Blacklisted! Advice needed

51 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't read why he was blacklisted for a year. Presumably he overstayed by a significant amount of time.

Be interesting to know how this all came about

He wrote he was on overstay. It only requires an overstay that is more than 90 days to get a one year ban.

Perhaps read the rules here. New overstay rules.pdf

20 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

there is a visa agent in chaing mai that i just saw advertising on face book for overstay/black ban reversals . PM me and ill give you his name .

Thais greatest scams are on FB. A Thai would not advertise an ilegal service if at all there really are those that can get it overturned 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Go back to your home country and then get a name change and a new passport.....I guess that's the best solution. also get 20k in case they ask you.

That was that worse try to help, I´ve ever heard. Yes, right! Go home and change your name and passport. Why don´t you just go ahead and change your personal security number to, which are the only constant that links the passports together in the system? Does not seem so easy no more, right? 

You just advised him, according to what Immigration is going to think, to break the law again by trying by himself to sneak into the country under falsified information.
Are you trying to give him a 10 year ban?

21 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

there is a visa agent in chaing mai that i just saw advertising on face book for overstay/black ban reversals . PM me and ill give you his name .

I sincerely hope that that you ain´t falling for this JoeUK. This is nothing but a big scam that will cost you a lot of money with no result at all.
It should actually be a ban handed out for posting bad advices like that.

• Like 2

There is a French Canadian lawyer in Korat who also has Thai lawyers working for him. A friend in Oz has used him for years....search under Isaan Lawyers, his first name is Sebastian.....he will tell you the truth and may save you lots of money. Good luck.The advice about changing your name and passport might be important. A friend who just finished a year ban went to get a visa in Spain to Thailand and they rejected him with his American passport he was banned with here.....he also had another passport with his name in Spanish which they accepted.

14 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why don´t you just go ahead and change your personal security number to, which are the only constant that links the passports together in the system? Does not seem so easy no more, right? 

I would never advise or condone changing your surname to gain entry in to any country after a ban or blacklist, however, just to point out that given that the OP seems to hail from the UK, then he will have no personal security number as such, the constants would be DOB, place of birth, plus of course his photo.

He would be be very ill advised to try such a stunt, as you correctly point out.

OP you are banned from entering Thailand for 12 months, you are not blacklisted, do as per the advice of several others, wait out the ban in a nearby country, support your wife and family financially, pay for them to visit to see you, a year really is not a huge amount of time, especially if you factor in the time that you have take to find anybody that 'says' they can reverse the ban, gone through the process of the reversal and parted with loads of money, the ban would be over with.

Then in the future, don't put yourself in the situation again.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mansell said:

There is a French Canadian lawyer in Korat who also has Thai lawyers working for him. A friend in Oz has used him for years....search under Isaan Lawyers, his first name is Sebastian.....he will tell you the truth and may save you lots of money. Good luck.The advice about changing your name and passport might be important. A friend who just finished a year ban went to get a visa in Spain to Thailand and they rejected him with his American passport he was banned with here.....he also had another passport with his name in Spanish which they accepted.

Was that his Spanish passport?

18 hours ago, Joe UK said:

Thank you very nuch, John. I will talk to them. Cheers. 

i will say one more thing Joe. You have a wife and kid that you want to get back to right? so don't screw this up. what i am trying to say is there are people and i know one or two that could get that blacklist wiped for a price. However, the thing you might want to think about is next year when you do a new visa and the officers notice that you should have been blacklisted but it dissapeared for some reason.(is that likely i don't know, but you have to consider the risk) then all of a sudden you are under investigation for giving bribes etc. the person who sorts your BL will not go punished but there is a good chance you would. 5 year ban sound nice to the wife and kid? at this point in time i would avoid the 'way around' and just deal with the ban as has been given by immo. only thinking of you mate. it's your call at the end of the day, just think carefully

Edited by Happy enough

Returning to the UK and changing your name then getting a new passport is a risky move. Immigration officers may still connect you using DOB and facial recognition, then you can say goodbye to seeing Thailand for a long time. Even if you got in, there are those who may know of your case and will inform upon you, or local immigration officers may identify you. So you would really have to move to a different province as well, and make new friends. Also you can never make your girlfriend mad, because she might inform on you in the heat of the moment. Your 'new' immigration record will always be evidence of your deceit if the connection is made.

As most have said, best bet is get girlfriend to visit you, send money for support, and go earn some money. One year will go quickly, and you will not have to worry about being found out afterwards.

Returning to the UK and changing your name then getting a new passport is a risky move. Immigration officers may still connect you using DOB and facial recognition, then you can say goodbye to seeing Thailand for a long time. Even if you got in, there are those who may know of your case and will inform upon you, or local immigration officers may identify you. So you would really have to move to a different province as well, and make new friends. Also you can never make your girlfriend mad, because she might inform on you in the heat of the moment. Your 'new' immigration record will always be evidence of your deceit if the connection is made.

As most have said, best bet is get girlfriend to visit you, send money for support, and go earn some money. One year will go quickly, and you will not have to worry about being found out afterwards.

They use facial recognition? I've not seen that confirmed before, maybe op should have a facelift too

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

95% of Thai borders are totally unguarded.  I won't say anymore...

Been to all of them then?

Doubt it.

With regard to OP, I should wait out your year ban & then re enter.

If you get found out as rickudon says you may, then you'll be in real trouble.

• Haha 1

Motorbiked all the way from Doi Pha Hom Pok across to Nan and Phayao.  The road runs along the border and there's only 2-3 checkpoints along a 200 mile stretch.  At Doi Pha Hom Pok there is one ranger guarding the entire border in the park.  Stayed on Koh Tarutao and Langkawi in Malaysia which is a 4km swim between the two.  Been to Koh Chang in Ranong from where Myanmar is clearly visible across the water and fishing boats traverse between the two.  Been to Koh Kood where you can see Cambodia.

I've walked across from Thailand to Myanmar, I went about 5 steps where there was a gap in the barbed wire (just for a photo) then turned around.

If you go to the summit of Phu Chi Fa in Chiang Rai you are actually in Laos by 20 metres or so.

At the golden triangle you can go across the river (the idea is you cross temporarily not permanently) just by showing your passport, you don't need to get it stamped.

etc etc.  The borders are porous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

95% of Thai borders are totally unguarded.  I won't say anymore...

If you're suggesting that the OP should cross the border illegally then this is the absolute worst advice.  Get caught doing that or caught in country without permission to be there / having entered illegally would see criminal charges and a very real chance of being blacklisted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Motorbiked all the way from Doi Pha Hom Pok across to Nan and Phayao.  The road runs along the border and there's only 2-3 checkpoints along a 200 mile stretch.  At Doi Pha Hom Pok there is one ranger guarding the entire border in the park.  Stayed on Koh Tarutao and Langkawi in Malaysia which is a 4km swim between the two.  Been to Koh Chang in Ranong from where Myanmar is clearly visible across the water and fishing boats traverse between the two.  Been to Koh Kood where you can see Cambodia.

I've walked across from Thailand to Myanmar, I went about 5 steps where there was a gap in the barbed wire (just for a photo) then turned around.

If you go to the summit of Phu Chi Fa in Chiang Rai you are actually in Laos by 20 metres or so.

At the golden triangle you can go across the river (the idea is you cross temporarily not permanently) just by showing your passport, you don't need to get it stamped.

etc etc.  The borders are porous.

Great idea, then when he is getting caught AGAIN, he can spend some time in jail. where his family can visit him so they won't miss him too much. Only issue is that he can't support them financially as he will need some money to get decent food in there.   

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

I know what they are but 90 is not being mistaken by a day or two is it

You wrote this.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:25 AM, gandalf12 said:

Maybe I missed it but I didn't read why he was blacklisted for a year. Presumably he overstayed by a significant amount of time.

Be interesting to know how this all came about

I don't consider 90 days to be a significant amount of time. It has happened to people that thought that a multiple entry visa valid for 6 months or a year allowed them to stay until the visa expired.

If he was caught with less than 90 days it would be a 5 year ban or more than a year it would be a 10 year ban.

• Like 1

On December 27, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Joe UK said:

Thank you very nuch, John. I will talk to them. Cheers. 

I don't know if they handle situations like yours or not but they're very professional and honest.  They deal with visas, extensions, and stuff like that maybe they do deal with things like this I don't know I've never been in that situation before but I'm sure they can probably point you in the right direction at least.  Were you on a marriage visa?  

• Like 1

Stay away do your time and why overstay? Do you have money? If yes so why not just make sure your visa is OK ALL time 

Why you not just go home UK make some money 

You want support your family just send money easy 

Sorry I  think you live day by day without money enough to have this life in paradise 

Just another farang there get Thailand addicted 

Only thing I really sorry about it is your son you not a good father 

51 minutes ago, leverito said:

Find a good immigration agent.He can help you.

Agent,not company or lawyer.

There is no way the average agent has the contacts to cancel a blacklisting order. Such a move requires sign off at a very high level. If you find an agent with the necessary contacts, it is going to be very expensive. You are far more likely to encounter someone who says they can help, and then takes your money without delivering.

• Like 2

I have dated not one, but two different immigration officers. Both of them seemed to think it was a relatively trivial manner to be added to, or removed from, the blacklist. Now I admit this was prior to these rules being in place and things may have changed. But based on their attitudes I don't think it takes as high of level officer as you might assume. You could easily take a "no cure no pay" policy with the right attorney and deal with it risk free.  Your wife could handle this in country. If you can solve it this way you would be ok.  

• Like 1