Video: A sign of things to come at New Year - "drunk" driver caught on tape

webfact

Video: A sign of things to come at New Year - "drunk" driver caught on tape

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

A foundation medic has posted footage showing what might be expected come New Year - taken from a motorcycle the video shows a car driver weaving all over the road.

Later on the car slams into a pick-up severely injuring the car driver. The pick-up driver was only slightly hurt.

Thai News Agency said police had taken a blood sample from the driver who was believed to be drunk.

The footage was posted by Sakchai Plianlaor who is a worker with the Por Teck Tung foundation that is often seen at the scene of road accidents helping victims get to hospital and removing the deceased to the morgue.

This latest video was taken on a stretch of road that led from near Safari World to a road that runs along the Chonburi motorway. It happened near the Nong Rahaeng intersection.

Sakchai said he posted the footage as a warning of what might happen at New Year and told everyone to take care on the roads.

Thailand was recently named as the most dangerous place in the world to drive with an annual death toll well in excess of 20,000 people.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-27

Things will get worse in 2018; there is no way in this country to change the 'Attitude Problem'.

All the numbers that will be published will be 'doctored' in the usual Thai way, so things will be a lot worse than what the people are told.

Edited by trainman34014
Spelling

At least he kept to the left at the beginning ,. The crossroads just too much for him . To be honest Id have left it if I was that bad , crashing into trees at the side is a sure sign its time to walk . I drink and drive every day and have done so for years , but not shitface hammered like the Thais do ( since my teens anyway ). This is ridiculous .

Edited by sklmeeera

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Shame he didn't wrap himself around one of the telegraph poles on the side of the road, early in the clip, thus preventing innocent people from being hurt.

Well, he's Friar Tucked right now as he's smashed up his car (hopefully written off), put himself in hospital and facing a fine and or a prison sentence. Fortunately in this case no other injuries or fatalities.

13 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, he's Friar Tucked right now as he's smashed up his car (hopefully written off), put himself in hospital and facing a fine and or a prison sentence. Fortunately in this case no other injuries or fatalities.

Lets hope he really gets tucked big time. 

1 hour ago, sklmeeera said:

At least he kept to the left at the beginning ,. The crossroads just too much for him . To be honest Id have left it if I was that bad , crashing into trees at the side is a sure sign its time to walk . I drink and drive every day and have done so for years , but not shitface hammered like the Thais do ( since my teens anyway ). This is ridiculous .

Killed anyone yet?

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:
6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

How about the idiot in the blue truck that pulled out in front of the drunk idiot?

It's  ok  he  wasn't  drunk.:crazy:

After working on a jug of Jack Daniels at an old time friend's (that lived in Thailand 30+ years) we got on the subject of drinking & driving as he asked his sober wife to give me a ride home - he said "Sometimes, over here, it helps!"

2 hours ago, DLock said:

It was his passenger on the back of the bike.

So...no.

Ok Sherlock, if that's the case.

Then what about the motorcycle overtaking a drunk just after it has been veering into and out of bushes? 

Pray tell, since you were obviously  there.

41 minutes ago, coulson said:

Ok Sherlock, if that's the case.

Then what about the motorcycle overtaking a drunk just after it has been veering into and out of bushes? 

Pray tell, since you were obviously  there.

I was there. I was in the car following and the motorbike exercised due caution before he overtook the car.

...anything else you want to know?

On 27/12/2017 at 4:11 PM, sklmeeera said:

"I drink and drive every day and have done so for years,..."

The quote of the year.