Dutch man arrested for double "revenge" murder of Thai girlfriend's mother and brother

Jonathan Fairfield

wonder if i can say she should have returned the necklace especially in light of needing to warn her mother the guy may cause her physical harm

important-alarming enough to warn her mother but not to simply return a necklace ??

risk vs benefit

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, swissie said:

"No money, no passport". That says a lot. Only thing left after a lenghty stay in Thailand is a bad temper and a non-functioning brain.
There are times, when I can understand the TAT = Quality tourists in, basket cases out!

I insist, there are sighns that indicate when a person is on the verge of "cracking-up". I could make a list of symptoms, but to keep it short: Irregular, agressive behaviour, incoherent talk, lack of personal hygene and disregarding the simlplest forms of "dress-code" are very basic indicators.
- There is no way, that the Dutchman "cracked-up" overnight in such a way. Warning sighns were ignored by his "surroundings".
An idea: Instead of checking Farangs wearing no helmets while driving their Motorbikes, why the Police not follow up on "hints from within the populace", signaling those "walking time bombs" in time. Most will be on "overstay" anyway. Better they "crack-up" in their home-country, instead of Thailand.
Cheers.
PS: Would not recomment for any Farangs to aquire property near "Ban Khok Muang" for the next 25 years. The locals are equipped with some sort of "Elephant-Memory".    

Locals don't remember bad news from white folks. Don't worry about it. The skin color will help forget about the story.

1 hour ago, car720 said:

I know that there are politically correct terms for insane behaviour but I prefer to think of it simply as good or evil.

Every time I encounter evil I try to understand it but I think there really is no understanding it.  It is an entity of its own. 

ERADICATE, ERADICATE.

and some might say you attitude is evil too... just saying :) 

3 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Horrible story.  RIP to the innocent lives.

Hope some lessons learned from the story.

Be a honey, for the paid money.

Thai women adore gold more than their own parents.She shouldn't keep the necklace after the guy asked back. Now how she gonna look at the necklace after this tragedy?

6 hours ago, swissie said:

"No money, no passport". That says a lot. Only thing left after a lenghty stay in Thailand is a bad temper and a non-functioning brain.
There are times, when I can understand the TAT = Quality tourists in, basket cases out!

I insist, there are sighns that indicate when a person is on the verge of "cracking-up". I could make a list of symptoms, but to keep it short: Irregular, agressive behaviour, incoherent talk, lack of personal hygene and disregarding the simlplest forms of "dress-code" are very basic indicators.
- There is no way, that the Dutchman "cracked-up" overnight in such a way. Warning sighns were ignored by his "surroundings".
An idea: Instead of checking Farangs wearing no helmets while driving their Motorbikes, why the Police not follow up on "hints from within the populace", signaling those "walking time bombs" in time. Most will be on "overstay" anyway. Better they "crack-up" in their home-country, instead of Thailand.
Cheers.
PS: Would not recomment for any Farangs to aquire property near "Ban Khok Muang" for the next 25 years. The locals are equipped with some sort of "Elephant-Memory".    

Sure! Brilliant idea! Wont it be great when you have the cops rocking up on your doorstep every other day because of "hints from within the populace". A hint could have no foundation at all and boy could you make some stuff up to have your neighbour harassed. Have you lived here longer than 5 minutes? Your suggestion automatically has your earmarked for a top political post on policy making in the government.

29 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Looks like this guy not only lost all his money and passport - but now his freedom at the expense of other innocent lives.

Too often we read about "broke fallangs" that either commit suicide or heinous crimes. My advice if any-one is on a slide - get a grip and a ticket home where the "system" can help you.

Everyone should understand the emotions of a person cheated for money.

Most murders happens in emotions. There is a different class of section for emotional murders, that includes, if a woman murders a man to save her dignity. I am not defending the murderers, but have to think about this emotion at the time of the incident.

Girls should end the cash cow mentality on the old Farang men.

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Well he is going to have plenty of time on his hands,to think

why did i do such a crazy thing,why not just move on,plenty

more fish in the sea,he has really f4cked up his life,while

taking the life of two others.

regards worgeordie

He may not get that much time to think, if he gets the death penalty.

4 minutes ago, gjoo888 said:

He may not get that much time to think, if he gets the death penalty.

He will die of natural causes,before any death penalty would be carried out,

spending the rest of your life in a Thai prison,IS worse than a death sentance

I think.

regards worgeordie

39 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Ummm.....another case of getting dumped or used after spending all that he had.

Agreed, I would hope you would stay with a murdering psychopath if he gave you a necklace.   You talk like you buy women or men and then own them for life.

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Why do that over a cheap necklace? Money well spent to discover your girlfriend is a “wrong un”.

Where does it say it is a "cheap" necklace? It might have cost him a great deal of money, that he couldn't afford. I have first hand experience of spending too much on appliances just before getting the order of the boot, and regret that I was unable to deny them the satisfaction of benefitting from the stupid farang that they got rid of.

Some real pieces of CRAP on here!!! That includes the ones coming out with shit like 'What goes round comes round' and 'Well maybe the next village girl will think twice..'!!! You know who you are.. just understand that no-one else even wants to!!! oh, yeah.. and have a REALLY SHIT day!!!!!!!

I’m not sure I’m quite as angry as spectrumisgreen is about some of the comments blaming the ex for this psychos actions (if he is guilty that is), but there are far more crass comments laying blame at her door than I would have expected. 

Shameful. 

Edited by Bluespunk

26 minutes ago, spectrumisgreen said:

Some real pieces of CRAP on here!!! That includes the ones coming out with shit like 'What goes round comes round' and 'Well maybe the next village girl will think twice..'!!! You know who you are.. just understand that no-one else even wants to!!! oh, yeah.. and have a REALLY SHIT day!!!!!!!

This is the sort of comment expected by posters 3 and 4.

Why is it that whenever a thread involving westerners behaving badly is posted , there is such a predictable range of responses from ' son nam na ' right up to ' another quality tourist ruining our reputation '.

Pages and pages of similar responses. But if it is Thai on Thai ........well.......move along.......nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m not sure I’m quite as angry as spectrumisgreen is about some of the comments blaming the ex for this psychos actions (if he is guilty that is), but there are far more crass comments laying blame at her door than I would have expected. 

Shameful. 

The felang was pennyless and he took violent revenge on the Family .

Although the violence was unacceptable , some posters may have given a lot of their money to Gfs and their Families in Thailand and to have been kicked out onto the streets when the money has ran out and they may have felt the urge to take retribution on the GF and family .

How did the man end up pennyless and living on the streets ?

BTW , I am not suggesting murder was the correct thing to do , but mamy of us may have had similar urges in the past

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The felang was pennyless and he took violent revenge on the Family .

Although the violence was unacceptable , some posters may have given a lot of their money to Gfs and their Families in Thailand and to have been kicked out onto the streets when the money has ran out and they may have felt the urge to take retribution on the GF and family .

How did the man end up pennyless and living on the streets ?

BTW , I am not suggesting murder was the correct thing to do , but mamy of us may have had similar urges in the past

I’ve been angry and frustrated on many an occasion here. Been extorted or ripped off, even been exploited for money in my early days. 

Never did i contemplate murdering those responsible, never mind their family. 

I understand frustration, but for <deleted> sake go for a run, get some perspective and put whatever has caused this frustration down to experience. 

Those blaming the ex could do with some perspective as well. 

(Not referring to you specifically here btw)

Edited by Bluespunk

8 hours ago, balo said:

Whats his real name ? I know a lot of Dutch mafia guys have been hiding in Thailand for a long time. Probably overstayed the visa for many years . Maybe wanted for serious crime in his home country. 

Maybe I'm wrong but, it looks like you know him, or you don't like dutch people.

Personal resentment perhaps?

Then this is not the place to display that.

1 minute ago, dotpoom said:

Condolences to the family of the deceased.

But it begs the question......Why did the woman not give back the chain if she was aware how "unbalanced" this man was. She was aware enough to warn her Mother about him.

Maybe a gold digger won't part with the gold voluntarily, until death do us part, something like marriage vows.

14 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Condolences to the family of the deceased.

But it begs the question......Why did the woman not give back the chain if she was aware how "unbalanced" this man was. She was aware enough to warn her Mother about him.

Maybe she had already sold the necklace and spent the money on something else.

1 minute ago, chuang said:

Two killings partly because of a gold necklace....what a cheap murderous moron...

Although there could have been more to it than that .

As the Daughter was his ex GF , he probably gave the family more than a gold necklace

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although there could have been more to it than that .

As the Daughter was his ex GF , he probably gave the family more than a gold necklace

Well then, his actions are justified.  

(sarcasm)

Edited by isaanbanhou