Blacklisted! Advice needed

I was blacklisted from TH for a year following a visa overstay. I am now in a nearby country, but really need to get back into TH to support my wife & kid. 

Any advice on how to get the blacklist cleared and return to TH in the short term? I know I will have to pay, but I am looking for the right well-connected contacts to help my case. 

Kindly spare me the comments about how irresponsible I was, I do know that, I am looking for a constructive solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

You can teach English in neighboring country, live like your skint and send as much monthly as you can to your wife and kid. Monthly they can arrange a quick visit to maintain family unity. Sorry to see you in this situation but when life throws you lemons....

My advice is to wait it out. With the current government in place, I have seen corruption being addressed here locally. Something I have not ever seen before. People seem to be a bit more hesitant about circumventing the law. 

The OP's story is just another reminder to me, what could happen, if I don't jump through the hoops when needed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe UK said:

Any advice on how to get the blacklist cleared and return to TH in the short term? I know I will have to pay, but I am looking for the right well-connected contacts to help my case

How long has your ban got left to run?

Even if you were able to enlist the assistance of well-connected individuals to get your blacklist cleared, the wheels aimed at achieving this end would in all probability still turn so slowly that your ban might well have expired in the natural course of things by the time the process had reached its conclusion one way or the other.

In any case, there is no cast-iron guarantee that these well-connected individuals would deliver your desired outcome despite your remunerating them handsomely on the strength of promises which turned out to be hollow!

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

Joe I do hope you are not considering something naughty, haven't we learned?

Apart from sitting out the term, or getting your wife and kid to move near the border.

Other than that I would worry a lawyer would take you for a ride.

I haven't heard/read about anyone overturning a blacklist to date?

You can go through the courts, on hardship grounds, but this would probably take over a year. 

Can your family visit you, every now and then, if you meet them in a neighbouring country?

9 hours ago, tonray said:

You can teach English in neighboring country, live like your skint and send as much monthly as you can to your wife and kid. Monthly they can arrange a quick visit to maintain family unity. Sorry to see you in this situation but when life throws you lemons....

Native english speakers are well payed in Vietnam & Laos, even you don't have an degree.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Go back to your home country and then get a name change and a new passport.....I guess that's the best solution. also get 20k in case they ask you.

And after that jump through hoops here to get the name of wife and kid changed as well.

I would not recommend this.

• Like 1

Joe UK if you don't mind me asking what happened how did you end up in that situation?  What kind of visa were you on?  I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  I don't know if they can help or not but I know of a damn good visa agency in Bangkok called TSL.  The only contact phone number I can find at the moment is for Korn one of the employees his number is 089-819-9930.  Ask to speak with David Lam he runs the company.  Every time I have used them just for basic services only they have always been very honest with me.  Although I don't know anything about how to deal with an overstay situation and I never plan on finding out unless some unforeseen circumstances occur God forbid.  Sorry to hear about that I don't know if TSL can help you but I'm sure they can at least probably tell you who to contact who's honest or at least point you in the right direction.  All I've ever used them for is basic visa extension services nothing like this but they're really good maybe they can help you.  Good luck and I hope you're able to get back in the country soon.  Again their contact phone number is 089-819-9930 and that's TSL in Bangkok.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Koratjohn77 said:

Joe UK if you don't mind me asking what happened how did you end up in that situation?  What kind of visa were you on?  I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you.  I don't know if they can help or not but I know of a damn good visa agency in Bangkok called TSL.  The only contact phone number I can find at the moment is for Korn one of the employees his number is 089-819-9930.  Ask to speak with David Lam he runs the company.  Every time I have used them just for basic services only they have always been very honest with me.  Although I don't know anything about how to deal with an overstay situation and I never plan on finding out unless some unforeseen circumstances occur God forbid.  Sorry to hear about that I don't know if TSL can help you but I'm sure they can at least probably tell you who to contact who's honest or at least point you in the right direction.  All I've ever used them for is basic visa extension services nothing like this but they're really good maybe they can help you.  Good luck and I hope you're able to get back in the country soon.  Again their contact phone number is 089-819-9930 and that's TSL in Bangkok.  

Thank you very nuch, John. I will talk to them. Cheers. 

You broke the law.

I have no sympathy for those who do this.  They just make it much harder for us who obey the rules and follow the law.

You can send your family money without being here.  I am sure they can come visit you.

Figure it out and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Go back to your home country and then get a name change and a new passport.....I guess that's the best solution. also get 20k in case they ask you.

I have a friend who was given that actual advice from the immigration officer at Suvarnabhumi, when he left the country with a 3 years ban, and just over a year overstay. He asked if there was any way to get around it, because of wife and kids.

Not sure what happened later, this was just a few weeks ago, if he did just that, but it was a strange suggestion from the officer himself.