New regulations concerning buying a car or Bike

phuketrichard

Not sure this is true, BUT in Phuket it seems to buy a car or bike you NEED a wp>>
not just a non O or B visa.

Friend went into to ask about buying a new pickup truck, after some talk and such the dealer asked if he had a wp ( he is on a non O Retirement extension)
when he said no, the dealer said can't sell an new regulations

If this is true its a huge problem for people moving here that are married or on retirement extensions..

Anyone else know if this it true??

I once had an idiot ask to see a work permit when I went down to True in Fortune IT Mall to order a satellite tv service installation for an apartment I was living in back then.

I told her 'no, work permit is for working, bring manager' then the problem went away just like the idiot which created it.

Nothing new u say>>??
I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book,

last bike brought 4 years ago, last car 2 .  On a Retirement extension

What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a  certificate of residence is not enough

Edited by phuketrichard

Nothing new u say>>??
I have cars and bikes in my name, haven't had a wp in over 15 years, never had a yellow book,
What the new regulation is saying is a WP IS NEEDED and if ur on a marriage or retirement extension ur shit out of luck and a  certificate of residence is not enough

Will find out in 3 days, when I get my new truck registered.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Nothing new u say>>??

I suggest calling the department of land transport and ask them to confirm this is a new law.

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Nothing new u say>>??

There is no new regulation. Just a misunderstanding because of a friend who has seen a dealer and due to language problems or lack of knowledge of the dealer.

Edited by stevenl

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

There is no new regulation. Just a misunderstanding because of a friend who has seen a dealer and due to language problems or lack of knowledge of the dealer.

good to know as  i stated, i wasn't sure about it...

i thought it would be quite a crazy rule

On 24/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, stevenl said:

Nothing new.

To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required.

Nothing has changed.

Nonsense

I've got dozens of vehicles registered in my name at the DLT and I have never been asked for WP

even a tourist visa can register a vehicle with a certificate of residence from immigration or embassy... 

3 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Nonsense

I've got dozens of vehicles registered in my name at the DLT and I have never been asked for WP

even a tourist visa can register a vehicle with a certificate of residence from immigration or embassy... 

Please read before claiming 'nonsense'.

You have registered vehicles with a certificate of residence, as I said " To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. " (bold font added).

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Please read before claiming 'nonsense'.

You have registered vehicles with a certificate of residence, as I said " To buy a car (or better, to register a vehicle) a workpermit or yellow housebook or certificate of residence is required. " (bold font added).

On my most recent bought motorcycle the proof of address certificate wasn't even required as the lady who sells them registered it for me  (usually I do registering vehicles myself and get a personalised plate at the same time) 

12 hours ago, speedtripler said:

On my most recent bought motorcycle the proof of address certificate wasn't even required as the lady who sells them registered it for me  (usually I do registering vehicles myself and get a personalised plate at the same time) 

There may be an exception on occasion here.

Still, my claim is not 'nonsense' but very true. Your claim 'nonsense' though is exactly that, nonsense.