NACC receives Gen Prawit’s clarification on luxury wristwatch and diamond ring

webfact

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes that is the big question... an good test of their desire to fight corruption or to only fight corruption that is not committed by them. I think nothing will happen, and it makes me think less of the junta. I have given up on Thailand ever getting rid of corruption as whoever is in power will always be corrupt and only go after corruption that does not involve them. 

Exactly.

How are the investigations of the guy right side in the picture going lately?

But weren't the junta your heroes not so long ago?

Edited by janclaes47

27 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Exactly.

Junta were my heroes as long as they went after corruption. They did well punishing the Shins for their corruption now they are dropping the ball (in this and other cases) when its about their own. 

I have always been against corruption, and the Shins were masters of corruption hence my aversion of the Shins now the junta is showing it has similar tricks up its sleeve, there have been corrupt democrats too. So who is left.. IMHO nobody is left they all want to be in power to get rich and that is it.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Junta were my heroes as long as they went after corruption. They did well punishing the Shins for their corruption now they are dropping the ball (in this and other cases) when its about their own. 

I have always been against corruption, and the Shins were masters of corruption hence my aversion of the Shins now the junta is showing it has similar tricks up its sleeve, there have been corrupt democrats too. So who is left.. IMHO nobody is left they all want to be in power to get rich and that is it.

And that rob is just the way it is..... We are all corrupt and live to make money so that is just that.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

So in other words,  as long as they played your card with the witch hunt of the Shinawatra's which you despise they were the good boys.

And then your eye shells fell off.

Because they dropped the ball in the first 4 months of their reign already, and many times thereafter.

Edited by janclaes47

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

So in other words,  as long as they played your card with the witch hunt of the Shinawatra's which you despise they were the good boys.

Because they dropped the ball in the first 4 months of their reign already, and many times thereafter

And then your eye shells fell off.

I made comments on those previous failings too.. so its not like the eye shells fell off now. They were just less worse then the Shin now they are equally bad. 

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes that is the big question... an good test of their desire to fight corruption or to only fight corruption that is not committed by them. I think nothing will happen, and it makes me think less of the junta. I have given up on Thailand ever getting rid of corruption as whoever is in power will always be corrupt and only go after corruption that does not involve them. 

I believe most people knew that already as it's been going on for decades. Corruption can never be fully removed but in Thailand's case will never be reduced from open slather. 

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Exactly.

Don't rush him. It takes some slow learners longer than others to see the painfully obvious. Give him another couple of years to work it out.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Don't rush him. It takes some slow learners longer than others to see the painfully obvious. Give him another couple of years to work it out.

Never been a slow learner, I am as I have always been against corruption so it was only logical to be against the Shins. I gave the junta the benefit of the doubt, they at least went after corruption, however they excluded their own corruption. That is their failing in my eyes. 

I have already often posted comments against the junta, if you have not seen them you might be a slow or bad reader. 

6 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

I believe most people knew that already as it's been going on for decades. Corruption can never be fully removed but in Thailand's case will never be reduced from open slather. 

Corruption has been going on for decades, in all countries but in most it has been reduced and it gets punished often when found out. Here in Thailand its too clear what is happening and Thailand does go after corruption.. but only after corruption of their enemies. Though I seen a few democrats caught during junta rule, I have not seen any PTP figures ever seen caught during PTP rule or junta members during junta rule. 

The fact is that the man apparently has a lot of very expensive watches that he failed to declare as assets.

Now he has submitted his explanation is it to be made public in the interests of transparency ?

Also, his assets declaration was printed in the press recently and his car was valued at 100,000 baht ? Nothing said about that so are we to assume that a man wearing watches valued at hundreds of thousands of baht is driving around in a 20 year old Toyota Corolla ?

It is clear many gullible people have been deceived. The coup was not about ending corruption but putting it back in the hands of the self proclaimed loyal patriots. Those people who said wasteful populist policies were harming the country.

Yet we have just had Prem telling Prayuth he is losing support and needs to find new followers.

Prayut replies....not to worry I have a lot of populist policies up my sleeve to restore my popularity.

( in the English language press today )

So......after all this can those who thought destroying democracy was a good thing because the Thais are 

' not ready for it ' finally understand how totally naive they were and confess they got it all wrong.

I doubt it.

So all that remains for them is to suck it up and enjoy the fruits of their labors.

10 hours ago, Darcula said:

This could be settled with a simple test. If he can spell the names of those watches, the investigation should be called off.

He went to a private Catholic boys school.  So did I.  I spell pretty well.  I'd assume he does too.  

28 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Or democrats during democrat rule.

I have not been here that long, the democrats were only in power shortly during my 10 years here so not much time for them to be real corrupt. I would love to see Suthep get done for corruption. 

16 hours ago, greenchair said:

10 more letters to follow. 

Letter goes like this  

Explanation about watches   None of you business to you guys NACC board Dont forget who gave you this overpaid job Now go make some b/s story up to tell the Thai people and close the case  signed deputy PM Old Worawit prob even wrote the letter for him His name should be Not Worawit but Worryabit because he would be worried he would loose his job if he tried to take action

It's all just a constant power struggle between politicians and civil servants all backed by rich famalies, fighting for a peace of the pie, this time it's gonna be difficult to get rid of em even after an election.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDB using Tapatalk