Upset people

KhunMhee

So being as I have not posted here much and I know this thread was likely done before (many times) but as a glass is 1/2 full kind of guy I am interested to see who so many posters here are so upset all the time. I read the topics that interest me and I have seen a pattern some people here like to draw such negative attention to every topic. What in your life has made you so bitter? I ask because when replying to people in threads it will help understand why they have a negative view on things.

I get there will be the typical trolls and people who have " Been posting here for ever " type of chuckles. But I am not asking those ones. I m asking the people who seem so bent out of shape that the entire world is just a mean and nasty place. Maybe I am a bit too young to be so content and happy but I learned that if you stay positive in the things you do even if it falls on it's preverbal butt at least you tried.

Are there people here who don't see good in anything? 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree its very negative. I'm not sure how they get out of this negative pit without making yet another rule banning a type of post. But it could be all the posts being deleted that could be partially causing the problem. The other Pattaya forum i use is fine, completely different mindset, people aren't there to argue unlike here

You are going to get a lot of responses, when the grumpy brigade get out of their pit and read it.  You are right of course.  So many here and on other forums seem bitter and twisted and everything about Thailand and the Thai people  seems to send them into a rage.  I have no idea why they are here or what they expect from life, but I guess that you find these people everywhere and forums like this  just attract their comments because they have nothing better to do to occupy them. They also get a response, which is attention and what they are after.  

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree its very negative. I'm not sure how they get out of this negative pit without making yet another rule banning a type of post. But it could be all the posts being deleted that could be partially causing the problem. The other Pattaya forum i use is fine, completely different mindset, people aren't there to argue unlike here

I just wonder why it's so negative. Though I am happy to hear it's not elsewhere. Maybe people just need a venue to vent on here. A vent / rant sub forum with an enter at your own risk warning might cheer some up.

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You are going to get a lot of responses, when the grumpy brigade get out of their pit and read it.  You are right of course.  So many here and on other forums seem bitter and twisted and everything about Thailand and the Thai people  seems to send them into a rage.  I have no idea why they are here or what they expect from life, but I guess that you find these people everywhere and forums like this  just attract their comments because they have nothing better to do to occupy them. They also get a response, which is attention and what they are after.  

Not sure it is only dealing with Thailand. I think some are just grumpy in life in general. It could be loneliness and seeking some human interaction. Never thought of it that way. I guess if the thread gets flamed at least this came outta it. Something to ponder thanks for that.

1 minute ago, KhunMhee said:

I just wonder why it's so negative. Though I am happy to hear it's not elsewhere. Maybe people just need a venue to vent on here. A vent / rant sub forum with an enter at your own risk warning might cheer some up.

It seems to depend on what company you keep.  I have a good group of friends here, both western and Thai.  I have a loving and  close family, both UK and Thai and I don't live in the local  City.  My life is stable and interesting and I guess that is the key.  The others who do rant and rave may well not have the stable surroundings and support that we all need to enjoy life.  When you sit in a bar on Beach Road in Pattaya, drinking beer at 9am and survey the world through warped eyes, never leave the City, and meet the worst of humanity, both western and Thai, its going to twist you up a bit.  This is a big generalisation I know, but it happens. 

I think the negativity makes people negative so self perpetuating

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

I suffer from manic happiness.

It drives everyone crazy.

Me too and though I hate to admit it.... I am a morning person as well. Takes me all of 2 minutes to jump outta bed and get started on the new day. Took Mrs. Mhee a few years to cope with it.

1 minute ago, Rhys said:

That is why we have TV.

Yea I get that some people see it as a vent. I suppose the attitude of " If it pisses you off do something about it " is well and truly dead. Was how I was brought up. I suppose I should thank my family for making this part of my daily thought process

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe we should name and shame negative grumpy people once they post then it would die out. Good idea?

Sadly I think it would fuel a fire and divide the forum more so. I would lean towards simply finding out what the big issue and discussing it. As it's for the most part anonymous in the forum trying to be helpful to some might make them change their grumpy ways. (Kill em with kindness) 

14 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

Me too and though I hate to admit it.... I am a morning person as well. Takes me all of 2 minutes to jump outta bed and get started on the new day. Took Mrs. Mhee a few years to cope with it.

My wife laughs at funerals.

Sadly I think it would fuel a fire and divide the forum more so. I would lean towards simply finding out what the big issue and discussing it. As it's for the most part anonymous in the forum trying to be helpful to some might make them change their grumpy ways. (Kill em with kindness) 
Too many to help i think

1 minute ago, sipi said:

There are a lot of times when it would seem we are arguing however we are simply poking each other in the eye.

I have seen that. Some people seem to have an on going banter that follows them from thread to thread. That's not the type I was trying to get to answer. Though there are some seriously funny comments from the old posters I just wish I had been around for long enough to catch what the other stuff might have meant. I am trying to get the seriously upset people to post. Maybe just talking about stuff might get a few to feel better or such. Might help elevate the posting mood in other threads 

For me the glass is always half full.  For others it will remain eternally half empty.

Having been financially compromised in the past - debts etc, the simple pleasure of paying the electricity without worrying about it is wonderful - my hard work and effort of the past 44 years has paid off at last.

I do not know and cannot begin to understand why people - especially those ex-pats that live here appear to moan all the time.  As ex-pats living here I feel that we have two options - put-up and shut-up or return to our home country.

As an aside though I do like to moan about the weather - but there is nothing anyone can do about that.  Also the visa situation which seems incredibly complicated.

However, hope springs eternal and maybe, just maybe the grumpy we meet in life will begin to appreciate the pleasures that can be found in life.

The OP will note that when the 'glass-half-empty' brigade do contribute to this or any other thread, they will have a higher '+-to-posts' ratio that suggests they are very popular with their fellow TV members. The reality is they tend to be up early, catching the "bad road accident" or "teacher child molester" or "Pattaya drunk and naked farang" sort of threads and being first in the moobhan to post the the ubiquitous, "lazy police do your job" or "castrate and jail the scumbag" or "another quality tourist" ripostes that garner a sizable chunk of 'likes' from the peanut gallery that probably cut its teeth on Facebook.

7 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

I am trying to get the seriously upset people to post. Maybe just talking about stuff might get a few to feel better or such. Might help elevate the posting mood in other threads 

Good idea. Get them so seriously upset that they get really nasty, vindictive and personal and then they get suspended or better still, culled from the herd.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If God did indeed invent American football, what on earth did we do wrong to deserve the hopeless, hapless Houston Texans???!!!

Not that I get to watch much NFL anymore but I was a long time Tampa Bay fan. So there is always hope for the Texans!

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If God did indeed invent American football, what on earth did we do wrong to deserve the hopeless, hapless Houston Texans???!!!

well as we all know,  Tom Brady is God in another form  and Texans think that they are Gods anyway, so they never had a chance. 

I think it is the anonymity. 

When there are no consequences for your words, you can say all sorts of crap. I suspect that none or few of the negative posts would ever be uttered if they had to look a person in the eye as they said it.

Keyboard warriors get their kicks out of saying things that they wouldn't say in real life.

It is sad, but there it is...