retirement visa thailand

4 minutes ago, poanoi said:

sigh, i was hoping they would cut me a few weeks slack in phnom pen.

they did me a huge favor when i was 34, i wrote a letter telling them i was on medical retirement, and they gave me 1 year visa just like that

The may of been more flexible back then.

If you are just a few weeks short of 50 you could try in Phnom Penh but you will certainly need financial proof. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 3:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon on retirement at immigration here. 

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

To apply for the extension you will need a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry. It is possible to apply for it at immigration if you can meet the financial requirements (the money does not need to be in the bank for 60 days to apply).

hi, there is another piece if info i need: if i get a year extension,

do i at any point in the rest of my life having to do any more visa run or

can i just keep on extension in immigration office in jomtien each year until i'm dead ?

Edited by poanoi

7 minutes ago, poanoi said:

hi, there is another piece if info i need: if i get a year extension,

do i at any point in the rest of my life having to do any more visa run or

can i just keep on extension in immigration office in jomtien each year until i'm dead ?

You can keep getting a new extension every year without ever needing to leave the country unless you want to.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can keep getting a new extension every year without ever needing to leave the country unless you want to.

thanks, it means a world to me. i have read that its possible to do the 90 day reporting

online, is that true ?

if so, that should mean i only have to go to jomtien once a year and nothing more

3 minutes ago, poanoi said:

thanks, it means a world to me. i have read that its possible to do the 90 day reporting

online, is that true ?

if so, that should mean i only have to go to jomtien once a year and nothing more

You can do 90 day reports online or by mail or you can have somebody do them for you.

No need to immigration more than once a year.

i have a dilemma: my cambodia visa run out 23rd march,

but i'm not 50 until beginning of april.

if i go and ask for non immigrant visa before cambodia visa is up,

-i get denied retirement visa cause i wasnt 50 at the time i applied.

if i go to the border and get a cambodia tourist visa so i'm 50 at the time i apply for non immigrant visa, -immigration in pattaya will whinge i keep crossing border and wont

extend retirement visa, what gives ?

• 5 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 4:31 PM, poanoi said:

thanks for reply everyone,

and i got a question: many years ago i applied for marriage visa,

but the immigration officer kept demanding more and more proof that i had transferred money from homeland to thailand, and so time ran out, and i had to abandon the attempt.

what do i do if the immigration officer resort to stalling me so i cant get extension in a timely manner ?

You got very unlucky that won't happen now. You report her

On 3/4/2018 at 7:56 AM, poanoi said:

that should mean i only have to go to jomtien once a year and nothing more

I know people who never go to Jomtien Immigration as agents handle the whole retirement extension thing for them, including their 90-day reporting.

Also as far as I'm aware you can be officially represented by someone if you are unable to travel for health reasons. Thailand is quite helpful about things like that (though we wont mention the wheelchair ramp at Jomtien, which resembles the north face of the Eiger).