Kasikorn ATM card chewed up at the airport... need to go to place where opened account?

Hi, I tried googling an answer about getting a bank book and atm card, not that interested in getting the bank book, but was told over the phone that I needed it, but her English was terrible so not really sure lol. Sounded like she said I have to go to my branch.

So i got my police report that I lost my bank book as I left it in Australia and now ready to get both my book and new card.

Can I go to any branch to get them? Or does it have to be the branch I opened the account (which is hours away from where I am)

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can not get a new passbook at any location but original bank/branch AFAIK.  Cards can be obtained in any branch if you have book.  

I cannot speak for other banks, but I have got replacement cards and bank book at a non-home branch of Bangkok Bank. I don't think I've been in my home branch for 10 or 11 years.

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I cannot speak for other banks, but I have got replacement cards and bank book at a non-home branch of Bangkok Bank. I don't think I've been in my home branch for 10 or 11 years.

This was Bangkok Bank but it has been many years since I asked and in those days believe even cards had to be obtained at home branch so just as cards now available anywhere perhaps books are also.  Although joint account, as mine is, sometimes requires special procedures.

OP what was the cause of your card being chewed up? has it ever happened to you before?This is what concerns me about taking my card overseas and relying on it to get cash out of ATMs instead of the old days when we had good old travellers cheques.

My bank has told me if I had any problems I would have to contact the Thailand had head office while I am away and then you would have the likely added difficulty of not very clear communication as in your case

Edited by Asiantravel