Dying men's hair.

dfdgfdfdgs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

Although I have 90% grey hair on my head, all the other hair on my body, is brown - including 'down there'.

Dunno why that is.

Hardly seems fair, does it?

I mean, by the time you get a chippie to see what's down there, there isn't much need to look all young and virile any more.

Edited by impulse

Doubtful for it to be the hair colour (especially if the hair is that short). 

Other possibilities:

1. Modern technology creates massive male populations for girls to choose from (as many conventional holidays guys use the apps too). It is great for the girls, as in one night they can find many better looking possibilities than what they used to be restricted to in the same age bracket. Not so great for many guys.   

2. If talking guys in their 20s, many 'attractive' Thai women I know now seek guys who live overseas (in their 20s). They 'generalise' from their limited experiences the ones living in Thai as having something wrong with them. They are of the belief the only reason other than family, high paying job etc to move to a 3rd world country from a 1st is they cant find 'fun' back home (so to them added health risks, maybe not as good looking as they previously thought they were before widening their search, odd personalities, why aren't farang girls wanting them?).

3. Prolonged unrealistic expectations. Easy for a young guy in Thailand, everything is handed to them. So they become lazy, girls pick up on this and know what it is all about and really couldn't be bothered with those guys anymore. 

Firstly may I say seasons greetings to all. A great post by the OP both for being honest about yourself ( including pics!) and for the discussion of Thais views on appearance. Firstly may I offer a couple of practical tips.. spend the extra couple of hundred baht and buy a good product. You can use again what is left. By the way I never dye my hair... too messy !... I get my hairdresser to do it!! Every Thai hairdresser and for that matter most Thai girls are familiar with hair dye as it’s so common here. Another thing to consider as you are very young...for this forum anyway!!... what style do you like to have? Bearing in mind the roots will show grey in a week or two. Very short hair will be difficult to color longterm. Also shortish spiked/gelled hair etc. Another tip a lot of older guys forget and therefore make themselves look ridiculous is what color is the rest of your body hair? Beard, chest, pubes!! If all those are going grey you have to consider these. If a anyone does anything appearance wise that looks unnatural then it will start to draw negative comments. The negative posts here are not off the mark. The guy on the BTS with copper colored thinning hair on top, clumps of grey sprouting out of his singlet and grey all around the nape of his neck isn’t going to get anything other than disdain in RCA or most other places other than perhaps a bar on Beach road at 11am!

I cant really say what Thais think as I am not Thai but I will offer a few observations.. As a generalization there does seem to be a lot more stigma attached to grey hair here across the board. Whether it’s the 50 year old lady sat in the village with her grand daughter plucking away at the white hairs or the “hi so” Thai guy in his 60’s with jet black hair. Looking closer I personally see Thais in Central Bkk as I would say Americans in NY or SF or Aussies in Sydney/ Melbourne taking more care over there appearance. So without a doubt to give my personal opinion for the OP then if you want to date young Thais in Bkk then with due care go for it coz the popularity of George Clooney doesn’t really stack up here against the KP guys!! All the best!

ps tho’ it is ‘off topic’ the completely clean shaven look seems very popular across the board!!

Edited by bosun
Update

Without reading the thread I will give you my take on it. I started dying my hair when I noticed some grey at 25 years old. My Dad always had a full head of hair but he was completely grey by 30 years old. I decided that was not for me and have been dying my hair after a hair cut every 4 to 5 weeks ever since. No one is aware I have full grey hair underneath except for close friends who joke with me about it. I am 61 now.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:44 PM, pgrahmm said:

Might work if not too much gray.....You'll notice it growning out after 3-4 days.....

They have kits for that too.....

Congratulations - you have a new hobby.....

wow ... in thailand with the abundance of beautiful women you are this vain ? you do realise it is a deadly sin do you not ?   new hobby ? no i do not think so , i feel this one has been mirror gazing his entire life .  kinda sad but after a woman has been around this kind of person she learns what a real man is made of and how he carries himself.  that benefits the rest of us . so i guess i should thank him .

On 25/12/2017 at 1:14 AM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Really I couldn't care less if I have grey hair, but my guess is (I could be wrong) that Thai girls do care.  Bear in mind I'm usually going for early twenties sort of age range.  Maybe they're more shallow than older women, or maybe when they see grey hair, they see their Dad, and it's more of a deal-breaker for them.

I'm in my late 50's, and have also been and am very confident when it comes to picking up women, especially in the old country.

Here in Thailand you DO NOT need to be confident, if your half good looking, dress well and smell nice, (not too much cologne) because the Thai women can't handle it, you should be able to pick up any girls in their 20's to 40's without a problem, although women in general from my experience, like confident guys, they also like the shyness in a male.

As for dying your hair, nothing wrong with that, although I would recommend hair for men, was 260 baht, now its dropped to 209 baht to compete with the other brands, stay away from the cheaper stuff as it might come back to haunt you.

Happy scoring.....

On 12/24/2017 at 9:33 PM, Berkshire said:

I don't know any 50/60/70 year old trying to look like a teenager.  Do you?

in china there is a national law after 39 you must dye black or no food for you ....

2 minutes ago, mikiea said:

wow ... in thailand with the abundance of beautiful women you are this vain ? you do realise it is a deadly sin do you not ?   new hobby ? no i do not think so , i feel this one has been mirror gazing his entire life .  kinda sad but after a woman has been around this kind of person she learns what a real man is made of and how he carries himself.  that benefits the rest of us . so i guess i should thank him .

So, what you're saying is that beautiful women are pretty much interchangeable?  That if the one the OP is attracted to prefers men with young looking hair, the one next to her will meet the OP's needs?  That's a whole different pathology.

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, what you're saying is that beautiful women are pretty much interchangeable?  That if the one the OP is attracted to prefers men with young looking hair, the one next to her will meet the OP's needs?  That's a whole different pathology.

pathology ? crank open a websters now and then ....and yes most of the beautiful women are interchangeable because they all want the same thing , and black hair is not it ...cheeeze.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

I started going bald at quite a young age , and i can remember a prog on tv where guys were blaming everything and why they could not find a girl on the fact they had lost their hair , bunch of losers ,ive never had a problem ,just be confident in what you have works every time losers . that and the millions of pounds i have in the bank :passifier:

merry xmas to all the grey haired men .

When I was younger, the girls always wanted to touch my long hair as a special privilege. These days they're more than happy to touch my grey strains filled with wisdom and they now appreciate my full understanding of girl's anatomy. 

There is no such thing as grey hair...only white hair.

The grey is the result of an optical illusion, when the white hair are mixed with many darker hair.

This is why Thai women, in their villages, spend hours removing white hair with the help of a friend and a pair of tweezers...so they don't have to use costly colors...

As far as you are concerned, OP, I would advise 2 possible solutions:

1. Shave your head and move to Pattaya (ladies there like eggheads, even more if they are overweight, a sure sign of wealth, and even more if they are heavy drinkers, because it keeps their sexual needs to a minimum)

2. Keep your hair as they are naturally and move to Isaan (ladies there don't care at all)

47 minutes ago,  mikiea said: 

wow ... in thailand with the abundance of beautiful women you are this vain ? you do realise it is a deadly sin do you not ?   new hobby ? no i do not think so , i feel this one has been mirror gazing his entire life”

I have enjoyed this thread on a rainy Boxing Day morning and I hope Mikiea being a “real man” you won’t object to my disagreeing with what you said. You have very clearly insulted the OP without reason. The OP has in fact said he isn’t that bothered about going grey but in the context of his situation as a young guy in Thailand in 2017 he has sort out options and opinions from us, mostly older , TV members. Is that really vain? Yes perhaps with endless selfies etc etc many of us older guys are sometimes left wondering where is the world going etc. But to get back on to my reason to disagree is there anything more vain than saying “ I don’t care what anyone thinks...” Yes obsession about appearance ( leading to say anorexia) is a sad problem. But Mikiea, that is a long long way from the OP’s post. I would say he is shown his fair share of wisdom and by posting this topic with pics a deal of humbleness ... which it seems to me the “ I look like this and don’t care “ brigade seem to lack.

Nothing makes a dude look old like grey hair. And nothing looks sillier than a bad dye job on a really old, really old looking dude.

There is, however, a middle ground that is well worth it. Fit, well kempt, younger-looking-than-their-actual-age guys can benefit from a much more youthful look with dyed hair. Nice white teeth and big smile works wonders too. :biggrin:

(remember the world's oldest teenager Dick Clark)

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

There is no such thing as grey hair...only white hair.

The grey is the result of an optical illusion, when the white hair are mixed with many darker hair.

This is why Thai women, in their villages, spend hours removing white hair with the help of a friend and a pair of tweezers...so they don't have to use costly colors...

As far as you are concerned, OP, I would advise 2 possible solutions:

1. Shave your head and move to Pattaya (ladies there like eggheads, even more if they are overweight, a sure sign of wealth, and even more if they are heavy drinkers, because it keeps their sexual needs to a minimum)

2. Keep your hair as they are naturally and move to Isaan (ladies there don't care at all)

Mr Brunolem you got everything figure out didn't you? Yes, I very much agreed what you said.

OP could be just your age.......just like we show more interest in girls in their 20's because they are cute, same applies with us boys.

I noticed girls interest started to fade in myself when I reached 29-32 years old......and these days its pretty much non existent except for the odd hot grandma.