a positive thing to parade for something with a small value of 30-50K Bath?
That´s really the stupid thing!

Wow, yesterday at the gym I found a cellphone sitting on the leg press machine and tracked down the young Thai girl I noticed at the machine earlier.  It was her phone and she said thank you which is all the reward I expected.  Perhaps they will write an article about farang doing the right thing...doubtful. 

Usual way here. Praise someone for doing something 99% (I hope) of normal law abiding citizens would do themselves.

In Kent, UK 15 years back, I found a cell phone in the road. It rang, and the bloke came and collected it and said thank you. I think it's enough  that we all try to just do the right thing.