Taking back control: UK's classic blue-and-gold passport to return

rooster59

22 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Its been done to death. It dosntv say anywhere 350 mil will be spent on the NHS

You are right it does not say that on the bus but just look up the speeches made while standing next to the bus.  It's all there including "let's spend that 350 million on the NHS".  Lot's of quotes like that.  But it is true that the bus bit has been done to death.  The Brexiteers will never accept the truth over it.  May as well move on.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, baansgr said:

It has not been said that British citizens will have to pay for their visas to EU countries and it hasn't been said that they won't.  I vaguely remember in an EU statement made last year that it was something that would be up for discussion and would be decided country by country.  Can't find the quote though.

What I would say is that the media are jumping on anything and everything being said on all sides and manipulating it to make a headline.  The fact that we are all rising to the bait shows how desperate we all are to make a case for our arguments.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Try reading the whole thread, since writing that, I corrected that to say that they were just E.U recommendations and the UK followed those recommendations , as did every other Country, barring Croatia

Yes, still your claim was incorrect, but admitting to that, no way.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Yes, still your claim was incorrect, but admitting to that, no way.

In post number 23, which you reacted to .

The European passport colour was just....no I ve posted this numerous times !!!!...a. E.U recommendation, rather than complusary

10 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Passport specs have been decided by the UN and have been since they took over from the League of Nations.

Unfortunately there is no defined size, I would have thought it would make more sense that they should be all the same size and follow the same format, also one should have the same passport number for life, post-fixed with a issue number. 

8 hours ago, dunroaming said:

It has not been said that British citizens will have to pay for their visas to EU countries and it hasn't been said that they won't.  I vaguely remember in an EU statement made last year that it was something that would be up for discussion and would be decided country by country.  Can't find the quote though.

What I would say is that the media are jumping on anything and everything being said on all sides and manipulating it to make a headline.  The fact that we are all rising to the bait shows how desperate we all are to make a case for our arguments.

Gina miller clearly says 60 euros when the new blue passport. 

Gareth Snell, Bill Esterton amongst many other remainers caught out blatantly lieing and scaremongering yesterday on this issue. No extra cost involved yet openly saying it will cost the taxayer £500 million. Worse still blaming homelesness and child poveety because of this, shame they didnt try to curb the massive forign aid budget which shadows this piddly amount. 

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Gina miller clearly says 60 euros when the new blue passport. 

60 euros is the cost of a 60 day schengen visa, over 90 days cost 99 euros.

In an extreme (and hopefully unlikely) "hard Brexit" scenario, UK citizens may have to obtain schengen visas to travel to EU.  Even a visa waiver program will likely require a fee similar to the US's $14 ESTA visa waiver program. 

No doubt Ms Miller was being alarmist,  but not necessarily inaccurate as the travel issue is far from being settled. 

TH 

41 minutes ago, thaihome said:

60 euros is the cost of a 60 day schengen visa, over 90 days cost 99 euros.

In an extreme (and hopefully unlikely) "hard Brexit" scenario, UK citizens may have to obtain schengen visas to travel to EU.  Even a visa waiver program will likely require a fee similar to the US's $14 ESTA visa waiver program. 

No doubt Ms Miller was being alarmist,  but not necessarily inaccurate as the travel issue is far from being settled. 

TH 

Gina Miller clearly has an agenda, and I'm sure all of us hoping for the best are tired of those pursuing agendas.....

I'm happy though that gina has finally made her bias so clear with her obvious fear-mongering comment.

21 hours ago, baansgr said:

Still waiting on what the remainers think about gina millers lie regarding Brits will have to pay 60 euros to enter other European countries. 

Charge EU members 80 Pounds Sterling for a visa to enter the UK, and

put them in line behind our new  friends from the sub continent and Africa,

Two can play at that game !

regards worgeordie

58 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Charge EU members 80 Pounds Sterling for a visa to enter the UK, and

put them in line behind our new  friends from the sub continent and Africa,

Two can play at that game !

regards worgeordie

I had hoped for the Christmas good cheer; goodwill to all men.

But know the tripe trade is booming. Cheers!

Happy Yuletide ?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I had hoped for the Christmas good cheer; goodwill to all men.

But know the tripe trade is booming. Cheers!

Happy Yuletide ?

"goodwill to all men.", not on TVF, mate,them's European's,you know French and Germans

short memories and doing a good job of shitting on us now.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

"goodwill to all men.", not on TVF, mate,them's European's,you know French and Germans

short memories and doing a good job of shitting on us now.

regards worgeordie

Although that isnt the general consensus from TV posts from Brexiters

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Wor's the netty?

At the bottom of the garden where its always been,anything else?

but you cannot use it,probably forget to pull the chain.

regards worgeordie   Merry Christmas to all.just putting the chestnuts on

35 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

At the bottom of the garden where its always been,anything else?

but you cannot use it,probably forget to pull the chain.

regards worgeordie   Merry Christmas to all.just putting the chestnuts on

We didn't have a chain. Used ashes from the Aga.

As an American- can I get a blue British Passport in return for my US Passport .  Some Americans so disgusted with Trump have a desire to rejoin the United Kingdom as a Commonwealth member. We would get rid of Trump and put in one of the royals as Governor-General of the American Territories.

I was in favor of this until I heard I had to give up American baseball and replace it with Cricket. But  what to with Trump- since he has English heritage- possibly a peerage in the English countryside-  hmmm.  cricket anyone!!!   Cheers!!

My dear fellow, don't worry. Lots of the better (girls) public schools play baseball.
They call it "rounders"!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/23/2017 at 7:27 PM, baansgr said:

The bus didnt say 350mil to NHS. Even today on BBC world the idiot that brought that up was laughrd at. On the other hand today, blatant lies by the guardian and gina miller saying having a blue passport will cost 60 eoros for a visa and will be sent to the back of the queue. Project fear and scaremongering lies. 

brexit bus1.jpg

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

brexit bus1.jpg

Exactly... It dosnt say 350 mil to NHS. On the flipside, The Guardian, Gina Miller and numerous remainer MPs and celebs have been quoting Brits will have to pay 60 euros to enter European countries, they will be sent to the back of immigration queues and the new passport will cost taxpyers 500 mil.... All blatant lies and scaremongering. 

11 minutes ago, Naam said:

keep up the good job ridiculing yourself. :clap2:

Quite right, with all this nonsense going on its embarrassing speaking in an English accent over here, seriously considering of cultivating an Oz twang, Alabama drawl, anyone?.