PM Prayut shows off to the media his expensive Seiko wristwatch

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

"Seiko" and "class" don't seem to chime somehow. 

Seiko does make the "Grand Seiko" which is on-par with many Swiss brands in the "medium-priced" range (Rolex, Omega, etc).

And they have the "Credor" brand watches which compete nicely in the "higher-priced" range with their top models (AP, PP, etc).

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

It's not only Bangkok "elite" that collect watches, it is done all over the world.  Those who do it usually don't do it to be cool they do it as an investment and because they want to.  Collecting valuable watches is not vulgar, trashy or tasteless, at all, neither does it display low cultural standards (whatever they are).

Bragging about them at a press conference is indeed vulgar, trashy and tasteless. 

Two posts against forum rules have been deleted.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

43 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Seiko does make the "Grand Seiko" which is on-par with many Swiss brands in the "medium-priced" range (Rolex, Omega, etc).

And they have the "Credor" brand watches which compete nicely in the "higher-priced" range with their top models (AP, PP, etc).

All I know is if  you want to know the time "ask a  policeman" , well thats what they said when i was younger and being as Thailand has  more police than cockroaches ( similarities?)

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

There is a world of financial difference between even a Grand Seiko watch and a Richard Mille timepiece.

Absolutely.  Especially when it is most probably a knock off from China that only cost 3000 baht if that.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Is not status one of the misplaced reasons for the acquisition of very expensive and show offy watches?

Most Thai politicians are vulgar low grade arrivistes.A few are not but the majority are.In the former category you can bet the likes of Abhisit or Anand don’t collect bling watches.

Is not status one of the misplaced reasons for the acquisition of very expensive and show offy watches?

Maybe in your opinion .

In the former category you can bet the likes of Abhisit or Anand don’t collect bling watches.

Maybe you can bet that and maybe you'd be wrong, but what if they don't, what has that got to do with it?

Edited by Just Weird

30 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Re-read the OP, he wasn't bragging, he was taking the mickey.

Is he a comedian or the leader of the country. He had the audience of the country for a very serious matter and talking the mickey is out of place, devoid of decorum and completely juvenile. 

"How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck?”

It's about time somebody has a new idea around here...

Hello 1986! 

Hmmm, Dr Freud like to talk with you regarding the name of your favorite hippity hoppity band.

flavor-flav-clock03-1.jpg

Edited by SiSePuede419
Typo

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, it doesn't make your point because he wasn't bragging, he was joking but how could bragging (if he had happened to brag, which he didn't) "minimize political corruption" anyway?

He was definitely, absolutely and unequivocally bragging. Zero doubt about that. No doubt at all. 

Is he a comedian or the leader of the country. He had the audience of the country for a very serious matter and talking the mickey is out of place, devoid of decorum and completely juvenile. 
You sure you're on the right thread? Sounds like you described Donald trump.
Prayuth has way more class

35 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

You sure you're on the right thread? Sounds like you described Donald trump.
Prayuth has way more class

Has way more class, article 44, rubber stamp NLA, crony corruption agencies and guns to hold country hostage. Did I miss anything?

Never understood the need for expensive watches. I one got was from the company I worked for before I retired. Nothing fancy but nice. I use to have a novelty watch when I was a ĺad. It had a couple going up and down in the missionary potion if you know what I mean. Wish I kept it...good for a laugh.

Prayut 1 : 0 Thailand’s Best Political Reporters

The crafty sew-and-sew: he turns up for his weekly grilling by the media, but puts them all – and most of us TV posters, too, I’ll warrant – all on the wrong foot by wearing his sexiest pink blouse and waving his Seiko around, milking the untimely Prawit situation for all its worth.

Throw in a bit of sarcasm and rhetoric and he’s turned a meeting that should have been asking him annoying questions about lifting the political meetings ban or whether the 42 billion BKK to CM high-speed rail project that, according to Transport Minister, Arkhom,

is scheduled to begin on 21 December 2017 . . . i.e. TODAY did actually begin or was that more of the endless stream of stools that emanate from his and his ministers' mouths?

The sad fact is that Prayut had us all beat, this TIME. And it cost me my good name with the Moderator, too. Boy, if I was a Thai reporter at one of those media bashes . . . . I'd . . . well, I'd . . . well, you know what I'm saying. 

Edited by Ossy
omission

6 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

If we are going that way in simplicity of responses i would say:

Yes. Thats better than putting people in oil drums and burn them alive.

If one party is known for atrocities in Thailand its the army.

If and i say IF you have prove of that you should send it to Amnesty International and Thailand will get a worldwide businessban tomollow.

I DO have prove of a man calling his followers to put Bangkok on fire, it's on video on youtube. And they even put a whole huge mall on fire already. (Central World for the ones who are ignorant).

For the rest i can only say: Cheers mate, take another one.

8 minutes ago, Thian said:

If and i say IF you have prove of that you should send it to Amnesty International and Thailand will get a worldwide businessban tomollow.

I DO have prove of a man calling his followers to put Bangkok on fire, it's on video on youtube. And they even put a whole huge mall on fire already. (Central World for the ones who are ignorant).

For the rest i can only say: Cheers mate, take another one.

I am tempted to reply that the military start shooting before the call but it is off topic.