Dying men's hair.

dfdgfdfdgs

On 12/25/2017 at 12:14 AM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I'm confident, I have a fairly big ego.  And I was getting better results 3 or 4 years ago, when my confidence was exactly the same level.  And I'm in better shape than I was then.  So it's either I'm looking older (possibly where the grey comes into play) or because there's more competition, or maybe it's because I'm trying to punch more above my weight than I was then, but I don't think so.

Really I couldn't care less if I have grey hair, but my guess is (I could be wrong) that Thai girls do care.  Bear in mind I'm usually going for early twenties sort of age range.  Maybe they're more shallow than older women, or maybe when they see grey hair, they see their Dad, and it's more of a deal-breaker for them.

Anyway, we'll see if this makes any difference in the next couple of weeks.  I'll report back with the results.  I'll try and post some photos as well.

Perhaps this 'confidence' and 'big ego' are the problem.....not the hair?

Personality beats looks hands down every time. Looks might get you the first date.....but personality gets the second and subsequent dates.

As does a full wallet.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Perhaps this 'confidence' and 'big ego' are the problem.....not the hair?

Personality beats looks hands down every time. Looks might get you the first date.....but personality gets the second and subsequent dates.

As does a full wallet.

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

Just look at Trump!

Granted nobody can dispute the 'full wallet' argument, but looks AND personality for the average smart wallet holder trumps either/or! 

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Just look at Trump...or his pal Kim

Screenshot_2017-10-16-18-53-09-1.png

They both seem to be doing ok.

One poster mentioned something that got me thinking. He said something along the lines that by the time he was 29 or early thirties he too noticed a drop off in interest from younger girls.

Perhaps this is just nature working its way.

A 21 year old (normal type of ) girl may be interested in someone say up to 24 or 25 but possibly not much older.  I know I'm generalising but please indulge me. Maternal instinct stuff kicking in maybe?

The OP might have to face facts that he is too old for the really young chicks....hard to accept but perhaps that may be the reality.

Interesting topic. I am originally a ginger, went to strawberry blonde, now a white blonde at 40. It looks okay to me as the contrast isn't great. I'm totally cool with it. I keep my hair short. 

What is interesting is when I have a beard like at the moment. The beard is still full on ginger for the most part apart from the chin. Makes for a great contrast. I like looking different. Admittedly I'm not in Thailand so I've no idea how Thais would view it. Personally I don't care either as I'm not on the pull. My wife tells me she likes the look, and the beard too, which is strange for a Thai I think. She wants me to keep the beard for when I visit next year because she thinks it makes me look scary for Thai people. 

All in all, do what makes you happy, but personally speaking I'm happy with myself, and I don't care what others think. 

On 12/24/2017 at 4:44 PM, pgrahmm said:

Might work if not too much gray.....You'll notice it growning out after 3-4 days.....

They have kits for that too.....

Congratulations - you have a new hobby.....

Use henna bignen dark brown, it costs 40 thb and you will stop looking like sh*t.

Apart being bald grey hair is the worst thing that could happen to someone with face.

People with grey hair look instantly old and ugly.

I know a guy that had premature gray - when he moved to Bangkok, he died it Platinum White, got a new hair style - combed it back, instant Chick magnet - his wife didn't appreciate it as much as he did, they actually got divorced a year later.........:coffee1:  be careful what you wish for I guess.

10 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nothing makes a dude look old like grey hair. And nothing looks sillier than a bad dye job on a really old, really old looking dude.

There is, however, a middle ground that is well worth it. Fit, well kempt, younger-looking-than-their-actual-age guys can benefit from a much more youthful look with dyed hair. Nice white teeth and big smile works wonders too. :biggrin:

(remember the world's oldest teenager Dick Clark)

(remember the world's oldest teenager Dick Clark)   who used to die his hair regularly!!

14 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Other possibilities:

1. Modern technology creates massive male populations for girls to choose from (as many conventional holidays guys use the apps too). It is great for the girls, as in one night they can find many better looking possibilities than what they used to be restricted to in the same age bracket. Not so great for many guys.   

2. If talking guys in their 20s, many 'attractive' Thai women I know now seek guys who live overseas (in their 20s). They 'generalise' from their limited experiences the ones living in Thai as having something wrong with them. They are of the belief the only reason other than family, high paying job etc to move to a 3rd world country from a 1st is they cant find 'fun' back home (so to them added health risks, maybe not as good looking as they previously thought they were before widening their search, odd personalities, why aren't farang girls wanting them?).

3. Prolonged unrealistic expectations. Easy for a young guy in Thailand, everything is handed to them. So they become lazy, girls pick up on this and know what it is all about and really couldn't be bothered with those guys anymore. 

Not too sure about 2. but 1. I was already aware of and agree with totally and 3. is some seriously deep outside the box stuff.

I was also thinking what was different then compared to now and I considered that my Thai is a lot better, and I probably act and behave more like a Thai; not consciously but when you're surrounded by the same mannerisms every day I think you start to mirror them automatically.  For those girls who are only interested in dating white guys (or other foreigners), maybe those unique traits that we have, are part of the attraction, and when you start to assimilate to your new environment you are of less interest to those girls.  E.g. maybe they like the experience of having to speak English, it's more out of their comfort zone, and when they're speaking Thai it's just a bit more mundane for them...

11 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Follow up please.....are women now throwing themselves at you??

I only met two girls since I made the thread.  These are both from apps by the way.  First one went for coffee, she was nice, girlfriend material kind of girl, but then I've never met a girl from Buriram that I didn't have fun/good conversation with.  I don't know for sure what she thought of me but she seemed happy enough.

Second one I thought wasn't gonna be interested because she looked at least a point above me on the /10 scale, maybe two points.  But she asked me to her place so we can put that down as a win.

Not enough data to draw any proper conclusions.

8 hours ago, tryasimight said:

A 21 year old (normal type of ) girl may be interested in someone say up to 24 or 25 but possibly not much older.  I know I'm generalising but please indulge me. Maternal instinct stuff kicking in maybe?

I think this is probably the crux of it.  Ages might vary a bit from girl to girl.

If you can wind the clock back a couple of years (i.e getting rid of grey hair), you stand a better chance I reckon.

20 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

2. If talking guys in their 20s, many 'attractive' Thai women I know now seek guys who live overseas (in their 20s). They 'generalise' from their limited experiences the ones living in Thai as having something wrong with them. They are of the belief the only reason other than family, high paying job etc to move to a 3rd world country from a 1st is they cant find 'fun' back home (so to them added health risks, maybe not as good looking as they previously thought they were before widening their search, odd personalities, why aren't farang girls wanting them?).

Lucky you!

You know Thai women who search for farangs and are deep thinkers

Or maybe you are overthinking this a bit.

I also know quite a few of these attractive Thai women seeking guys living overseas (thanks to Facebook).

Their motives are not so convoluted.

What they want is a sponsor...a guy with a limited presence in Thailand and an unlimited budget

So they can have both the cake and eat it, as the saying goes.

Farangs living in Thailand, young or old, wealthy or not, are a nuisance, because they are here all the time, and so the ladies can't do whatever they want, such as binge drinking with friends or have a cute Thai boyfriend, for example.

18 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Just look at Trump...or his pal Kim

Screenshot_2017-10-16-18-53-09-1.png

The guy on the left needs a little Hitler mustache to go with the hair, the guy on the right looks like a man I sat next to in a bar in Singapore............