Met anybody famous in Thailand?

james.d

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Black arab said:

Met some thai bloke at KK airport mrs was impressed i didnt have a clue though

Similar thing happened to me at Lampang airport. I got off the flight to be met by dozens of screaming women from teenagers to middle aged including my GF. Apparently some famous bloke was on the plane with me. I had no idea. Still don't know who he was.

5 hours ago, kwak250 said:

The kray twins uncle so he claimed at a bar in Phuket.

Around '69/'70 there was a pub I used to go to and the landlord was called Robbie Craze and he said he was a cousin of the Krays ( but changed his name ), who coincidently sometimes on coming south of the Thames used to drink at a pub about a mile away and B. Windsor was seen there once , how much truth in these stories I will never know.

1 hour ago, Black arab said:

Met some thai bloke at KK airport mrs was impressed i didnt have a clue though

Much the same here Black arab. A few years ago on a flight back from Bankers to Chiang Rai the air hostess I was told by my wife was a famous soap star . Of course I said not a very good one apparently as now relegated to selling as a trolly dolly.  Pim asked if she could have her autograf ,yes if we bought something . I said " Don't bother she can't be that famous."

30 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Around '69/'70 there was a pub I used to go to and the landlord was called Robbie Craze and he said he was a cousin of the Krays ( but changed his name ), who coincidently sometimes on coming south of the Thames used to drink at a pub about a mile away and B. Windsor was seen there once , how much truth in these stories I will never know.

Why would he change his name and tell you that he is family?

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I don't know if the ladies were jumping up and down for me or him....I have NO idea of the guys name, but your Mrs will know....:stoner:

[pic]

Did he have a group of people following him around making funny sounds every time he did something?

Boing, boom, tsjiiieeeeeep, foooooooooooooht

That guy is in almost every Thai tv show, mostly funny shows with those horrible sound effects.

No idea what his name is though.

7 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Did he have a group of people following him around making funny sounds every time he did something?

That guy is in almost every Thai tv show, mostly funny shows with those horrible sound effects.

The guy is a LOS icon....Think I am too....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.3f8018710a7bbbc328a2bcfd7b12c764.gif

6 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

He is also in almost all of Tony Jaa's movies, starting with Ong Bak...

First time onto Khao Phing Kan was 36 years ago - couldn't find James Bond anywhere! 

Missus used to be House Service at the Ambassador on Sukumvit, she met:

-  a very much younger Tom Hanks, and

-  and always repeats her story about being befriended by Mimi Rogers, and how Tom Cruise had to literally tear the two apart! I reckoned he was jealous, trying to get all the attention!   ...still.

8 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I think i have met the complete "Seal team 6" by now, all of them one by one in beer bars on different occassions.
And very strangely they all were the one who shot Osama.

Same here.

I can't even begin to estimate their numbers.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Well I don't know if the ladies were jumping up and down for me or him....I have NO idea of the guys name, but your Mrs will know....:stoner:

friend.jpg.d55a69457ec9d2685ba75e9519fe7ab2.jpg

why have a photo with him if you don't know who he is. It's MuM one of Thailand's most famous comedians. I was on his show once, I told him I did not know who he was, that raised a laugh. 

2 hours ago, tifino said:

First time onto Khao Phing Kan was 36 years ago - couldn't find James Bond anywhere! 

Missus used to be House Service at the Ambassador on Sukumvit, she met:

-  a very much younger Tom Hanks, and

-  and always repeats her story about being befriended by Mimi Rogers, and how Tom Cruise had to literally tear the two apart! I reckoned he was jealous, trying to get all the attention!   ...still.

When I first read your post I was thinking Ginger Rogers until I looked up her name.

I like Mimi Rogers but as with many actors such as Harry Dean Stanton I just never learned their real (SAG) names.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4724366/I-never-meant-to-embarrass-Tom.html

On 12/28/2017 at 2:54 PM, Bob12345 said:

Mum Jokmok 

Archived